10AA

duckhead85

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the way I see it is that Harpeth and Cheatham will be the top two teams in the district. Sycamore will be tough as well next season. I'm not really sure what Creekwood, Waverly, Central, or Stewart Co. has coming back. I know that Waverly loses the core of their lineup.

Cheatham returns 5 players who have had alot of playing time this season. So really at this point, it's a tossup as to who the toughest team will be.

It's hard to say so early, but Harpeth has played and won several games without RD this season. Their starters could be: Cody Davis, Scott Erland, Scott Newton, Chase Baker or Alex Vincent and Kevin Giltner. That lineup is a little bigger than what they have this year and they can all shoot outside as well. This is a little premature, but look for Trey Carruthers to make an impact on this team as a freshman next year as well.

I wouldn't say that Harpeth wouldn't miss RD or Ross, but they have guys ready to step up and take care of those minutes next year and the scoring should be fairly well balanced. Who picked them to finish second this season? Nobody..........

The potential Harpeth lineup next year could have five starters over 6' 3". Davis, Erland, Newton, Giltner, Baker, Vincent are all this height now and a couple of them are still growing. They have all had a lot of playing time this year and the loss of Collins will have a greater impact than RD. That sound crazy but if you watch the team, Collins does all of the little things like taking charges, loose balls, great defense and rebounding. Ross Collins deserves the award for the least appreciated player in the district this year.

By what harpfan57 said, I think Harpeth will be teh best overall team next year, but like always it's how is hot on that night. Should be very interesting.

As a fan of Waverly they have some sophmores (juniors next year) who are very talented, as well as some juniors who can easily step up and play very well. Good luck to everyone next year.