2006- possible A mr. basketball nominees

LoveIt

The strength of a teams defense in A and AA is very similar. There is no way you can say moving down from AA to A is going to vastly improve one players point totals. He is a great player and maybe him working hard and improving his game over the summer will improve his scoring totals next season, but the mere fact that his team is moving down to A does not correlate into a high PPG total. The defense played by the five guys on the floor is, all things considered, absolutely the same in A and AA. Its not like all of the sudden he will just shoot 15 layups a game for an easy 30 points.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The strength of a teams defense in A and AA is very similar. There is no way you can say moving down from AA to A is going to vastly improve one players point totals. He is a great player and maybe him working hard and improving his game over the summer will improve his scoring totals next season, but the mere fact that his team is moving down to A does not correlate into a high PPG total. The defense played by the five guys on the floor is, all things considered, absolutely the same in A and AA. Its not like all of the sudden he will just shoot 15 layups a game for an easy 30 points.

825579574[/snapback]

I dont see how you can say A teams play just as good of defense as AA. They dont have as many talented players as AA therefore its just not possible for their defense to be as good. It will improve Weddle's points some next year. NO he's not gonna score effortlessly but it will be alot easier than playing Bolivar or Raleigh-Egypt.

You guys are HILARIOUS!!! A Single A bias??? I have two of the Top 7 in the State from Class A ball... I have never said there is no talent in Class A, either, so thanks for falsely putting words in my mouth...

A Skogen bias?? I had Jake #14...why did I have him lower earlier in the year??? I hadn't SEEN him yet. Once I saw him, I abruptly moved him up... I have Seth Skogen already Top 15 in the State, if not higher...

A Temple bias??? Temple is the #1 team in my opinion in the State this year (that's not underrated), and even cheered for Temple against Ezell back a few years ago...

You guys are completely off, and frankly, it's getting mighty irritating...

Marquis Weddle from Union City has gotta be a frontrunner next year. He's averaging about 25 a game for one of the top AA teams in the state and the move down to single A should boost his stats some next year.

825577992[/snapback]

Agree 100%..Marquis will win A Mr. Basketball next year.....Actually he is the best A player now since UC has an enrollment in the A ranks anyway.....

You guys are HILARIOUS!!! A Single A bias??? I have two of the Top 7 in the State from Class A ball... I have never said there is no talent in Class A, either, so thanks for falsely putting words in my mouth...

A Skogen bias?? I had Jake #14...why did I have him lower earlier in the year??? I hadn't SEEN him yet. Once I saw him, I abruptly moved him up... I have Seth Skogen already Top 15 in the State, if not higher...

A Temple bias??? Temple is the #1 team in my opinion in the State this year (that's not underrated), and even cheered for Temple against Ezell back a few years ago...

825579618[/snapback]

Gomab,

When or where can we see these new rankings. What 2 single a players do you have in the top 7. Just like to know and see new rankings now that the regular season is finished. Thanks. :D

quote=gomab2,Feb 21 2005 - 09:13 PM]

Marquise Weddle will be a HEAVY favorite next year. Honestly, he is very close to being a AA finalist this year as a 25 ppg scorer for a 29-2 Union City team. Next year he could put up 30 ppg a game... It's scary to have a scorer like him at the Class A level...

825578015[/snapback]

31-2 My man....31-2 thumb

825579618[/snapback]

I think gomab needs a little defense about this subject so I'll give it to him- I think the biggest thing to understand is that while very good- these rankings are still gomab's OPINION- Jake was low until he SAW him play this is what gomab basis his rankings off of- and I do think his rankings will always be off to a certain extent because he CAN"T SEE EVERYONE PLAY so he catches caleb on a bad game in the state tourney and makes his opinion nothing wrong with that- HE ISN"T GOD AND CAN"T BE EVERYWHERE AT THE SAME TIME!!!- he has many informed opinins and some people think are off-

as far as jake being 14- that was probably incorrect only becasuse he was AP top 5 all classes but again- your opinion is respected....

I think gomab needs a little defense about this subject so I'll give it to him-  I think the biggest thing to understand is that while very good- these rankings are still gomab's OPINION- Jake was low until he SAW him play this is what gomab basis his rankings off of- and I do think his rankings will always be off to a certain extent because he CAN"T SEE EVERYONE PLAY  so he catches caleb on a bad game in the state tourney and makes his opinion nothing wrong with that-  HE ISN"T GOD AND CAN"T BE EVERYWHERE AT THE SAME TIME!!!- he has many informed opinins and some people think are off-

as far as jake being 14- that was probably incorrect only becasuse he was AP top 5 all classes but again- your opinion is respected....

825579884[/snapback]

yeah good post

Good Post Love it...

I pride myself on being VERY accurate and finding sleepers that others may have overlooked...

In that same class, I had Brian Fisk and Memphis' Josh Peppers way ahead of where anyone else had them... Now both are having GREAT Sophomore seasons!!! Both were very underrated statewide and nationally...

That being said, I am wrong as well. I missed Jake Skogen. I will be the first to admit that. Skogen is right there with Fisk and Peppers as three of TN's finest to be playing D-1 ball, and they're all just sophs... Skogen has already had an Outstanding career at Mercer... I definitely underrated him!!!