DII middle

unanymous89

Bga is down, JPJII is up from last year and who knows with USN, Don't count scrimmages,  I think the power still will be with USN

825589505[/snapback]

Scrimmages don't mean anything.... Last year McCallie beat USN in a scrimmage 3-0 I believe, and USN ended up winning state. This year McCallie beat PJPII 3-0 in a scrimmage, so they could win state!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USN was in state finals and lost to MUS I do believe, also JP2 was missing two key players (Woosely and Galvin) during that game who produce a lot of offense and are extremely influential. JP2 does have problems in goal but it appears Joe Liyana who finished the year in goal last year may return to the goal even though is he is a good field player, he is the best goalie on the team. The score from scrimmages never ever represent how a team really is generally, remember half the games are players the coach is not sure of and that is why they are playing in a scrimage, it's a scrimmage it does NOT count. I would say DII middle is down as a whole this year but only regular season matchups can tell if that is true (statement based on players lost from previous years good teams) Jp2 only lost Greg Hatfield so they will hopefully be able to replace him even though it will be hard, however with a team that was so young last year, they should be able to contend with Ryan and USN for DII middle's best. MBA will have a decent team but it looks as if the competition will be between JP2, USN and Ryan with MBA possibly getting in the mix for a trip to state in May.

My thoughts on the middle region:

Father Ryan should win the region, returning a lot, great keeper in Mark McWatters with a solid back line, should be tough to score on. JP2 seems to be a natural pick based solely on the fact that they return everyone and now have a senior class, however they were no more than average last year. BA could be a darkhorse they get no respect and they return a lot from a decent team that beat FRA last year and tied MBA and JP2. They have some goal scorers this year and that should help. USN will be in the mix as well and BGA has several TNFC 88 players so we will see how they play, they could be a major surprise.

The scouting is complete...All data has been acquired and inserted into the crystal ball.

The following is the way the season will play out.

DII Middle:

1) BGA - No one talks about BGA but they have the most talent in the region. 5 strong TNFC 88 players plus Taylor Preston ( a transfer from Page or Centennial) from TNFC 89 and you have an outstanding team... BGA just stay quiet like you have (if I were you I would have talked all kinds of smack when people talk about everyone you lost and how weak you are) and show everyone on the field...People who know Middle TN soccer are not taking you lightly.

2) Father Ryan - Very young last year yet very competative at the end..

3) BA/ MBA / JPII tight race for the number 3 spot... Look for JPII to have a sub 500 regular season but to learn from their competition and turn it on in the tournament at the end. Like Father Ryan did last year - start slow and build with the year. MBA has the best goal keepers in the region. Probably the top 3 keepers in the region. JPII would love to have MBA #3 keeper Trey McMinn to start for them. BA is always strong..

6) USN - lost several key players but has really strong coaching - could move up into the mix with MBA/ BA/ JPII

7) everyone else....No competition below the top 6 do not even know if college heights, middle tennessee Christian are even fielding teams. Bell Buckle Webb and SAS do not pose a threat.

How have the scrimmages been going in this region, i will give you the games i know have been played and the score, but if anyone else has any others please post them, I am very curious about how these teams are playing preseason.

Heres what I know:

Father Ryan tied Ravenwood 1-1

BA lost to Brentwood 3-0

JP2 lost to Baylor 4-1

BGA beat Gallatin 7-0

BA beat Goodpasture 1-0

BA lost to Ravenwood 1-0

I have heard nothing from MBA or USN anyone have any info?