Congratulations to the Unaka High Lady Rangers

cucry

Sportiemom - No Jealousy, Just stating the facts.

No one expected Cosby to win 10 games this year. Cosby has had a decent year in that respect.

cucry -As for Cosby being a difficult place to play, you're exactly right. Unaka beat Cosby by 11 both at home and at Cosby though. So it is a consistant score.

osubrutus - I have been fortunate to see the Lady Rangers play many times this year and they are a solid team.

I look for them to be at the Murphy Center and I'll be there supporting them just like you Sportiemom.

I would like to see another championship trophy in upper east TN. But, I have also seen a few teams that could easily handle the girls too. I think their downfall could be that they play down to their competition sometimes. Championship teams know they can't afford to do this. And, I don't think they have really been tested this year by a top 10-15 Team. North Greene and Cloudland both took it to the wire and Cosby was one point game at the half. CPA was a good game as was Volunteer. But both of those teams are a middle of the pack team.

I only hope that this ranking is not at a time to inspire overconfidence.

As far as kissing your grits, No thanks, the offer is flattering, But you have so much more to offer. B) X O X O's

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the state quarterfinal appearance this year..... :lol:

825581495[/snapback]

Has it ever occured they might want matching his and her's "Gold Balls"

You must have two to complete the set.

I hope Unaka, Cloudland and Elizabethton have to rent a truck to bring hardware back from the state tournament.

And to WesCharge Come to Stoney Creek and get free lodging at the Blue Springs Resort and play golf at the 18 hole Stoney Beach Resort. thumb

Edited by starman

Congratulations to the AP's # 1 Class A Girls Basketball Team . . . The Unaka Lady Rangers. Just receiving the State's # 1 ranking at anytime in a high school career is a memorable and tough accomplishment.

I know these girls will give their all "one game at a time" as they have all year. I also know they have worked hard and are glad to be in this position. We are proud of them even if they don't win another game . . . however, the "Ranger Nation" hopes they will be ranked #1 when it really counts . . . on Saturday evening, March 12 in the 'Boro!

have to give u guys credit cause the girls are good and may just be 1 in tn. but eliz is better. just look at your last game with volunteer and then look what the cyclones did for them in the district tourny.

carter co

1 no doubt elizabethon

2 no doubt unaka

3 no doubt cloudland

4 no doubt hampton

5 no doubt happy valley

enjoy yourself, cause you are still number 2 in these parts

You can't go by how teams play against other teams and Elizabethton is AA. This is a thread congratulating the Lady Rangers for being number 1 in 1A. Cloudland will be undermanned Friday night, but don't expect them to roll over for the Lady Rangers. It will be a dog fight.

As for MattMan, you may think with your small mind that the region is weak, but it took overtime for you all to beat UH and both games with Cloudland went down to the wire. So, think before you make cocky statements like that.

As for MattMan, you may think with your small mind that the region is weak, but it took overtime for you all to beat UH and both games with Cloudland went down to the wire. So, think before you make cocky statements like that.
Small mind? All I say is that the region is a lot weaker than other ones in the state, I'm sure you're still all decent to good teams. There are just regions out there where even the lady rangers would get eaten alive. Teams have on years, teams have off years. Unaka was on this year, others in the region were less on. That's all I say.

Hey,

I just wanted to say how proud I am of the Unaka Girls basketball team. They have done a wonderful job all year and are headed for a state run. Great effort as well from Kenneth, Chris, and Wes. Coaches have been top notch and are directing the team very well. Good Luck through the rest of the post season, and in Murfreesboro.

Even though Unaka has a strength rating of #2, Not #1 by the way that is still GCA's honor. The Strength of Schedule was #77. There are only 110 schools in single A, Not to mention that not all of them participate in sports.

It has been said that the only ranking that matters is the one at the end of the day on March 12th. Look at the region standings, Unaka has not played but Only 1 of the top seven, Cloudland. And even at that Hancock being #2 in the region has suffered a sub par year as well.

I think Unaka is strong enough to make it to the elite eight and strongly favored to be a final four team. I honestly hope they can pull it off, but even with the #1 ranking it would be and upset for the championship.