District 3 AAA

redupset

Powell is not going to be as good as they were last year but they are not going to be as bad as everyone thinks. We beat Lenior City like 11-1 Friday, our pitching looked good, but we have to start hitting the ball, so if we start hitting the ball we will be alot better.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is playing for the #2 spot in 3AAA. I'm not sure who will nail the #2 spot down, but Halls is loaded as #1.

It shouldn't take long before we know how the rest of the district will play out. I'm not sure how the other coaches in the district will use their pitching against the Red Devils. It may be like playing Farragut the last few years, no one wanted to waste a good arm against the Admirals.

Good luck to all this spring.

Powell won 11-1 yes but look who they played. Last years team would have probably won 20-0. 6th or 7th is where i see the panthers. no offensive power against good pitching. maybe by hargis lakin and spradlen but other than that......... not too good.

They lost too much and they will give some teams a good game but other than that i dont see too many district wins. they will battle with clinton and CC but everyone else could beat them in 5. Maybe i could be wrong but if they dont get a leader out there then it might be a long year. Hope not.

1. halls

2. OR

3. Karns

4. Central

5. Powell/CC

7. Clinton

uhm the outfield did lose eeryone. The way i have seen it is TJ Farmer in center, Jay Courtney in LF and RF is up for grabs i believe. They will struggle some out there. Their solid positions will be SS/2b and catcher with lakin at short, Hargis at 2nd and Spradlen behind the dish. ( he has a gun on him this year ) i'd like to see his time this year to second. looks really quick.

Yes the outfield is all new, with Courtney in LF, Farmer in Center, and in Rf Jimmy Franklin a Freshman and hes not looking to bad, they will have there good games and there bad games. But havent seemed to struggle any on defense so far. So if they get the bats going they will be alright.

1. Karns !!!!

Karns is absolutely undeniably the best team in the state. Landon Chester aka tall goofy lefty is gonna shut people out. Russell Hill with his flashy leg kick, will amaze scouts with his nasty curveball. Brandon Mckee, although fatter, can hit the ball harder than ever. Heath Cheverton is gonna dominate with his massive stick. Dana Mayes is gonna clean up in the infield and at the plate. Al Henry bigger and dumber than ever will track down everything in center. This year karns is absolutely gonna dominate everyone in the district, Ive seen them play I KNOW!!!!!!

What in the heck are you thinking Larryboy. You must be crazy. The lefty with the nasty curve throws about 55 mph. Maybe the scouts from coach pitch will be looking at him to throw for their kids but not for college or major leaugue. Dana Mayes didn't touch the ball all year last year so i dont know what you are talking about him cleaning up at the plate. And the cathcer cant get up off his knees quick enough to throw anyone out, so it looks like to me you dont have a clue what your talking about.