upcoming state champions?

frankie160

MBA loses only two starters and will have a very experienced team next year. John Michael Simpson will be capable of winning two championships. Several of MBA's current juniors should also surprise people next year. Aaron Bateman of Father Ryan should be a repeat. The Young twins of McCallie and Manson of Baylor should most defnitely be up for championships next year. Most of the teams competing this year in DII were young, and next year's grapplers as a whole should be tremendously experienced. Can't wait 'til next season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Wynn place this year? He will definatly be a force to be dealt with next year. Lok for CBHS to be a better team next year with the young guys getting experience this year and Dede coming back.

825577096[/snapback]

Yeah Taylor finally got that monkey off his back this year. The brackets changed from what is on the TSSAA site and he had to wrestle Joe Young of McCallie his first match (occured in the second round as he got a bye). It was a good match with Taylor losing by 2. He had a one point lead with about 30 seconds left when he gave up an escape and a takedown and was unable to work for a reversal against Young. It was a great match, but it took Taylor a while to figure out how to wrestle with Young.

He then went on to pin Phillip Jackson and tech Kulisek of ND to put himself into the consolation finals. He then lost there to Patrick Bradley of MBA 5-1. It wasn't Taylor's best match at the end but he wrestled hard and now should receive a seed going into next years tournament.

he will make the finals again but joe young could pull an upset if they are in the same weight class

charles green should win 275 again

wheeler should win his weight class

and the two youngs and goss should repeat

in conclusion mccallie may be able to beat baylor next year with only 3 seniors leaving

baylor ofcourse is going to be good but i think mccallie will edge them next year

Fr is going have a hard time with the loss of whit and i think oddo

mba should beat them win again

if john micheal keeps improving like he did this summer he could win state

talon noman overton should win state next year

how many seniors is franklin losing

825576982[/snapback]

Manson will be untouchable next year, even more than he was this year. Joe better go another weight. Baylor is only losing three seniors and will be reloading very well. I predict another great year for Baylor because of the great starting lineup, but also the deep bench. Waddell will be back with a vengence; I would also get away from his weight. Whitaker could be a future four timer; he will continue to improve on his great freshman season. Ben Johnson will also continue to get better and build on his state championship season this year. He will also be unstoppable next year. Bell, Doster, Walker, Vaughn, and Hussein will all be back with something to prove. It looks to me like McCallie might be in for another "rebuilding year."

Yeah Taylor finally got that monkey off his back this year.  The brackets changed from what is on the TSSAA site and he had to wrestle Joe Young of McCallie his first match (occured in the second round as he got a bye).  It was a good match with Taylor losing by 2.  He had a one point lead with about 30 seconds left when he gave up an escape and a takedown and was unable to work for a reversal against Young.  It was a great match, but it took Taylor a while to figure out how to wrestle with Young.

He then went on to pin Phillip Jackson and tech Kulisek of ND to put himself into the consolation finals.  He then lost there to Patrick Bradley of MBA 5-1.  It wasn't Taylor's best match at the end but he wrestled hard and now should receive a seed going into next years tournament.

825577223[/snapback]

If the bracket had not changed how do you think Taylor would have faired?

Edited by DIIobserver

If the bracket had not changed how do you think Taylor would have faired?

825577371[/snapback]

Not sure if you created that SN just to ask that question since it is clearly a new one but I will indulge you anyway.

I think it would have come out about the same. One way or another Taylor wrestled much of the same competition we expected in order to get where he stood on Saturday night and we are all very proud of him. I had expected him to see the ND and MBA kids at some point along with Phillip Jackson again. To be honest the only real difference was which seeded wrestler he had to wrestle first and at least he was able to prove to himself and to others that he can wrestle with that level of competition.

Manson will be untouchable next year, even more than he was this year.  Joe better go another weight.  Baylor is only losing three seniors and will be reloading very well.  I predict another great year for Baylor because of the great starting lineup, but also the deep bench.  Waddell will be back with a vengence; I would also get away from his weight.  Whitaker could be a future four timer; he will continue to improve on his great freshman season.  Ben Johnson will also continue to get better and build on his state championship season this year.  He will also be unstoppable next year.  Bell, Doster, Walker, Vaughn, and Hussein will all be back with something to prove.  It looks to me like McCallie might be in for another "rebuilding year."

825577246[/snapback]

with 9 placers returning? they wont be rebuilding

with 9 placers returning? they wont be rebuilding

825577526[/snapback]

I believe redboy04 implied that is what McCallie will be claiming when Baylor claims another title. With 7 returning state champions and 10 returning medalists(would've been 11 if Bell wrestled), Baylor is undoubtedly the favorite looking ahead to next year in both division 1 and 2. I might look into hiring a new head coach if I was over at McCallie. The future just gets brighter and brighter for the big red coming off their 8th state title (5 traditional and 3 dual I think?) in 7 years. Where's a David Vance when you need one.