gordonsville/pickett co

tiger02

Well Gordonsville might as well have not boarded the bus tonight... Pickett Co came out ready to play and beat them badly... Score ended up being Pickett Co. 82 Gordonsville 29... I guess the Pickett Co. bounced back after another lose and Gordonsville had to be there next victim... Well Congrads go out to Pickett Co. and good luck against Westmoreland Thursday night...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thumb

Well Gordonsville might as well have not boarded the bus tonight... Pickett Co came out ready to play and beat them badly... Score ended up being Pickett Co. 82 Gordonsville 29... I guess the Pickett Co. bounced back after another lose and Gordonsville had to be there next victim... Well Congrads go out to Pickett Co. and good luck against Westmoreland Thursday night...

825595806[/snapback]

thumb thumb thumb Go Bobcats!

From what I saw last night Westmoreland should not load the bus. If they hadn't got a charging call and some help from the officals all night they would be watching from the stands. Talk about overrated!

825596338[/snapback]

they just had a bad game like every one else has so you can't say anything. They missed shots that are normally made. So maybe they'll have a better game after they got used to the gym.

they just had a bad game like every one else has so you can't say anything.  They missed shots that are normally made.  So maybe they'll have a better game after they got used to the gym.

825596461[/snapback]

I realize that early on in the year they lost to Pickett by 7 and actually beat Clay Co during a christmas tournament in which they got every call and made every shot. However they are not on the same level with these two teams at this point in the season, and like the other posters said, without alot of help last night, they are watching from the stands. No they don't need to load the bus, because after thursday the season is over, but hey look at it like this, that 28-2 record will look good hanging in rafters on one of those flags! thumb

I realize that early on in the year they lost to Pickett by 7 and actually beat Clay Co during a christmas tournament in which they got every call and made every shot.  However they are not on the same level with these two teams at this point in the season, and like the other posters said, without alot of help last night, they are watching from the stands.  No they don't need to load the bus, because after thursday the season is over, but hey look at it like this, that 28-2 record will look good hanging in rafters on one of those flags! thumb

825596470[/snapback]

Dev fan, westmoreland folks have read your post and they are very discouraged. So they have decided not to load the bus and come, so just call everyone from Pickett co. and tell them not to worry about showing up either.

Thanks for ruining their season! thumb thumb

Edited by b-ball mania

Dev fan, westmoreland folks have read your post and they are very discouraged.  So they have decided not to load the bus and come, so just call everyone from Pickett  co. and tell them not to worry about  showing up either.

Thanks for ruining their season! thumb thumb

825596489[/snapback]

I figured that would put them over the edge! B) Good luck

I realize that early on in the year they lost to Pickett by 7 and actually beat Clay Co during a christmas tournament in which they got every call and made every shot.  However they are not on the same level with these two teams at this point in the season, and like the other posters said, without alot of help last night, they are watching from the stands.  No they don't need to load the bus, because after thursday the season is over, but hey look at it like this, that 28-2 record will look good hanging in rafters on one of those flags! thumb

825596470[/snapback]

Westmoreland obviously didn't play well last night. Red Boiling played better than they have in the last month or so. Don't judge on just this one game. Two weeks ago Westmoreland beat the same RBS team by 20+. I will say that Pickett looked tought last night, they played with alot more intensity than they did in the district championship. I think the loss may have helped in that regard. Last nights close game may have woke Westmoreland up also. Should be a great game. If Pickett plays with the intensity that they had last night, they will win. However, Westmoreland has a post player that is pretty good, and that could hurt Pickett. I don't see a blowout either way. Good luck to both teams. thumb

Pickett beat Westmoreland by 9...61-52, not 7. They were up 12-4 after one, and as much as 24-10 in the first quarter...and that was playing without Josh Wright, one of the best players in this tournament. The Bobcats will have to play a great game though and cover Custer and not let him get his threes. The refs most likely will help Westmoreland again like last night, so Pickett will really have to be up for this game. Why didn't RBS foul Westmoreland when they had that 3 point lead and just seconds left in the game? Custer hit that 3 with 8 seconds to go to send it into overtime. A foul might have given them 2 points and they would have had to miss the 2nd and get the rebound to get three. RBS didn't play a good game... anyone watching would never say that. How many times did they throw the ball away? How many free throws did they miss? They played about the same as they did in the district. That Westmoreland excuse just doesn't fly.

Pickett beat Westmoreland by 9...61-52, not 7. They were up 12-4 after one, and as much as 24-10 in the first quarter...and that was playing without Josh Wright, one of the best players in this tournament. The Bobcats will have to play a great game though and cover Custer and not let him get his threes. The refs most likely will help Westmoreland again like last night, so Pickett will really have to be up for this game. Why didn't RBS foul Westmoreland when they had that 3 point lead and just seconds left in the game? Custer hit that 3 with 8 seconds to go to send it into overtime. A foul might have given them 2 points and they would have had to miss the 2nd and get the rebound to get three. RBS didn't play a good game... anyone watching would never say that. How many times did they throw the ball away? How many free throws did they miss? They played about the same as they did in the district. That Westmoreland excuse just doesn't fly.

825596735[/snapback]

Haven't you heard? People like you and dev fan have talked the Westmoreland

team out of coming, they are going to take their 28-1 record and not risk losing another to such a superior Pickett co. team. thumb <_< thumb

b-ball mania...I guess you didn't read what I said..."The Bobcats will have to play a great game"...means: don't take Westmoreland lightly

"Pickett will really have to be up for this game"...also means: don't take this game lightly. So where do you get the idea that I ever said Westmorealnd shouldn't show up?

825597179[/snapback]

It was so long, just got tired of reading it all. I have ADHD you know.

Maybe now after COMPLETLY reading this post the Westmoreland faithful will make

the trip up I-40 tomorrow night.

Good Luck Both Teams!

Hope it is a barn burner!