RED TIGER FANS WHERE DID YOU GO

BIGWEBB

Had to add this post from a different thread to this one:

With all of the bad talk going on about these three teams due to early postseason exits, I just wanted to take a quick second and congratulate these three teams on outstanding seasons...

The three teams combined for a record of 84-10!!! Though these three were knocked for easy schedules, all three had great seasons nonetheless, and and 84-10 combined mark is still VERY impressive...

I went to the Lexington game last night, and came away very impressed. For a team that caught alot of flack on these boards, Lexington is what's right about HS hoops. They are FAR from one of the most talented teams I have seen this year, but overacheive with great coaching, teamwork, team chemistry, defense, outside shooting, and unselfishness. Honestly, talenent for talent, I was surprised they were even in the game vs. Humbolt, more or less up for much of the first half... This is a team that beat Class A frontrunners Middleton (by 21!!!) and Trenton, beat AAA Region qualifyer Henry Co by 16, beat region semifinalist Ripley by 21, and went undefeated in their district on their way to 26 wins... I just wanted to say how impressed I was with this overacheiving ball club, and how much of a pleasure it was to watch them play, and be a part of a great atmosphere for HS hoops last night...

____

As for the game: Humbolt had superior talent and superior athleticism. Lexington did a great job getting the ball to Keck UNTIL Humbolt went to a half court trap and zone. They used this to take away the inside (which they did successfully), and force outside shots... It wasn't any mistake on Lexington's part to quit going to Keck, Humbolt simply countered with a defense to focus on taking away the inside game... In addition, Humbolt's Rose and Dotson REALLY stepped up big, and dominated Lexington inside, both offensively and on the boards... Humbolt was the heavy favorite (if you looked at the teams themselves and not records), and Lexington worked hard to hand in there... Gardner was oustanding, and showed court vision not commonly possessed by PG's of any level... But Humbolt was too athletic, and too strong for Lexington inside and on the boards...

825594049[/snapback]

gomab - just curious, you say Lexington was "overachieving"? like overachieve in winning a district that is tough? was Keck, Gilbert and Kevis just lucky overachievers ? I would say they are "outstanding" too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can explain that to ya. Most of the fans that get on here make them out to be by far the best team in the state, of course that is not true. They were a solid team this year but not top 10 like the polls said. They always, ALWAYS talked bad about my team and Willie Kemp and they even talked about how dumb our coach is...Rudesil has already gauranteed both the boys and girls team a spot in substate, and a good chance both will be at home....i really doubt there is another coach in the state taking both teams to substate. They talked about every team in the state if they had one fan that would stand up for them and tell them that Lexington isnt as good as they think. They deserve everything that gets said about them today and they deserve even more than we are allowed to say on coacht. Im sure there are some fans such as you and emmo and maybe a couple of others that have done nothing to get bad mouthed for but i think i can speak for everyone when i say that all the negative comments are directed towards the fans that talked crap to me and everyone else all year long. The game against Humboldt proves that they were no where near the level that Bolivar or even Liberty is on. They had a shot at beating Humboldt but they didnt, and we recently beat them by 22 and 35....i think its safe to say it wouldnt have been pretty if there dream matchup would have occured...and meals399 i know you didnt think yall would beat Bolivar anyway but everyone else did.

well....thats how i feel about things....i wouldnt have cared if they wouldnt have talked about how they would kill us in region, if they would have kept there mouth  shut about my team i would consider them just another West Carroll or Union City, great record, weak schedule, sittin at home the rest of the year.

825594068[/snapback]

btown - I think you are right about Rudesill - he is a top coach and I don't think anybody in there right mind in Lexington would deny that or that Kemp is a top notch guard light years ahead of any PG in West TN, BUT your frustration is more with the people that are misled into thinking that we have really accomplished something awesome by having a 20 win season. Now I wouldn't take anything away from Gardner's 20 win season IF he had marched through your district and taken on some of the other powerhouses like Rudesill has done. A top notched coach knows that they must face tough competition in order to get to the next level. Actually Gardner has a team from one of the largest schools in 2aa and he is still competing with 1a level schools - he knows this even before the beginnning of the season. I heard his assistant explain last year on coacht that this was necessary to get confidence. Well to a degree that might be true, but when you pad the whole season that way then you are misleading not only your players but those fans that don't understand the game. So really all the people that have challenged you on coacht shouldn't be blamed. If Gardner would just humble himself just a tad and explain this to the lunatics you wouldn't see all this crap on coacht. I am sure Rudesill takes some flak for his losses but he knows that makes a better team. I will say this though - and this is my opinion - we are a better team than most people think - we are not just Gardner and Gardner dependent. I think there is some real talent in Keck, but it is not used. Again Gilbert is just a gym rat (a Larry Bird type) and loves the game - with a little attention from someone who has actually played the game at another level (like a Rudisill) his star may have been as big as any in this state. And Kevis - the man can play the game at another level and nobody has seen it - he has speed and quickness and jump that very few people have - all he needs is a little confidence like he had before he came to the high school. Do I believe we could have beat Bolivar? Contrary to what Meals says we are tough team and the components are there to get to the next level. I won't say that we could beat you every time, but the key is if the game plan was right and we had a decent schedule (I don't care about 20 game winning season it literally means nothng) that prepared us Bolivar at the end of the season, then we could win the game. As for Humboldt, they are good but they are not that talented that we should have been slaughter by them as gomab is saying - now maybe we might have a talent gap between us and Bolivar, but like I said if the moon is right and the plan is in place, we could beat'em!

hackashaq,

its good to see someone from Lexington that hasnt been brainwashed this season. 20 wins is a good achievment no matter what the schedule looks like and it does indeed build confidence but i think there is one HUGE problem with it...it makes your team over confident when they blow teams out by 40 points every night and if they never face any competition they dont know how to handle it when it arrives and then they fold under the pressure. when you are dominating every night you get the mentality that you cant be beat but then when you face an equally talented team you are shellshocked that you arent up by 20 and then its over, unless your players know how to handle the situation. not to brag on my team or anything but how many teams have the experience and confidence to stay in the game after being down 18-2 after 1 quarter and come back and win by 20 against a team as talented as Liberty...if you didnt test yourself night in and night out the whole season you would probably just throw in the towell after the first.

im sure yall do have talented players that dont play to their potential and there is only 1 person to blame for that- the coach. a good coach will get the most potential possible out of a player. Mack is a good pg, i'd say top 5 in west tn, but the pg is the team leader and he has to push the rest of his team to play at the level its gonna take to get the W...i noticed on another thread some guy said he watched the Bolivar/Liberty game the other night and said it looked like Willie was doing as much coaching as Rudesil was.

i dont hold any grudge against Lexington or any of the fans i just got sick of reading the ignorant posts all year. any knowledgable fan knows that Mack isnt gonna school Willie when they play and that a coach that cant get his team out of region isnt the best coach in the state....heard those 2 all year long.

Is Lexington going to be in the same district next season with Bolivar? What teams will make up Lexingtons district next season?

825596740[/snapback]

they sure are...bet they dont schedule but 1 game with us and Liberty though. the district is the same as ours is now minus Humboldt and the additions are Lexington and i think Camden. if i read it right on tssaa our region will be made up with a district from middle tn...i think thats kinda crazy to have to travel that far for a region game.

hackashaq,

im sure yall do have talented players that dont play to their potential and there is only 1 person to blame for that- the coach. a good coach will get the most potential possible out of a player. Mack is a good pg, i'd say top 5 in west tn, but the pg is the team leader and he has to push the rest of his team to play at the level its gonna take to get the W...i noticed on another thread some guy said he watched the Bolivar/Liberty game the other night and said it looked like Willie was doing as much coaching as Rudesil was.

i dont hold any grudge against Lexington or any of the fans i just got sick of reading the ignorant posts all year. any knowledgable fan knows that Mack isnt gonna school Willie when they play and that a coach that cant get his team out of region isnt the best coach in the state....heard those 2 all year long.

825596729[/snapback]

Rest easy - Kemp like I said light years ahead of any of the point guards in West Tn. As for top 5 in West TN for Mack? He is tough in our soft district, but against the tougher teams nobody can say for sure because it has not really been proven. A tough schedule would easily make it obvious. If you throw Memphis into West Tn, I don't think that your comparison would be true. Mack has good passing/dribbling skills/court awareness, but he is short with no jump and not real 1st step quickness which is a killer in the lane against the big boys in the big games. Shooting skills are at best average. There has been a terrific sales job for Mack while others are literally forgotten. He is good, but again I think when comparing him to Keck - Gilbert - Buckley they are just as good as Mack and deserve the outstanding title also if Mack and coach do. Like I said - Gilbert is a REAL gym rat (I have seen him shooting at the park past midnite, THIS GUY REALLY LOVES THE GAME, has a work ethic like Larry Bird) and deserves just as much "outstanding" recognition as Mack or coach Gardner. I expect to see him coaching high school bball one day. Buckley is literally a Jarrett Jones type player. I won't say he has the shot that Jones had, but he has the same killer 1st step quickness and jumping skills that Jones had. Kevis may get the shot down by next year - in my opinion Gardner has knocked his confidence off by yanking him out so much after he shoots - if he did the same with Mack, Mack would not hit the backboard. And Keck - ummm?? the body of a D1 player, a very hard worker - I know some may disagree but he can jump, has a sweet left hand shot and has worked on his right side - and needless to say the guy can flat swat the ball on defense - the lane belongs to him. I'd like to see him get the green light to shoot the 3 in some of the wipe out games just to see what he could do. Keck will need a Rudisill to get to the next level (he has the body of the Perry County great that went on to Indiana a few years back), but I am hearing he is thinking baseball which he is great at also. Beecham when open can bury a 3 pretty easily. Mack is good, but the gap between him and Kemp is very wide and as for Mack getting "outstanding" recognition when comparing him to a team of "overachievers" as some are saying? That to me is nothing but a kiss with a kick in the stomach at the same time. I don't think that is a fair to the team itself. But hey, break out the Pizza, rack the pool balls, the season is over with and as usual the backdoor apology plaques will be given out during the coach's annual basketball recognition dinner .

Is Lexington going to be in the same district next season with Bolivar? What teams will make up Lexingtons district next season?

825596740[/snapback]

District 12 next year:

Bolivar Central

Camden

Chester County

Jackson South Side

Lexington

Liberty Magnet

McNairy Central

District 11 next year:

Cheatham County

Creek Wood

Fairview

Harpeth

Montgomery Central

Stewart County

Sycamore

Waverly

Now, what I find really funny is that for Lexington and Camden to get to Bolivar next year for our games, we're going to have to drive past North Side and USJ to get there.

While I am at it, let me post District 14 teams:

Covington

Fayette-Ware

Haywood County

Jackson Northside

Ripley

Univ. School Jackson

Now, I know this has already been exhausted and I am not 100% sure how districts are formed, I do know Bolivar's principal is on the TSSAA board of control.......and I know the region/sub-state Bolivar will be in is going to be a heckuva lot easier than the Memphis alternative, which geographically speaking, is a much, much better fir for Bolivar..........which makes me wonder, which school really is trying to find the easy schedule?

I'm this far into it so let add something here. Let us look at districts 9 and 10:

District: 9

CPA

David Lipscomb

Ezell-Harding

Franklin Road Academy

Hume-Fogg

MLK

Pearl-Cohn (side note, I look forward to the Nashville private schools visiting Pearl-Cohn, that will be funny)

District 10:

Giles County

Lewis County

Loretto

Marshall County

Page

Spring Hill

Now, once again geographically speaking, should district 10 not be district 11 and district 11 be district 10 from a travel purpose standpoint? Correct me if I am wrong, but districts 9/11 and districts 10/12 seems to make much more logical "regions" than what will actually be. So once again, what principal has power, and who looks like they are tring to avoid the big boys for as long as possible come tournament time?

Edited by Meals399

dude we dont have to have an easy schedule to win cause we win anyway!! everyone kills me with this crap....we dont go to Memphis now, we're not goin next year, nothing has changed. if anyone should be happy it should be the Memphis teams for not havin to face Bolivar....their pride and joy Raleigh-Egypt hasnt had much fun playin against Bolivar recently...Bolivar has won 3 straight over the best they have to offer.

and just think....this is coming from someone from Lexington.

dude we dont have to have an easy schedule to win cause we win anyway!! everyone kills me with this crap....we dont go to Memphis now, we're not goin next year, nothing has changed. if anyone should be happy it should be the Memphis teams for not havin to face Bolivar....their pride and joy Raleigh-Egypt hasnt had much fun playin against Bolivar recently...Bolivar has won 3 straight over the best they have to offer.

825597738[/snapback]

btowntiger,,,,you talk more or just as much garbage as anyone else on these boards,,you dish it right back when some one has said something or start it and then say everyone is bashing Bolivar,,,,it is all fun,,,enjoy the ride now with bolivar while you can,,,,i know that you guys have had a good ride the past couple of yrs with Ashley Champion, Cameron Crisp, Tron Sain, Willie, the big transfer (Chism), and so forth and so on,,,,i know that you guys have won the state,,,,which every team dreams of,,,,you guys are going to be as tough as nails again next yr,,,,,everyone knows that,,,,,,you have a big target on your back,,,,,,not only should you love that,,,,,,but you should know that people are ready for you,,,,,,everyone wants to talk the talk,,,,beat you ,,,,,,and then rub it in your face,,,,,nothing personal,,just how it is,,,,,it will happen again next yr,,,,,,deal with it,,,,,the target will continue to be on your back and everyone wants a piece of bolivar ,,,,,and even more if they win it again this yr....LATER :ph34r: thumb

Edited by BigPun19

btowntiger,,,,you talk more or just as much garbage as anyone else on these boards,,you dish it right back when some one has said something or start it and then say everyone is bashing Bolivar,,,,it is all fun,,,enjoy the ride now with bolivar while you can,,,,i know that you guys have had a good ride the past couple of yrs with Ashley Champion, Cameron Crisp, Tron Sain, Willie, the big transfer (Chism), and so forth and so on,,,,i know that you guys have won the state,,,,which every team dreams of,,,,you guys are going to be as tough as nails again next yr,,,,,everyone knows that,,,,,,you have a big target on your back,,,,,,not only should you love that,,,,,,but you should know that people are ready for you,,,,,,everyone wants to talk the talk,,,,beat you ,,,,,,and then rub it in your face,,,,,nothing personal,,just how it is,,,,,it will happen again next yr,,,,,,deal with it,,,,,the target will continue to be on your back and everyone wants a piece of bolivar ,,,,,and even more if they win it again this yr....LATER :unsure:  thumb

825598441[/snapback]

When you win the championship you have the right to talk all you want until you get dethroned. If we lose this year then it will be someone elses turn. The stuff i say isnt "garbage" just simply the truth. If Bolivar played the Grizzlies you wouldnt see me sayin we are gonna whoop them when truly i know we would get killed. Northside- talk all they want they beat us, Liberty-talk all they want they beat us,Fayette-Ware- you have the right to talk too, Poplar Bluff Missouri- go right ahead....ok now, if your team wasnt mentioned just sit back, relax, and watch Bolivar bring home another gold ball thumb

put the target on us i could care less.....looks like someone needs to do some target practice cause nobody has hit it yet.

825597738[/snapback]

Hey, I'm just stating the obivous. Have you ever heard me say Lexington's schedule isn't soft? I hope they put them through the gauntlet next year to get them ready for the tounaments. Heck, I'd much rather be in a district with you guys than North Side. We were in their district when I was in high school, no thanks.

I'm just having some fun with the "Green Tigers,"as Coach Stowe always calls them. But the 9/10 and 11/12 regional allignment makes little to no sense to me.

they sure are...bet they dont schedule but 1 game with us and Liberty though. the district is the same as ours is now minus Humboldt and the additions are Lexington and i think Camden. if i read it right on tssaa our region will be made up with a district from middle tn...i think thats kinda crazy to have to travel that far for a region game.

825596762[/snapback]

You can thank your principal for that one. He is on the board that decided the new districts and regions. Instead of being in a region with haywood, fayette-ware and covington yall are in a much easier region. Even more importantly instead of playing a team out of memphis in sub state yall get to play a team from middle tn. You would think with bolivar being so close to brownsville, covington, and memphis would have to play with them but it looks like your principal took good care of yall.