District 6-AAA Tournament Talk

InDepthInsider

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An upset could be in the making.  Ooltewah lost two close games to Brainerd with Corey Sanders.  The paper this morning said that Corey Sanders is out through the Region tournament.

Without Corey Brainerd will likely be in trouble against Ooltewah.  If they every had a chance, OHS has one now.  They can make a statement and win the district.  This will be a good position to be in, because they will end up playing the fourth seed from 5AAA.

Brainerd will still be dangerous with Talley who can really score in streaks, if he gets off then it will be good news for Brainerd.  The game is at Brainerd, which is also to their advantage.

825580864[/snapback]

Ooltewah played Brainerd close both times they had Corey Sanders and probably should have won one of those times. I think that Brainerd could be in trouble without Corey Sanders. They are really going to have to be knocking down their shots. I don't think playing at Brainerd is that much of a homecourt advantage. Ooltewah already played a better game there early, and from a fans point of view if you were at the Soddy-Brainerd game last night, The Soddy fans were 10x Louder than the Brainerd fans.

Just like I said in Grads Class AAA Region 3 post on how I thought the Region would line up.

1. Ooltewah

2. Brainerd

3. Red Bank

4. Soddy Daisy

I concur about Ooltewah playing sloppily last night in the 2nd half. Red Bank pressed well, but there were still so many turnovers that shouldn't have happened. Why can't we develop a game plan to just dump the ball down in the post to Curtis or Courtney and either get the high pct shot or a trip to the FT line? They are both good shooters and if we could take that strategy, we could end up winning the games we should.

What did Sanders do to be suspended? Can anyone say?

It is sad that something like that happened that will effect the outcome of the game. I think it does certainly help Ooltewah's chances. Sanders was Brainerd's leading scorer both games, the last one he had 24. Brainerd has a lot of talent, but taking Sanders out definitely changes things. I imagine Baker will use a box and one on Talley and not give him any wide open looks all night. Regardless, it will be an exciting finish to an exciting season for this District, plan on getting there early to get a seat.

That's too bad.

An Ooltewah-Soddy championship would be interesting, but I'm glad Ooltewah has to go through Brainerd, it's the only way to avenge their previous losses (note: If Sanders was playing, I might not be so sure about wanting to play Brainerd)

Also, did anyone else see my boy Brandon Brown on the cover of the Times Free-Press?

Also, why aren't more people posting? This is the postseason, the time to get pumped up for every game.

BallaBush, Soddy Daisy should have won that basketball game. I know that Ooltewah wanted to play Brainerd though. They want to avenge the losses that Brainerd gave them earlier in the year, and I know for a fact that every player for Ooltewah wishes that Corey Sanders were playing so there are no excuses if Ooltewah does beat them without him. I think for the games sake it would have been better if Ooltewah and Soddy were finals together cause it would be a bigger crowd and better atmosphere.

Edited by Fanatic15

That's too bad.

An Ooltewah-Soddy championship would be interesting, but I'm glad Ooltewah has to go through Brainerd, it's the only way to avenge their previous losses (note: If Sanders was playing, I might not be so sure about wanting to play Brainerd)

Also, did anyone else see my boy Brandon Brown on the cover of the Times Free-Press?

Also, why aren't more people posting? This is the postseason, the time to get pumped up for every game.

825581941[/snapback]

Personally I do not think that Ooltewah wants to play Soddy Daisy again. You know what they say, "It's Hard to beat a good team three times." And I think that Ooltewah is lucky they are not meeting Soddy Daisy again because I think Soddy would have a great chance, where as I feel Ooltewah has a better chance against a Sanderless Brainerd.

Thursdays Tournament Schedule-

Girls Consolation - Central vs. Red Bank 4:00

Boys Consolation - Soddy Daisy vs. Red Bank 5:30

Girls Championship - Brainerd vs. Ooltewah 7:00

Boys Championship - Brainerd vs. Ooltewah 8:30

Games may be delayed due to other games running over their times.

What does everyone think about the last day of District Tournaments? ...Consolations and Championship games?

I just wanted to say good games to all last night. Both boys games where very competitive. The lions let the Owls get too far out to make a successful comeback, but I was proud of the way they fought back.

The Brainerd/SD game was a barnburner. The refs must have it in for the Trojans as they got it stuck to them several times. The technical was just a retaliation for some of the fans expressing their disgust with some of the horrible calls the Trojans got. I don't ever remember the officiating being as bad as it has been this year. Soddy was throwing the ball in on an inbounds pass twice and Brainerd's man crashed into Soddy's man both times from behind and the refs called fouls on Soddy. It was horrible. The refs this year have promoted the fans vocal displeasure with pitiful displays of "officiating", then look for someone to call a technical on or to throw out of the gym. I wish something could be done in this area. The players and coaches do well to put up with the poor quality officiating in Chattanooga.

I was talking to josh mcalpin today(had the technical called on him in OT) and he said after the game he was walking out to his car and the ref that called the 'T' approched him and told him that "Y'all (SD Players) should be ashamed of the way yall act when yall are on the floor and how you talk back to us". From what i could tell the brainerd players were the only ones complaining about the calls. Coach shumate told the trojans after last fridays game with brainerd not to even look at the officials if they make a call. And what was up with Emanuel Talley getting ejected from the game, but no tech's called????? I just don't understand why these officials are so horrible. Soddy played there hearts out and deserved to win the game and the officials took it away from them.

On another note for the game thursday, i believe ooltewah will beat brainerd by more than 8, and i don't know if soddy will be emotionally prepared to play again, today at school all the players were pretty bummed about the game, i hope they can pull it together.

Go Trojans!!

Personally I do not think that Ooltewah wants to play Soddy Daisy again. You know what they say, "It's Hard to beat a good team three times." And I think that Ooltewah is lucky they are not meeting Soddy Daisy again because I think Soddy would have a great chance, where as I feel Ooltewah has a better chance against a Sanderless Brainerd.

825582031[/snapback]

The key here in that often quoted line is "good" team. I think Soddy is a decent team, but not a good team. They have their moments, but the couple of times I saw them play, they were simply awful.

I was talking to josh mcalpin today(had the technical called on him in OT) and he said after the game he was walking out to his car and the ref that called the 'T' approched him and told him that "Y'all (SD Players) should be ashamed of the way yall act when yall are on the floor and how you talk back to us". From what i could tell the brainerd players were the only ones complaining about the calls. Coach shumate told the trojans after last fridays game with brainerd not to even look at the officials if they make a call. And what was up with Emanuel Talley getting ejected from the game, but no tech's called????? I just don't understand why these officials are so horrible. Soddy played there hearts out and deserved to win the game and the officials took it away from them.

On another note for the game thursday, i believe ooltewah will beat brainerd by more than 8, and i don't know if soddy will be emotionally prepared to play again, today at school all the players were pretty bummed about the game, i hope they can pull it together.

Go Trojans!!

825582134[/snapback]

If Talley was ejected does that mean that he is inelible for two games?