Pigeon Forge finishes strong

jgarrison

Congrats to the Pigeon Forge Lady Tigers for a strong finish of their regular season. They beat Clinton tonight leaving them 25-3 over all and 16-0 district.

Everyone played good tonight, but Kendra Newman was awesome!!!! She had (7) 3 pointers.

We need to take this momentum to the district and region tournaments but there is still a lot of work to do.

Way to go girls I'm very proud of you! thumb

Edited by jgarrison

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Pigeon Forge Lady Tigers for a strong finish of their regular season. They beat Clinton tonight leaving them 25-3 over all and 16-0 district.

Everyone played good tonight, but Kendra Newman was awesome!!!! She had (7) 3 pointers.

We need to take this momentum to the district and region tournaments but there is still a lot of work to do.

Way to go girls I'm very proud of you! thumb

825571809[/snapback]

According to what I have heard is that Kendra Newman barely made the honorable mention all-district team this season. I also heard that Chuckey-Doak's Heather Bowman was this year's MVP in District 2AA. Congratulations Heather Bowman. She was one of the top players I watched this season. However, Pigeon Forge did go 16-0 this season. Did this factor into the decision? Without question Whitney Dodgen was their best player. What is the nominating process for all-district teams and MVP? Can you have co-MVP's in a district? Who were all the players that made All-District 2AA this season? I heard that Dodgen wasn't even a choice for MVP this season. I believe the fact that she did not start in several games hurt her chances. Bowman did start every game this season. Why was there was a delay in reporting these teams this year?

According to what I have heard is that Kendra Newman barely made the honorable mention all-district team this season. I also heard that Chuckey-Doak's Heather Bowman was this year's MVP in District 2AA. Congratulations Heather Bowman. She was one of the top players I watched this season. However, Pigeon Forge did go 16-0 this season. Did this factor into the decision? Without question Whitney Dodgen was their best player. What is the nominating process for all-district teams and MVP? Can you have co-MVP's in a district? Who were all the players that made All-District 2AA this season? I heard that Dodgen wasn't even a choice for MVP this season. I believe the fact that she did not start in several games hurt her chances. Bowman did start every game this season.  Why was there was a delay in reporting these teams this year?

825575721[/snapback]

Just curious, mrv1, who are you?

How do you know who made (or didn't make) All District & MVP when it hasn't even been released to the press yet?

If what you are reporting is correct, it would be hard to believe that Nora Ramsey (PF) did not make the MVP in District 2AA. By the way, Congrats to Nora for being the PrepXtra winner last week. Kendra is a nominee this week! thumb

Whether our rivals want to admit it or not...Pigeon Forge is the #1 team. I don't know why our girls get talked down so much on here, they tied for 1st place two years ago, placed 2nd last year and went undefeated this season! Is it just jealousy or what? Also, NO ONE from our team talks down about other players. Just like Whitney's article in the Knoxville News Sentinel..."We get NO RESPECT" :o

According to what I have heard is that Kendra Newman barely made the honorable mention all-district team this season.

825575721[/snapback]

It amazes me how people will hide behind a screen name a say anything.

You can keep the all district awards, it's all political anyway, just give us the District banner. :o

:)

Edited by jgarrison

How do you know who made (or didn't make) All District & MVP when it hasn't even been released to the press yet?

If what you are reporting is correct, it would be hard to believe that Nora Ramsey (PF) did not make the MVP in District 2AA.  By the way, Congrats to Nora for being the PrepXtra winner last week.  Kendra is a nominee this week!  thumb

Whether our rivals want to admit it or not...Pigeon Forge is the #1 team.  I don't know why our girls get talked down so much on here, they tied for 1st place two years ago, placed 2nd last year and went undefeated this season!  Is it just jealousy or what?  Also, NO ONE from our team talks down about other players.  Just like Whitney's article in the Knoxville News Sentinel..."We get NO RESPECT" :o

825575807[/snapback]

Don't worry to much ladytigersmom, it sounds like someone is just worried about the district tournaments coming up. Just take care of business on your end and it will all come out in the wash.

I think Pigeon Forge is the only team that can play with District 1.

The only way for the them to know if Heather Bowman was District MVP, is to either be a coach, teammate, or Heather Bowman. Those are the only ways they could know. If the person who wrote that is not one of those people, then it is pure speculation. I have a hard time believing that she got MVP. She's a good player, don't get me wrong, but she wasn't one of the top 5 best players in the district. I can bet you that.

If what you are reporting is correct, it would be hard to believe that Nora Ramsey (PF) did not make the MVP in District 2AA.  By the way, Congrats to Nora for being the PrepXtra winner last week.  Kendra is a nominee this week!  thumb

Whether our rivals want to admit it or not...Pigeon Forge is the #1 team.  I don't know why our girls get talked down so much on here, they tied for 1st place two years ago, placed 2nd last year and went undefeated this season!  Is it just jealousy or what?  Also, NO ONE from our team talks down about other players.  Just like Whitney's article in the Knoxville News Sentinel..."We get NO RESPECT" :P

825575807[/snapback]

Being the only media member present at the meeting, I sure haven't released the team yet.

mrv1, which coach told you or which coach are you?

Congrats Lady Tigers. Only problem is who else can you beat outside your weak district. Is there anyone else that can stop them before they get to state. In the past PF has stumbled in the past. If they don't win it all this year with all that talent then it will never happen for them (sorry the truth hurts). Good luck on your quest for the GOLD BALL!!! :lol:

Congrats Lady Tigers.  Only problem is who else can you beat outside your weak district.  Is there anyone else that can stop them before they get to state.  In the past PF has stumbled in the past.  If they don't win it all this year with all that talent then it will never happen for them (sorry the truth hurts).  Good luck on your quest for the GOLD BALL!!! :lol:

825576851[/snapback]

How can you say a school that has been playing Varsity ball for 5 years has stumbled. They are growing and each year they are getting better. They have 2 other teams in their district that can play with anyone in east tenn. That is Chuckey Doak & South Greene (with the twins Playing).

District 3 has nobody except AE and Seymour when they are playing well.

District 4 has nobody except OS and Anderson County on their good night.

District 1 has Elizabethton, Unicoi and Sullivan Central.

Now with all these great school programs in this area I think Pigeon Forge is doing okay for such a young school. "Rome wasn't built in a day"

Edited by jgarrison

Being the only media member present at the meeting, I sure haven't released the team yet.

mrv1, which coach told you or which coach are you?

825576507[/snapback]

I don't think he (mrv1) knows what he's talking about. I find it hard to believe that Kendra didn't make All-District team. She has made it every year since her freshman year. I also find it hard to believe that Nora wouldn't make MVP. Why wouldn't the coaches vote for a player from the #1 team who went undefeated in the district? I think Bowman is good, but not the best. Of course, I realize some of the coaches in our district don't like our girls too well. One coach even told one of her players to "take a girl (Kendra) out" last year...which she did. :lol:

Edited by LadyTigersMom