GRACE TENNIS

volsbigd712

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will --

I think I played against a few of the guys from Hixson a couple years ago but I'm not really sure how they're playing now (despite the insane comments they make about being invincible on the court). Collegedale? They don't have very much, IMO. A few of their guys look like they have potential but mostly all of them have blaring weaknesses that your solid tournament player would pick up on and exploit them with. For example - their no. 2 guy has decent strokes but is really slow and their no. 1 guy is speedy and really consistent but can't hurt you from the ground because he's got no fire.

Generally, in the realm of school tennis they're a pretty good team. In comparison with the jr. players who're competing in tournaments regularly -- their guys would get schooled.

Yeah, our middle school guys are pretty good. Only kid I'd put any money on though is a 6th grader (he'll be in 7th next year) named Nathan. No lie, the kid has some serious serious serious potential. And like not even being biased because he plays for us -- he is one of the best kids his age I've ever seen play. He doesnt have very much match experience but then again -- who does when they're 12? By the time he's in high school I am seriously banking on this kid being his generations equivalent of Will Reynolds or David Henry...

Edited by Arc