best hitting team in 9-AAA

smyrnafan989

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mount Juliet year in and year out has the best lineup top to bottom. Kyle Hicks and Evan Webb are good hitters for Wilson Central. White House has the two Sullins twins who can mash. Smyrna has a very good hitter in Mooney. Beech has Eric Sampson and Zac Hendren. Hendersonville has a transfer named Stick Sinyard- anybody with that name is bound to hit. Gallatin has one of the top juniors in the state - Bo Cook. If I had to pick the best hitter in the district it would probably be COOK (gallatin) or SHAO (MJ).

No one has more big hits to win games or hits the ball harder day in and day out than Ryan Hill of MJ would rather have him at the plate with the game on the line that Shao any day, just ask Beech from last years district tournament. He is the scariest hitter in 9AAA. Mooney can swing it for Smyrna. Heard one of the Sullins boys quit at White House. Hendren will be a threat for Beech as well as Matt Lyle. Cook can leave the yard at any time for Gallatin as can LaVergne's outfielder Willie. Hendersonville doesn't have anyone that scares you but they have 1-9 that can get a clutch hit at any time, something in Old Hickory Lake water I guess. Hicks is a solid hitter for Wilson Central but will they have anyone to protect him?

Both Sullins are playing for WH.  One of them does have a shoulder injury however.  He is able to hit though.  Their SS was the one that quit.  He signed a football scholarship.

825575977[/snapback]

I know the Sullins Boys are pitchers right? I dont know too much about them. I transferred to Smyrna last year and had to sit out. Got any stats on them?

I know the Sullins Boys are pitchers right? I dont know too much about them. I transferred to Smyrna last year and had to sit out. Got any stats on them?

825575996[/snapback]

One of them pitches. They play 3b and 1b. I think their first names are Cody and Corey. Im not sure which one pitches. They are twins, so I get them mixed up. They are 2 real good kids and players.

I saw Smyrna play last year in West TN and if they aren't any better than what they were last year, they might as well quit.  They struggled hitting against mediorce  pitching and i heard they had a bunch of seniors.  How are they going to be any better?

825576646[/snapback]

ROFL. Ok bud, 1st Off name where you saw us play last year in West TN cuz we dont really travel over there. We play in tournaments here. 2nd....nevermind second don't want to get the post reported. thanks.

Edited by SHSBaseball905

saw you play in the courier classic at Savannah and saw you play in Lexington.  IS that specific enough for you?  Were you even on the Smyrna team last year to make that trip?

825577747[/snapback]

Yea, I asked someone today about it. And you are correct about Savannah. No i was not on the trip b/c of transfer. But fromw hat I heard, you are correct about pretty bad hitting last year. The guys said they hit pretty bad last yera in that tournament, especially in comparison to years past where they did pretty well in that same tournament. But none theless still only lost the games down there by a run or two at the most. But back on point, This year should be a turn around season for us at Smyrna. We just have a lot to prove to a lot of people because of the last few years. The team had a very good summer both Offensively and Defensively. I look to produce a lot more runs this year than in years past.

9AAA FEATURES TEAMS THAT EACH HAVE ITS SHARE OF STICKS. OBVIOUSLY, MT JULIET WOULD BE TOPS. I THINK BEECH, SMYRNA, HENDERSONVILLE, AND WHITE HOUSE ARE ALL SIMILAR IN THEIR OFFENSIVE POTENTIAL. WILSON CENTRAL STROKED IT AGAINST US IN THE FALL. LAVERGNE ALWAYS SEEMS TO SCORE 6 OR 7 RUNS AT LEAST AGAINST US. AT GALLATIN, WE HAVE BO COOK. EVERYTHING ELSE IS PRETTY MUCH A TOSS UP IN OUR LINEUP.