Art Vandley where are you

superfalconfan05

This is so funny reading this. SHWaxin Volunteer is a AA team for one and give some credit to Unaka for their title last year they had to play some single A schools from Nashville that wasn't to bad.Single A all that means is enrollment is small and if thats the case Brentwood would probably be A or AA. Waco you had your fun with the Volunteer football team and their lousy season and now its their turn to hammer DB, Art, and yourself about a lousy basketball season which really only resulted in a quality win over a mediocre Science Hill team and I compare that to their teams of the past. Just take your medicine like a good little boy like the falcon faithful have to take theirs during football. As for Volunteer next year they will win some game at the AAA level as will Sullivan Central. It will be a 2 horse race next year with SH and South and everybody else working for 3rd. Skunk as for them not playing over 1 kid is crazy. If Volunteer didn't play DB over a kid with all you have gotten from Hawkins County over the last 20 years they would have never played.

825580436[/snapback]

I dont know if I would call Science Hill a mediocre team. Even compared to the old teams. Keep in mind the 3 state champs at science hill all finished 37-5

If Science Hill can run the table in district, region, sub-state, and state they will finish at 37-5. Unaka could beat them, at Unaka. But they would lose at SH, and probably lose on a neutral floor. Plus you have to consider a multitude of variables including injury.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, and when a team wins state, they automatically get bragging rights till someone takes it away from them, because, to get to state, you have to win 5-6 games against quality teams, and you are clearly the best team in the state, because you have shown consistency in your wins....

825581499[/snapback]

So no matter what division, A, AA, AAA..win the state get bragging rights....OK. Then Unaka has to be the best team in the area they are the defending state champs. Nobody has taken that away yet. So the toppers are not the best by your own rule!

thumb

If that is the best South team you've seen play you obviously weren't watching basketball 5 or 6 years ago when McMeans and Pearcy were at South.......that team was 10 times the team this South bunch is.  Althought I didn't see the game live, I listened to it, and from what I heard South beat DB to every loose ball, played tough defense, made good passes, and hit their free throws. DB on the other hand, did none of those. The fact is neither of these teams are very good, and neither is Tennessee High. Science Hill is at times, but not all the time. If I had to guess, nobody from Region 1 will be represented in the State Tournament. DB was in a downward cycle the last few weeks. Lost at South, at Crockett, almost lost to a 2-24 Sullivan North squad and then another loss to South. Not a pretty ending to the season. Don't really know what happened, but Morgan is gonna have a task in front of him next year......coming off of a sub-par season and losing his best post player and his best perimeter player, not to mention a quality SF and guard off the bench.

825578609[/snapback]

I never said this was the best South team. Read a little more careful. I said "I have never seen a South team play that well." Which I haven't.

I don't think either of you are right.

How exactly is DB going to be a great team next year? What from this year gives you that impression?

And #2........Volunteer is not a great team. DB is not a good team. Both of them are DECENT in Northeast TN. Nothing to brag about.

825579035[/snapback]

Good post. Volunteer does have their work cut out for them next season. DB will be about the same next year at best. As for Science Hill, well, they'll be the best in NETN again. EEK! And as for South, they will be huge and very athletic for the next 2-3 years.

Good post.  Volunteer does have their work cut out for them next season.  DB will be about the same next year at best.  As for Science Hill, well, they'll be the best in NETN again.  EEK!  And as for South, they will be huge and very athletic for the next 2-3 years.

825581690[/snapback]

DB is losing their best player, Lamon is definately your alls only big gun. Science Hill will be good, never as good as you all think they are. But South will be the team to beat next year. You all may disagree but they will be huge and talented. No one will be able to much up with their size. And don't be ragging on AA teams because this year you take the top three teams in the Watauga and they could play on the same level if not better than AAA.

I dont know if I would call Science Hill a mediocre team.  Even compared to the old teams.  Keep in mind the 3 state champs at science hill all finished 37-5

If Science Hill can run the table in district, region, sub-state, and state they will finish at 37-5.  Unaka could beat them, at Unaka.  But they would lose at SH, and probably lose on a neutral floor.  Plus you have to consider a multitude of variables including injury.

825581596[/snapback]

Unaka could beat Science Hill??? there's no way...they don't have enoguh size and depth to hang with Science Hill...Science Hill's bench is deep, Unaka wouldn't be able to last long enough of against the Science Hill D...and whoever said we're unfaithful fans for fighting for Db, just because we're fighting for them doesnt mean we don't hate them...you gotta respect a team that takes you to the wire and even beats you, and is consistently good, theres not one reason why Volunteer fan should be talking trash about Db, they didn't beat DB, they beat a team that beat db earlier in the year, that doesnt mean anything nothing else needs to be said to anyone from volunteer unless its a team they actually beat this year