Can Forrest win the district?

distict11a

You are right, but when the numbers are inflated from the blow out losses that Forrest had early on in the year, it's easy for a guy to score 20 points when the other team has the game sewed up, has put in their freshmen, and don't care if Forrest scored or not.

825581491[/snapback]

Now that is funny! Shut up and give the boy the credit he deserves. He is averaging more in district play than he is elsewhere. That statement is ridiculous. I understand everyone has their opinions but don't try to take away from what he has done on the court by making a stupid excuse! If you think someone else is better fine. Argue why they are better but don't hate the player, hate the game!!

Good luck Chapel Hill on Friday night.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Fresh is saying that one player is doing all the work, everyone knows it takes a team effort to be good and there are a lot of great yound players for Forrest. Fresh is just giving a "shout out" to a great player.

You can take it how you want but the kid is a true baller. Not only is he top in the District but if you will check you will see that only one 16 year old Singe A player in the State has a higher average for the year. The kid is about to break the school record for Forrest with his average (and as a Sophmore no less).

Say what you want but you can't take that from him!

I don't think Fresh is saying that one player is doing all the work, everyone knows it takes a team effort to be good and there are a lot of great yound players for Forrest. Fresh is just giving a "shout out" to a great player.

You can take it how you want but the kid is a true baller. Not only is he top in the District but if you will check you will see that only one 16 year old Singe A player in the State has a higher average for the year. The kid is about to break the school record for Forrest with his average (and as a Sophmore no less).

Say what you want but you can't take that from him!

825581610[/snapback]

Well, Gee and for doing that he will win.......WHAT?! NOTHING that's what! Great players are measured by what they do for their teams not for themselves. Is Shankle a very good player, yes, but so is Ezell, Minor, Byrd.....etc. That whole team is good and not just one player. The other night at Motlow, Byrd came out smoking and playing very well. It will take a whole team effort to beat Cascade Friday night, that team is also playing well. Cascade plays well at what it does, ball control, defending, etc. This should be another very good game.

This converstaion is stupid and yes all of the boys are good. Byrd is a very big part of what has happened this year. It's about the team anyway so i guess I should've never said he was the best. That is my opinion and my opinion has alot of logic behind it, everyone has to admit that!

You are right good players do things for their team, and his team is in first place and in the championship game in the tourney. I guess that's not good enough for you though..

That's all I have to say on this subject, it's a team sport and I guess everyone should get the same credit no matter how dedicated or how much work you have put into being the player that you are.???..

Well lets see were to start.....This is my opinion Shankle is the best in the district he is a team player and his stats are good. Give the guy the credit he has busted his butt for since he was in jr pro. And everyone is saying it is a team effort of course it is, but Shankle steps it up and so does Byrd but this is Shankles first year to actually have a starting position and he is stepping up greatly and by doing that he has earned a good starting position. I know that both teams have a very equal chance at this game friday and I wish both teams the best of luck.

If I recall someone said something about the first time Forrest played Cascade about some people getting hurt and so forth and a freshmen coming in... that is what the bench is for. the starters cant be in the whole time. What is the excuse for Forrest beating Cascade on thier homecoming.

Goodluck to both teams.........Keep stepping it up Byrd and Shankle and bring the others guys with you.