Best 400 Runners

RedRaiderPlayer

See you at the Vol classic, then you can talk about Hand timed.

825625975[/snapback]

HAHA...Ok!....he's gonna have a lot of fun with our 400 guys. And our 4x4 team. :P

Look, don't get me wrong, what Ryan did is impressive, especially this early in the season. The kid ran an incredible 400m in our meet last year (he fell second to the second of our sub-50 guys).

But this meet you speak of was at a mom-and-pop meet where somebody is bound to have an itchy finger on the stop watch. You're right, we'll see what happens at the Vol Classic. Put him in a big meet and watch him fade in the pack. Or he could surprise us all, as you believe. But don't tote him on here to be God of the 400m. Because he isn't.

Edited by BHSfootball

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if it is a hand time, that still converts to a 50.34 (or 50.24, I can't remember) FAT and that is a good 400m time for a A/AA runner in March. He'll been competitive in the A/AA sectional for certian.

That said, there won't be too many teams really even competitive w/ BHS in the 4x4 across the state this year if they stay healthy (so stay healthy, BHS!)

Even if it is a hand time, that still converts to a 50.34 (or 50.24, I can't remember) FAT and that is a good 400m time for a A/AA runner in March. He'll been competitive in the A/AA sectional for certian.

That said, there won't be too many teams really even competitive w/ BHS in the 4x4 across the state this year if they stay healthy (so stay healthy, BHS!)

825626474[/snapback]

It converts to a 50.34. Which is very good. But what I was saying is I know how alot of meets are, especially around here. They can be very generous... :P

It converts to a 50.34. Which is very good. But what I was saying is I know how alot of meets are, especially around here. They can be very generous... :)

825626492[/snapback]

[/quote.

Everyone knows Bearden was stacked, as to if they still are, we will see. Ryan was good last year, but looks incredible this year. He literally flew past Maurice Davis and took the wind out of AE's sails. His last leg on the 4x4 was impressive as he made up a huge deficit. I think LC's bound to repeat (going to state and placing first instead of second) and probably surprise a lot of conventional wisdom around here concerning A/AA compared to AAA.

One Grace brother is not a whole team. He is good, but not a whole team.

Everyone knows Bearden was stacked, as to if they still are, we will see.  Ryan was good last year, but looks incredible this year.  He literally flew past Maurice Davis and took the wind out of AE's sails.  His last leg on the 4x4 was impressive as he made up a huge deficit.  I think LC's bound to repeat (going to state and placing first instead of second) and probably surprise a lot of conventional wisdom around here concerning A/AA compared to AAA. 

One Grace brother is not a whole team.  He is good, but not a whole team.

825626912[/snapback]

We got more than a Grace brother in the 400m. Go back and read this thread from the beginning and you will understand what I am talking about.

How could we not have a better 4x4 than last year? We lost one guy and the the other three have all improved their times significantly.

Edited by BHSfootball

We got more than a Grace brother in the 400m.  Go back and read this thread from the beginning and you will understand what I am talking about.

How could we not have a better 4x4 than last year?  We lost one guy and the the other three have all improved their times significantly.

825627032[/snapback]

You are right. BHS has more than just a Grace brother and Bearden is known for their relays. Don't take it personally! Can't we all just get a long? I was responding to your comment on Ryan's time. You weren't there to see how smoothly he ran and then most of their relay team. Anyone that saw him run the last leg of the 1600m relay will never forget how amazing it was. I have seen Bearden run and it would just be great to see LC compete with such an ELITE team.

I wonder if any other teams have improved significantly????

• 2 weeks later...
Indoor track Kenwood, indoor track... :D  Just kidding.  But we'll see what Brian's time is when we head to Florida in about two weeks.  I would be willing to bet that is is gonna be near or below Simeon's time. 

And believe me, I know who Simeon Harris is and what he can do.....I read the results.

Here's some interesting results though:

AAU National Copy Champ. Meet

2004 AAU Jr. Olympic Games - 7/31/2004 to 8/7/2004       

Drake Stadium-Des Moines, IA                   

Event 48  Men 400 Meter Dash Young

Heat  5                                                           

1 William McCaskill        86 Altus, OK                47.66Q 

2 Bryan Webb                87 Knoxville, TN          48.32  

3 Jason Moore              86 Charlotte, NC            49.48   

4 Michael Edwards          87 Charlotte, NC            51.35   

5 Marvin Plummer            87 Queens, NY              53.97   

6 Christen Glass            87 St. Paul, MN            55.04

825603522[/snapback]

Yea I see that Bryan Webb ran a 48.32, Simeon's 48.7 was indoors.

• 2 weeks later...