Tyner "Lady Rams" vs. Grundy Co.

TynerRamFan

Hey TynerRamFan, it probably doesn't even matter.  From what I hear, the Region Championship will be played between two teams from the "other" district anyway.  Probably Walker Valley and McMinn Central or Tellico

825583043[/snapback]

I wouldn't just give the title away just yet. I will say that Dist 5 has the upper hand until somebody proves different. But I believe that both Grundy and Tyner can play with and beat anybody. And after they battle it out tonight they'll both be working hard to be ready for next week.

Grundy will have to play better early tonight than they did last night. They'll have to play well from start to finish if they want to beat Tyner. I'm sure they can but it will be close and it will be a battle.

I look forward to taking the action shots of the games tonight.

Del.

I wouldn't just give the title away just yet. I will say that Dist 5 has the upper hand until somebody proves different. But I believe that both Grundy and Tyner can play with and beat anybody. And after they battle it out tonight they'll both be working hard to be ready for next week.

Grundy will have to play better early tonight than they did last night. They'll have to play well from start to finish if they want to beat Tyner. I'm sure they can but it will be close and it will be a battle.

I look forward to taking the action shots of the games tonight.

Del.

825583316[/snapback]

I agree with Del. Grundy will have to get off to a better start. Tyner is going to be ready for this game and I think Grundy will be to. They will be out to redeem theirsevles from the lost to Tyner. My prediction is Grundy will win, but they will have to get off to a good start to do so. They need to get Tyner out of the game as early as possible b/c the longer they hang around the harder it will be. And as far as 5AA goes i think they will be surprised when they play these two teams in the region. "upset" is what i am thinking.

Any score on this game...........

825585408[/snapback]

...The Tyner "Lady Rams" won the game 41-40 when a basket was made with 9.0 seconds left to play...Grundy got the ball, called timeout and had three(3) chances to score, however the ball was tipped around until time expired!!!

...Three players from Tyner and three from Grundy made the All-District Team.

It was a close game all night. Grundy didnt play their game they played Tyners' game and it beat them. They should have stayed with their usual game of pressing and running the floor. That is what they do and they didnt do it agaist Tyner. I dont even think that they pressed once. Tyner played a good game and shot the ball pretty well most of the night. Stoglin, Rollins, and Woodlee were the all tourney players from Grundy.

It was a close game all night. Grundy didnt play their game they played Tyners' game and it beat them. They should have stayed with their usual game of pressing and running the floor. That is what they do and they didnt do it agaist Tyner. I dont even think that they pressed once. Tyner played a good game and shot the ball pretty well most of the night. Stoglin, Rollins, and Woodlee were the all tourney players from Grundy.

825585668[/snapback]

...I hi-lited a couple of things you said just to clarify...I really think Grundy did play their game...If you look back at the series between these two teams you will see that anytime the score has been in the 30's or 40's Grundy has won the game...On the contrary(prior to last night's game) anytime the score has been in the 50's or 60's the "Lady Rams" have won the game...Coach Parks made a comment in Times Free Press this morning and said that DEFENSE was the key to this game...I tend to agree with her...Congratulations to the entire team and the Coaching staff for Tyner and specifically to the All-Tourney Players from Tyner: Denisha, Shay & Katrich...but to show how balanced this team is excellent defense was played by Ashley, Krista & Monica...and by the way Monica hit the game winning shot and is only a freshman!!!

...I hi-lited a couple of things you said just to clarify...I really think Grundy did play their game...If you look back at the series between these two teams you will see that anytime the score has been in the 30's or 40's Grundy has won the game...On the contrary(prior to last night's game) anytime the score has been in the 50's or 60's the "Lady Rams" have won the game...Coach Parks made a comment in Times Free Press this morning and said that DEFENSE was the key to this game...I tend to agree with her...Congratulations to the entire team and the Coaching staff for Tyner and specifically to the All-Tourney Players from Tyner: Denisha, Shay & Katrich...but to show how balanced this team is excellent defense was played by Ashley, Krista & Monica...and by the way Monica hit the game winning shot and is only a freshman!!!

825585750[/snapback]

Your right defense did win the game for Tyner. But i still think that Grundy did not play their type of game, and it was Tyners defense that had something to do with it. But Grundy didnt run the floor like they usually do and Tyners game is bringing it down the floor slower and that is the way the game was played to Tyners tempo. Congrads that you have such great freshmen cause you'll need them next year when Denisha and Katrich are gone. It will be interesting to see these teams next year b/c Grundy is losing Borne(PG) and Stoglin(SG). And even though Grundys point guard didnt get recognized in the all tourney team she probably is one of their greatest unrecognized players.

Your right defense did win the game for Tyner. But i still think that Grundy did not play their type of game, and it was Tyners defense that had something to do with it. But Grundy didnt run the floor like they usually do and Tyners game is bringing it down the floor slower and that is the way the game was played to Tyners tempo. Congrads that you have such great freshmen cause you'll need them next year when Denisha and Katrich are gone. It will be interesting to see these teams next year b/c Grundy is losing Borne(PG) and Stoglin(SG). And even though Grundys point guard didnt get recognized in the all tourney team she probably is one of their greatest unrecognized players.

825585895[/snapback]

That's exactly right. Grundy is blessed with a lot of talent this year and that will run for at least two more. Any night one of 6 or 7 players could lead in scoring. But Mindy Borne does so much for the team and most times it has little to do with scoring. She is very unselfish and always giving her all. And she's a good student and citizen on top of that. So hats off to Mindy.

I hope that my Lady Yellow Jackets will pick themselves up this morning and get their heads and their hearts in the right place. While last night was heartbreaking it doesn't put an end to anything. I remember a team a few years ago that lost the region tourney title but ended up with a big gold ball. The only one in the GCHS trophy case.

You can do it ladies. You can go much further. You have to believe and you have to leave it all on the floor. Never give up. Never surrender. Never stop fighting until the fighting is done.

Come on girls, let's go to Murfreesboro!! thumb

I'd also like to say congratulations to Tyner. They worked hard and earned the win and the title. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of this game next week.

Del (who believes 100% the Lady Yellow Jackets can do it.)

A rematch of Tyner vs Grundy County in the Region finals is "VERY, VERY, VERY.................. unlikely to happen. Possible, but "VERY" unlikely.

Grundy would have to beat either Meigs Co. or McMinn Central plus Walker Valley

Tyner would have to beat either Meigs Co. or McMinn Central plus Tellico Plains

Possible.....but "VERY" unlikely both of the above will happen. Maybe one will happen......but both...... "VERY" unlikely...... ;)

Edited by GottaHaveHeart

A rematch of Tyner vs Grundy County in the Region finals is "VERY, VERY, VERY.................. unlikely to happen. Possible, but "VERY" unlikely.

Grundy would have to beat either Meigs Co. or McMinn Central plus Walker Valley

Tyner would have to beat either Meigs Co. or McMinn Central plus Tellico Plains

Possible.....but "VERY" unlikely both of the above will happen. Maybe one will happen......but both...... "VERY" unlikely...... ;)

825586202[/snapback]

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not predicting it. I would just like to see it. Just as I'm sure you'd be happy to see an all Dist 5AA final.

I have the utmost respect for Dist 5AA. Every game will be a challange. I won't be there Monday but will watch them all Tuesday and will go as far as Grundy takes me. While I'm there I'll take pictures of all teams on the floor.

BTW, I need to get with someone from Walker Valley. I'll have a plaque next week for Mr. Boatman for being the offensive mvp of Region 3 3A in 2004. I had a friend of mine make plaques for him and Jeremy Melton of Grundy who was the defensive mvp. So somebody from Walker Valley look me up.

Del.