District 7 AAA Tournament

timbdp

I don't understand what Oakland and their coach got out of running up the score on Lebanon.  My first thought is to say, "I just hope someone does the same thing to you in the very near future."  But that would be doing the same thing to Oakland's young ladies as they did to the Devilettes, and the blame falls squarely on the coach, not the players. 

So how do you still fault the Oakland girls for playing their best?  There is not a certain amount of points that you can beat a team by and make everyone happy.  In the girls' minds I'm sure that their intentions were not to embarrass but play their hearts out.  If you're going to be mad at someone the only person you can be mad at is the coach.

I appreciate what you have to say and as you can see above, I also agree. I would expect any player in any game to give 100% effort 100% of the time. I would be dissappointed in any player that took it upon themselves to do anything other than what the coach instructed them to do. As you can see from my own quote above (the top quote), I place the blame entirely on the coach. I can't understand from your quote (the second quote) where you got the idea I was suggesting otherwise.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jennifer Grandstaff is one of the finest individuals and coaches that I have ever had the pleasure to know. In no shape, form , or fashion would she ever do anything unethical or cruel esp to another coach or team.

You have a lot of nerve talking about running up a score or calling Coach G out like this ...esp after your LEBANON FOOTBALL COACH beat Coffee County in the playoffs by running up the score to 70 POINTS.....we are not talking about a basketball score where 70 pts could be obtained.....we are talking FOOTBALL where 70 points is NEAR impossible to get esp in the play-offs.

Now you just keep on BEATING this dead horse and I will call animal cruelty on you. ....and I will pull some more rabbits out of my hat.And let me warn you.....my HAT is real deep......real real deep!

825588144[/snapback]

First of all, all I was doing was defending an earlier post I had made. I was not, and had no intention of, beating a dead horse. Secondly, what happened between Lebanon and Coffee Co. in football has nothing to do with me or my previous post. This is not a football board nor does it have any significance to what I was saying. Thirdly, I don't doubt for a minute that Coach Grandstaff is a fine person, but that does not qualify or justify what happened in the Oakland-Lebanon girls basketball game. AND finally, I'm glad you have a deep....... real real deep hat, 2senseless, because I'm sure you need it for that big.........real real big head.

Edited by dawbsitw

Oh bitterboy..........once again your wit has just cut me to the quick. Where DO you come up with such biting remarks......( please note the dripping sarcasm!)

How about you show me some final scores for each of Lebanon's games this season......I think you will see that some of the other scores are pretty bad....Also heard that your frosh team got beaten by MJ ...they scored 100 pts on them and I am not sure Lebanon got to double digits. So where is your "dogging" of that coach??It was so bad in fact, that they DISSOLVED the LHS frosh team. Hmm...again where are your posts carrying on about that one?

There could sure be a few posts "talking" about your coach ,you know, and why she can't seem to get some kids out. But I won't go there. No need in slamming your team or your coach. I respect them for their struggles and will support them.I hope their off -season is productive.

No, all this boils down to is OAKLAND ENVY.

And you got it BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!

825588560[/snapback]

I appreciate the compliment about my sense of humor. I even make myself laugh.

I don't know about Lebanon's freshmen team because for the nth time, I'm not a Lebanon person, I'm a basketball person. As for the significance of Lebanon's scores, I assume you mean if someone beats a team by 50, it's okay for you to do it. Surely that is some more of your 'dripping sarcasm'.

Hey, your a funny guy, too. I got really tickled when you said "Lebanon's freshmen team got 100 dropped on them", "dropped the freshmen program", "why she can't seem to get kids out" and then turned around and said such nonsense, or should I say senseless things like "No need in slamming your team or your coach. I respect them for their struggles and will support them." You are truly a walking contradiction.

Why don't you reach into that deep hat of yours and pull out an explanation?

As your "Oakland Envy" comment, nope, wrong again. I call it Oakland respect. I respect Randy King and his program as I do Kevin Bray and Cookeville's program. I think Burks and Turnham have both done tremendous jobs at Riverdale and Blackman, respectively. I like the job Doug Keil has done taking over for the highly successful Randall Hutto at Lebanon. White Co.'s loses Bruce Slatten and Eric Mitchell leads the Warriors to their first winning season since 2000. I have respect, not envy.

Now I think it may be time to get this one back on topic. I apologize to the folk that had to suffer thru this lil tirade.

Does anyone have a list of the All-Tourney or the All-District? I know that Lanning got the 7AAA Player of the yr voted on by the coaches. Congrats to her.....only a soph too. I guess we will enjoy her playing for 2 more yrs.

825588746[/snapback]

You're right , these "little tirades" are about ridiculous. How bout everyone stick to the topics at hand and quit acting like you're in Jr. High? :blink:

hahahaha...maybe they can give us a thread to go to called the Jr Hi forum where we can go and scrap and get our frustrations out, then come back and talk  maturely about the game?  What do you bet that some folk may never make it off that board? 

BTW......lhsbdbb01....you are not entirely innocent of getting off topic yourself. Seems like I remember a "tirade" of yours on the football forum about your  former baseball coach that frustrated the football folk. But you are forgiven. We all have our days , don't we?

Anyone know what radio stations in District 8 that may be carrying some of the games? If so, could you list where they might be on the dial? I hate the fact that all the games will be played the same time at different places.

I am not sure which game 1450 AM WGNS will carry on Monday night.

825589096[/snapback]

wgns is covering the riverdale game monday night

I appreciate what you have to say and as you can see above, I also agree.  I would expect any player in any game to give 100% effort 100% of the time.  I would be dissappointed in any player that took it upon themselves to do anything other than what the coach instructed them to do.  As you can see from my own quote above (the top quote), I place the blame entirely on the coach.  I can't understand from your quote (the second quote) where you got the idea I was suggesting otherwise.

825588039[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to point out your comments specifically. I have just been reading a lot a comments regarding Oakland's blowout, and was just trying to cover all angles. Sorry if it seemed if i was pointing you out eh.