District 10 aa semifinals

rolltide418

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definitely be a good night of basketball and both games are very hard to predict.

In the first matchup, Cheatham and Harpeth. Cheatham must stop the penetration of Robert Derrick, and they must find a way to stop Scott Erland. Erland destroyed the Cubs at Cheatham this year. If they contain those two, Cheatham advances by about 8. If Harpeth keeps Cheatham off the FT line and contains Noel and Brink, they advance. It should be a very good basketball game.

Now to Sycamore and Waverly. All the Waverly fans will probably start arguing about this one, but I think Sycamore has a legit shot at beating the Tigers tonight. Sycamore has played them very close this season, and now at a nuetral site, this is going to be a great game. Ricco is going to make some great plays, but if Sycamore limits those, they will advance. Also, if Sycamore shoots the ball well, they will win. I'm gonna go with Waverly by 4, but I would not be suprised if Sycamore wins and advances to the finals.

I think Sycamore may have an advantage in the fact that got a chance to play last night. The rims at Stewart Co. seem to be tight. I think once again it will be a close game but I'm going to predict Sycamore to win. They have found a way to get it done the last two years and I will not be surprised to see them reach the finals again this year.

I believe this will be an exciting night for the basketball fans. The two boys games will be hard fought contests with the four top teams 'duking' it out to get to the championship game. Four of the most exciting players in the district will be showcased tonight ( Smith, Derrick, Bullard and Ralston). You don't want to miss these games!!! Good luck to all teams!

I believe this will be an exciting night for the basketball fans. The two boys games will be hard fought contests with the four top teams 'duking' it out to get to the championship game. Four of the most exciting players in the district will be showcased tonight ( Smith, Derrick, Bullard and Ralston). You don't want to miss these games!!! Good luck to all teams!

Guest catfish-hunter

Great night of basketball in Stewart County: Wednesday February 23, 2005!!!

Harpeth plays Cheatham in a "dream matchup" in the district semifinals. The Indians have owned the Cubs for a while now, but in the postseason all bets are off. Derrick is back for Harpeth, who beat the Cubs a few weeks back without him on the court. The key player for Harpeth in this game is without question Scott Erland. If he dictates the game in the paint the way that he did in the game at Cheatham, then Harpeth will win by 10. If the Cubs can get some play from somebody inside and Noel Smith can have a big night, then I see them moving on to play for a championship this Friday night.

Sycamore and Waverly always play very close basketball games and this year was no exception with Waverly taking the season sweep against the War Eagles. The key for Sycamore is to stop Rico Ralston from getting in the lane and making plays. He can and will shoot the outside shot, but he is best when he penetrates to the basket. Sycamore must also be able to defend Ryan Hollis one-on-one on the block. If they have to double down on Hollis and Reid & Leonard get going from deep, then this game will be Waverly's. Sycamore needs an inside presence. Brian Bullard is due for a breakthrough game after only scoring 2-POINTS in last night's win against Creek Wood. If Bullard is on and John plays the way that he's been playing of late, then Waverly is in serious trouble. Moulton started for Sycamore last night and scored 16 to lead them. If he is hot and Barksdale, Watts, Rives, Lohin, Forbes, Crawford, and True are hot from outside then Sycamore will not lose.

See you all in Dover tonight for some great basketball!!!

how much do you have sycamore winning by catfish??? Give us a number. Like i said earlier waverly by 10. Ralston is going to have a big night and i hear waverly is bring a huge crowd over to dover as well. I hear there maybe be close to 100 students attending

Edited by afan1222

Guest catfish-hunter
how much do you have sycamore winning by catfish???  Give us a number.  Like i said earlier waverly by 10.  Ralston is going to have a big night and i  hear waverly is bring a huge crowd over to dover as well.  I hear there maybe be close to 100 students attending

825581507[/snapback]

Well then I guess I may come out of retirement for this one then afan1222!!! "100 students"??? That sure is quite a bit from a school as small as Waverly. Sounds like basketball is priority #1 in Humphreys County.

Just think of me as being like okiedoke on here afan1222. I am not gonna make a prediction, but as always I'll be pulling for the War Eagles.

If Davidson, beach, and hoeh play like they did against central and smith his everyday game the cheatham advances. Harpeths size hurts cheatham so much and if they can find away to limit 2nd chance points cheathams chances improve greatly. Remember, harpeth beat cheatham on a last second put back at cheatham. I hope both games will be very competitive.