Lake Co Win District Championship

mrbigster

Lake Co and Halls played before a huge crowd and both teams didn't dissappoint...Both teams played hard and Halls held the halftime lead at 37 -30..And I thought Lake Co actually played and shot the ball fairly well...The start of the 3rd quarter,Lake Co came storming back and took the lead and it went back and forth..Lake Co eventually took a 5 point lead in the 4th quarter only to see Halls close to within 1 with about 3 minutes to go in the game but Demarcus Patrick picked up his 5th foul and Lake Co hit two free throws and ended up stretching the lead to about 9 0r 10 with a minute and 15 seconds left..Halls elected not to foul and Lake Co basically ran out the clock and won 65-56...I thought all of Halls'players played a great game,especially Demarcus Patrick and Tates...They were lighting it up...Tony Tyler had a great game for Lake Co..He can drive at will and dish it off or shoot for an easy basket..Plus he hit several big shots from outside...But I thought Jamar Mays was the difference tonight..Jamar hit some long range three's to bring us back and played a great overall game..Lake Co could have put this game away a little earlier but missed a lot of free throws..There's not to many Single A teams that would have beaten either of these teams tonight..In the first game Middle College won over a shorthanded Peabody team 63-59..Trenton played without Doakes ,who was on the bench in street clothes,who is serving a two game suspension..Also missing was Partee,a 6'7 Peabody player that was involved in an altercation with some Lake Co fans after the Lake Co-Peabody game Thursday night..Rumor floating around the game tonight was that he was kicked off the team,but maybe someone from Trenton knows more about that.

Edited by mrbigster

Congrats mr. big, who won the consolation game between Trenton and Middle?

825574591[/snapback]

Middle won but Trenton played really hard and well to be shorthanded..Not only did Doakes not play,he was on the bench..but noticeably absent from the team was Partee...He was not in the game or on the bench..Rumor floating around tonight was that he was dismissed from the Trenton team..Middle won 63-59

Any word as to why (Partee)?

That would be another huge blow to Trenton. I thought they'd have a tough enough time beating Greenfield without Doaks, but with Partee possibly gone, they will really have to play well to win. But, it is possible - as is anything come tourney time.

Speaking of which, you just can't ever count Halls out, can you?

Any word as to why (Partee)?

That would be another huge blow to Trenton.  I thought they'd have a tough enough time beating Greenfield without Doaks, but with Partee possibly gone, they will really have to play well to win.  But, it is possible - as is anything come tourney time.

Speaking of which, you just can't ever count Halls out, can you?

825574620[/snapback]

After winning handily over Halls the first two times we played them..Halls looked very good against Middle College Thursday night and also against Lake Co tonight..I'm glad we didn't come out flat tonight..We had to really play to win tonight..It was a great game...As for Partee..a few Lake Co fans got into it with him Thursday night and he had to be restrained from 3 or 4 Trenton players and 3 police officers from going into the stands..He did take a swing at someone reportedly and luckily he didn't make it into the stands..It would have been ugly..Lake Co was blowing by him the other night and Cisco benched him for about 3 quarters..So he was already mad..And Cisco had to holler at him twice the other night after the game to get off the bench and shake hands..Anyway..I heard two stories tonight....One was that Cisco told him to get on the bus the other night and he refused and the other was because of his antics in trying to go in the stands and fight..Plus ,he had already been suspended this year..Maybe someone from Trenton can shed more light..But you are right...I have not heard who won the other district..but I would seem to think both Dresden and Greenfield will have a great chance to beat Trenton without Doakes..Without Partee also..I really like both their chances..It looks like Halls will be in the bracket with the Trenton-Greenfield-Dresden winner ,along with South Fulton..while Lake Co will play Gleason and a win there ,probably against Middle College ..

Partee will play against Greenfield but he will not be a factor because he will make one mistake and his deranged coach will take him out of the game. Cisco suspended him for the MC game. After the way Cisco acted in the LC game and throughout the season, I wonder who will suspend him. He is an embarrasment to the city of Trenton. No one can dispute this fact. NO ONE . I am a former player for Peabody and when I played for him I could not concentrate or enjoy the game because puts so much non-sense pressure on you while your'e out there. Believe me if Trenton had better leadership, they would not continue to under achieve. By the way, did Cisco put in an application for Obion Central ? If he gets this position, there will be a huge street party in T-town. Roll Tide.

Edited by mr.giggliefly33