NO.2 IN THE NATION!

doedoe1961

Congrats to the girls and coaches at Mt. Juliet. You may not know this but there is a really good chance for you to win the National Title. Christ the King still has to play in a very very tough inner-city tourney that they have lost in the past three years. The team that beat them is the 10th place team in the Nation Murry Bergtraum which happens to have the best point guard in the nation in the 2006 class and from what I hear is picked to beat Christ the King again. The two teams do not play in the regular season even though they are only 15 min apart.

Showtime7, I know this sounds rediculous and you might think I am an idiot, but I am calling it now that Mt. Juliet will get upset and not win the state championship...I honestly think they will get knocked off in the second round of state if not before that...It's just always seems to be bad luck win you have an undefeated team come tourny time...It would be great to see it happen, but I am calling it now, it wont!

Showtime7, I know this sounds rediculous and you might think I am an idiot, but I am calling it now that Mt. Juliet will get upset and not win the state championship...I honestly think they will get knocked off in the second round of state if not before that...It's just always seems to be bad luck win you have an undefeated team come tourny time...It would be great to see it happen, but I am calling it now, it wont!

825596710[/snapback]

Doubt it.

Congratulations coaches and players on your ranking. You guys have earned it. It is nice to see year in and year out at least 1 tennessee team competing for a national championship. It continues to show why tn. has the best girls basketball in the country. Good luck the rest of the way b/c you always need it to win any championship no matter how good you are.

Showtime7,

How do you think Mt. Juliet would have faired if they played in the Tournament of Champions in Phoenix? You still think they would be undefeated? Also, do they deserve the national championship even though they didn't compete in that prestigous tournament? Just food for though.

BTW, I don't think anyone is gonna touch Mt. Juliet. The chemistry, talent, and coaching is there. Chris and John remember 2000 when they got upset by Hamilton. This is M.J's year...finally!

Congratulations coaches and players on your ranking.  You guys have earned it.  It is nice to see year in and year out at least 1 tennessee team competing for a national championship.  It continues to show why tn. has the best girls basketball in the country.  Good luck the rest of the way b/c you always need it to win any championship no matter how good you are.

825596788[/snapback]

Amen, Coach2001. I'm a Shelbyville fan and am familiar with the experience. When Shelbyville is down, it's nice to see another Tennessee program take up the slack in national recognition. MJ has built this program to a high level over the last five years and deserves much credit. As to "KnowAlot's" comments above, teams that make it to the state playoffs with undefeated schedules are often teams that have played weak schedules or not been able to play some of the better programs outside their region. This is not the case with Mt. Juliet. They have played the best programs in the state this year - Wilson Central, Oakland, Shelbyville - and toyed with them. Mt. Juliet is head and shoulders above the rest and should have little problem (unless Clark gets injured - always a possibility) winning the Gold Ball...and possibly the national championship if Christ the King falls to Murray Baugstrum (NY).

Showtime7,

How do you think Mt. Juliet would have faired if they played in the Tournament of Champions in Phoenix? You still think they would be undefeated? Also, do they deserve the national championship even though they didn't compete in that prestigous tournament? Just food for though.

BTW, I don't think anyone is gonna touch Mt. Juliet. The chemistry, talent, and coaching is there. Chris and John remember 2000 when they got upset by Hamilton. This is M.J's year...finally!

825596820[/snapback]

Shelbyville played in the Nike TOC in Phoenix last year with Fuller hurt and went 2-2. By the end of the year, even though Shelbyville's final national ranking was #23, I have no doubt - with Fuller back to being healthy and winning the AAA Gold Ball, they were one of the top 5 teams in the country. I believe Mt. Juliet's team this year is as good as last year's strong Shelbyville team, and I believe they would have had a chance of winning the strongest flight at the Nike TOC this year. The USA Today's Christopher Lawlor, and the previous girl's basketball guru at the paper, have always regarded Tennessee basketball highly - mainly thanks to Shelbyville's national successes in the late '80s and early '90s. They put a high degree of judgement on a team's performance at the Nike TOC, and for them to be placing MT. J. so high w/o their appearing at the event shows they've heard some great things about this strong group of ladies! Any year a team can dominate Tennessee basketball (not just be undefeated), the team deserves to be at least in the top 10 nationally. The Bears are that good! And you heard it from an Eaglette fan.