Charles Little AAA Mr. Basketball Finalist?

spydaman2405

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey..were you at the bolivar game tonight???

825587149[/snapback]

There is no way charles little is one of the top 3 players in class AAA.he he won't even be able to make it in college cause he is one dimensional.i know other players like anthony mason and niles are better than him by far, and he does have a little help in goldstin and dodd

take shaq as an example, if he went to high school in tennessee everyone of yall would be praising him and he would get mr. basketball in a second.  shaq cant do anything outside of 3 ft. either.  so just because yall cant stop him doesnt mean yall should act like they voted a 5'2" white dude who cant walk straight for a mr. basketball finalist.  charles little could be getting 40 points a night if we (cleveland) had a guard that could consistantly get charles the ball without turning it over.  if we could hold on to the ball on offense these post slandering little would never occur.

825586942[/snapback]

Ok, you just compared Shaq to Chuck little. What is wrong with you? Shaq is 7'1, Chuck is 6'5, it doesn't matter so much that Shaq can't do anything outside 3 ft. when he dominates every single person he plays against. Chuck isnt that good, and he's not near as big either.

This absolutely shocked me (not as much as Xavie Webb's omission, but still shocked me)...

Little is a very good player, but would not have been in my top 8-10 AAA HS players this year for the Mr. Basketball finalist spot...

I really thought the player who got shafted the most was Hunters Lane's Brandon Springer. Hunters Lane had an unbelieveable season, and established themselves as the best team in TN. Springer averaged over 20 ppg, and 8 rpg as well.

He was my pick because I knew all three finalists would not come from West Tn, so no matter how deserving Richard Delk, Pierre Niles, and Anthony Mason were, among others, it was going to be nearly impossible to get a third finalist from the West...

I thought Matthew Dotson was next in line behind Springer even...

The only thing I can think is that Little did not have to share any votes from East Tn... The West was obviously shared between a whole handful of players, but even Middle TN was likely split between Springer, Dotson, Pfleiger, and even Drake Reed, while there was no likely candidate to split votes with Little... That is the only thing I can think of...

Ok, the guy that compared Charles Little to Shaq has lost all of his talking privlages. Wow! Chalres Little is 6'5, 6'5! When he gets to college and realizes he is the size of other teams SG's and SF's he is going to realize he is screwed. Becuase do you know what a 6'5 athletic kid (at a D-1 school) that has absolutely no shot or handles is? A practice squad player. 6'5 posts with very minimal basketball skills are a dime a dozen in D-1 basketball.

Ok, the guy that compared Charles Little to Shaq has lost all of his talking privlages. Wow! Chalres Little is 6'5, 6'5! When he gets to college and realizes he is the size of other teams SG's and SF's he is going to realize he is screwed. Becuase do you know what a 6'5 athletic kid (at a D-1 school) that has absolutely no shot or handles is? A practice squad player. 6'5 posts with very minimal basketball skills are a dime a dozen in D-1 basketball.

825587777[/snapback]

You work on what you lack in, in college. Chuck will surprise you with how much better he will be able to shoot and handle the ball after probably his freshman year at Dayton. The coaches will make him the player he could be, I'd say he will start for them if not his junior year, definetly his senior year.

If you have watched him day in and day out, like I have. Then you will see the Charles Little that dominates. He can hit a shot outside of 3 ft. I have seen him do it numberous times. His 3 isn't the best, but it will develope for him at the next level. He has worked on his shot, during the offseason. He is a good leader on the court, and he will take blame for a bad pass or anything else. The other 2 candidates have more help than Charles. White Station's Prince has Cunningham and JNS' Delk has his brother. Charles plays on a team that doesn't have alot of depth, actually no depth. Cleveland doesn't have that outside shooter, Dodd is streaky. Everything is inside for Cleveland. Charles gets about 13 points on a bad night. He is deserving of being considered, most people know he's not going to win.

take shaq as an example, if he went to high school in tennessee everyone of yall would be praising him and he would get mr. basketball in a second.  shaq cant do anything outside of 3 ft. either.  so just because yall cant stop him doesnt mean yall should act like they voted a 5'2" white dude who cant walk straight for a mr. basketball finalist.  charles little could be getting 40 points a night if we (cleveland) had a guard that could consistantly get charles the ball without turning it over.  if we could hold on to the ball on offense these post slandering little would never occur.

825586942[/snapback]

Shaq - 7'1", 350 lbs. post player

Little - 6'5", 200 lbs. post player

Equivalent? I think not. Therefore, anytime you ever compare these two individuals you have reached an amazing level of discredability. Charles Little is a size of player that is very common in the present day. Unless he can develop a game for playing the wing, he will have a difficult time in college because he simply isn't large enough to play post at the Division 1 level whether it is mid-major or not. Do I believe Charles Little is a good candidate for Mr. Basketball? Sure. Mr. Basketball is a reward for a quality high school basketball player, not for the best college prospect.

825587777[/snapback]

Don't be surprised if Charles Little is redshirted his first year at Dayton. I've spoken with a college coach who said that he would LOVE to have Charles Little in his recruiting class. That coach said, however, that his program would have redshirted Mr. Little and spent the first year working on nothing more than wing skills. Incredible athletic ability, a frame capable of adding tremendous muscle mass, an intelligent basketball mind, a fairly capable court vision, and a above average attitude? What college coach wouldn't want to take a chance on such a project. Charles Little can succeed at an Atlantic 10 basketball program? Absolutely. Will he without a doubt? We will have to see.

Don't be surprised if Charles Little is redshirted his first year at Dayton.  I've spoken with a college coach who said that he would LOVE to have Charles Little in his recruiting class. That coach said, however, that his program would have redshirted Mr. Little and spent the first year working on nothing more than wing skills. Incredible athletic ability, a frame capable of adding tremendous muscle mass, an intelligent basketball mind, a fairly capable court vision, and a above average attitude?  What college coach wouldn't want to take a chance on such a project. Charles Little can succeed at an Atlantic 10 basketball program? Absolutely. Will he without a doubt? We will have to see.

825588070[/snapback]

he wont be redshirted