Giles Co/Cheatham Co

afan1222

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone in the Region tourney really want to play Giles County.  I feel bad for the winner of the Harpeth vs. Page game tomorrow night, especially if it is Page.  Holt still has his starters in the game...unbelievable.  I am a Giles County fan, but that is uncalled for.  Cheatham County couldn't come back if you spotted them 20 points.  This is just asking to get someone hurt.

Yeah, we must be listening to two different games.  I know what the commentators are saying on the Pulaski radio station.  I think one of the fouls was referred to as the Goldberg spear.

825592620[/snapback]

Honestly i would like to see waverly and giles co. play, it would test both teams. if both teams bring their a game then it should be a tough game. also if giles stop ricco, and waverly stops smith then it should be really close.

Congradulations giles on defeatin cheatham, hopefully we'll see ya soon.

Go TIGERS!! thumb

Guest catfish-hunter
Waverly is also gonna have to stop somone that is just as good as tyler in channing coffey.  The kid is a heck of a hs player.

825593164[/snapback]

He's their best player in my opinion.

As for the intentional fouls, I saw nothing wrong with the second one. But on the first, Channing was fully extented at the rim when the CC player cut his legs. In my opinion, Channing was very lucky not to have been hurt. He landed very hard and awkwardly.

As for the GC player looking foolish on the missed dunk. I wonder what makes you look more foolish, missing a two handed reverse dunk or having the same CC player clank two wide open lay-ups of the back of the rim in a matter of two minutes.

Dauber I would say both of them are quite embarrassing from the team perspective. I know the young man from Giles County got quite an earful from their coach on the next stppage of play as he came to the bench.

As for the intentional fouls both were in an effort to stop attempted dunks. The first by Moss was a very hard foul, but in my opinion it was not in an effort to hurt the Giles Co. player, Channing I believe. The second intentional foul saw Cheatham's Noel Smith reach out and grab the player from behind before he ever got into full dunk mode. Both calls were correct by the officials, but neither was intended to personally injure a Giles Co. player.

Let's face it no defensive team wants to be dunked on.

Edited by rolltide418

Honestly i would like to see waverly and giles co. play, it would test both teams. if both teams bring their a game then it should be a tough game. also if giles stop ricco, and waverly stops smith then it should be really close.

Congradulations giles on defeatin cheatham, hopefully we'll see ya soon.

Go TIGERS!! thumb

825592994[/snapback]

loretto highschool has played both waverly and giles....

IT WOULD BE ALL GILES COUNTY.. GILES COUNTY BY 16

loretto highschool has played both waverly and giles....

IT WOULD BE ALL GILES COUNTY.. GILES COUNTY  BY  16

825593358[/snapback]

THEY THINK U CAN SLOW DOWN GILES COUNTY! I WATCH THEM PRACTICE ALL THE TIME AND WHEN THEY ARE ON THEY ARE ON! PEOPLE ON THE TEAM NEED TO HAVE MORE HEART THEN WHAT THEY HAVE, U CAN BE SURE THAT TYLER AND MY COUSIN CHANNING WILL NOT GO WITH OUT A FIGHT! ONE THING THIS IS THEY LAST YEAR! THEY WILL WIN THE REGION! HOLLA BACK!

Edited by BIGTEN

To all 10aa teams out there. Although Giles beat Cheatham by a good bit, they are not the same team as the past two years. They have Tyler and Coffey and that's it! They have a couple of other role players but they are all very sub-par players. Waverly, even Harpeth has a good chance to beat them. Especially with their size they will give Giles trouble.

Now, to the intentional fouling. I'm not saying it's right but when you leave your starters in until midway through the 4th quarter in a blow out, then you have it coming. Kids are not strong minded in high school, if you keep trying to show them up then something is going to happen. Cheatham had been dunked on several times and Giles kept trying to throw alley-oops and leak out for dunks, it was just bound to happen doing that.

I would like to extend my condolences to the Cubs. They had a great second half of the year beating Waverly and most everyone they played. They just couldn't put it together during tournament time when you need to. I'm extremely proud to have known these 8 seniors and wish them the best of luck the rest of their lives.

Good luck to Sycamore, Waverly, and Harpeth. I'll Holla Back at them when one of them knocks off Giles.

To all 10aa teams out there. Although Giles beat Cheatham by a good bit, they are not the same team as the past two years. They have Tyler and Coffey and that's it! They have a couple of other role players but they are all very sub-par players. Waverly, even Harpeth has a good chance to beat them. Especially with their size they will give Giles trouble.

Now, to the intentional fouling. I'm not saying it's right but when you leave your starters in until midway through the 4th quarter in a blow out, then you have it coming. Kids are not strong minded in high school, if you keep trying to show them up then something is going to happen. Cheatham had been dunked on several times and Giles kept trying to throw alley-oops and leak out for dunks, it was just bound to happen doing that.

I would like to extend my condolences to the Cubs. They had a great second half of the year beating Waverly and most everyone they played. They just couldn't put it together during tournament time when you need to. I'm extremely proud to have known these 8 seniors and wish them the best of luck the rest of their lives.

Good luck to Sycamore, Waverly, and Harpeth. I'll Holla Back at them when one of them knocks off Giles.

825593533[/snapback]

So if none of them knocks giles off then what will you say then? Will you put your foot in your mouth? Edited by tcross