9AA.... What's gonna happen?

dudumonaghan

I have a clue and let me tell you one thing.  I attended Giles County High for 4 years and I followed the basketball program very closely after that.  I can't remember another team besides Marshall County ever going to a sub-state game.  Loretto came close a couple of years, but that is it.  Giles County will continue to dominate this district in the years to come.  I hear they have some outstanding freshman ready to play next year.  There were great teams well before Tyler Smith and there will be great teams after him.  You need to get a clue and be grateful that Giles County doesn't score 100 pts. every night they step on the court.

As far as Holt rubbing some teams the wrong way...who cares.  You have to give your starters playing time.  You can't sit them down when you get a 25 pt. lead in the 2nd quarter.  Also...what are these upset teams going to do about it...they couldn't beat Giles County if their lives depended on it.  I will spout my mouth off all I want...you are just like all of those teams....upset and can't do anything about it.

825581826[/snapback]

actually page made it to a substate game a few years back

as for holt leaving his players in late in the game when they have a big lead is gator was not talking about in the 2nd quarter he is talking about in the 4th quarter when they are up by 40 or 50.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles will continue to be a good basketball program even after Tyler and Channing are gone, im not saying they will dominate like they have the past 4 years, but they have freshmen with plenty of talent. As for Coach Holt rubbing teams the wrong way, i mean honestly if your down by 40 does it really matter if Tyler and Channing are still in? Im not trying to start anything but who cares?

Giles will continue to be a good basketball program even after Tyler and Channing are gone, im not saying they will dominate like they have the past 4 years, but they have freshmen with plenty of talent. As for Coach Holt rubbing teams the wrong way, i mean honestly if your down by 40 does it really matter if Tyler and Channing are still in? Im not trying to start anything but who cares?

825582497[/snapback]

hahaha yea you're right it doesn't matter if your two stars are in when you are up by 40+, it just shows GCO's class.

Edited by CHSCougars

As far as Holt rubbing some teams the wrong way...who cares. You have to give your starters playing time. You can't sit them down when you get a 25 pt. lead in the 2nd quarter. Also...what are these upset teams going to do about it...they couldn't beat Giles County if their lives depended on it. I will spout my mouth off all I want...you are just like all of those teams....upset and can't do anything about it.

GCfan79,

My previous post was regarding leaving star players in the game during the 4th quarter, not the 2nd. And come on, every person who has a little sense knows that if you are up by 40 in the fourth to take their stars out. What if some freshman on the other team undercuts one of your stars and they are out for the season? You would probably be the first one calling for the coach's head for leaving them in. I agree GC is a competitive team year in and year out. As I recall they went to state in the mid 90's with guys like Randolph, Marks, and Coleman. However, after that group left, GC was getting beat by Marshall, Lewis, Spring Hill, etc... during the late 90's. I'm not taking anything away from their program, I'm just pointing out the fact that you should be grateful for the success instead of bashing other teams in your district. As shown in the past, success can be taken away as quickly as it arrived. Good luck to Giles and the rest of 9AA in the regionals, but seriously you are not making GC look like a better team by bashing the other teams in your district.

When your average margin of victory for a district game is 40+ points, there's a problem. That's not an exaggeration either. I don't know what it is this year, but last year it was about forty points. I'm not sorry if that offends you or anyone else, because that's demoralizing to the other teams too.... I mean think about teams like Lewis County who would be representing us in 9AA, but never are even considered because of GCHS. To me, that's not bashing; and if it is then I guess the truth just hurts sometimes. :ph34r:

Guest catfish-hunter
Page and Lewis County tonight.... whatta ya think

825584289[/snapback]

Lewis County wins!!! They will play the winner of tomorrow night's Cheatham-Sycamore game in the regional opener. Page will beat Loretto and play the loser of the district title game between Harpeth and Waverly, while Loretto will play the winner of that particular game. Giles County will play the loser of the Cheatham-Sycamore game, which in either case SHOULD be a good test for the Bobcats to start out the regional tourney.

I think Lewis County will win by around 15... That is a big gamble but they will do it because they are playing pretty good ball.... I'm thinking Lewis will play Cheatham County.... and Giles will play Sycamore.... Page has been down in the latter part of the season and i don't see them doing any damage, Lewis County can win in the region, but it will take a pretty decent game... Good luck to all teams, and to the Panthers from Lewis County tonight.

Guest catfish-hunter
I think Lewis County will win by around 15... That is a big gamble but they will do it because they are playing pretty good ball.... I'm thinking Lewis will play Cheatham County.... and Giles will play Sycamore.... Page has been down in the latter part of the season and i don't see them doing any damage, Lewis County can win in the region, but it will take a pretty decent game... Good luck to all teams, and to the Panthers from Lewis County tonight.

825584309[/snapback]

Here is the way I really see next weeks Regional bracket looking:

1.) Giles County (9AA)

4.) Cheatham County (10AA)

2.) Harpeth (10AA)

3.) Page (9AA)

2.) Lewis County (9AA)

3.) Sycamore (10AA)

1.) Waverly Central (10AA)

4.) Loretto (9AA)

Page is not nearly as good as their record and Harpeth is better than a .500 basketball team. I think that Harpeth's coaching would lead them to a 10-15 point win over the Patriots in Franklin.

Cheatham County's Noel Smith is a scoring machine, but Giles County simply has too much talent for the Cubs to handle. I'd see this game ending up like the regional semifinal game started last year. Giles County wins by 20+.

Waverly proved to me last night that their record is as good as their basketball team really is. Loretto would not even be here had Marshall County's players not quit. In a suprise, Waverly will win the regional opener by the largest margain of any team in the entire tourney.

Lewis County and Sycamore would without question be the most highly competitive game in the first round. Both teams began the season terrible but they have both came along nicely down the stretch. Sycamore took a step back last night, but beating Cheatham tomorrow night would rid of that old wound really quickly. Being loyal to my War Eagles, I'd take them to win by less than 5 over a game Panthers bunch.