Greenbrier - David Lipscomb IV

bogus

David Lipscomb 82 Greenbrier 60

DL definitely came out early, did what they had to do, and did not look back. I'm sure that was the gameplan all along ... set the tone early. Greenbrier, as they have had trouble in pretty much every meeting this year, couldn't really contain Brock ... he dropped 21 on them. Josh Slater had another heck of a game, dropping 23 points ... sophomore, yea. In my opinion, I thought Mayes did great pretty good job containing Brandt. What a great game played by David Lipscomb. Catsbball said it, they do what they need to do when it counts.

Unofficial Stats for the game ...

Stats for David Lipscomb:

Slater - 23 points

Brock - 21 points, 11 rebounds

Pharr - 12 points

Mayes - 8 points (played out on the perimeter on Brant 90% of the game)

James - 7 points

Solomon - 4 points

Mallernee - 3 points

Hunt - 3 points

Stats for Greenbrier:

Brant - 14 points

Shepherd - 10 points

Coleman - 10 points

Adams - 8 points

Dorris - 5 points

Caton - 5 points

Greer - 4 points (only in first .. DL did a great job of shutting him down)

#20(don't have a name) - 2 points

And if DL plays this great against MLK tomorrow night, you're right Catsbball .. watch out.

GO MUSTANGS

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to David Lipscomb on the win. They played an outstanding game. The sophomore Slater has made a huge contribution to your team off the bench. He will be a great high school player before his career is over. Good luck in the finals and substate. It would be nice to see two 8-AA teams make it to state. Greenbrier will be there cheering you on.

Congratulations to Greenbrier (21-11) on a great season. Their first 20 win season since 1988, their first region appearance since 1998, and only 2 home losses. This team has a lot to be proud of. The seven seniors set an example both on and off the court with their leadership, character, and work ethic. This team filled a once empty gym. You have been a very special group of young men. Hopefully the underclassmen will follow their lead and keep Greenbrier basketball on the rise.

Thanks for the memories.

Until next fall...........................

It sounds like a great game was played last night by DL. Congratulations to the Mustangs.

I echo the seniments to the Greenbrier team. You have brought life back to the Greenbrier gymnasium and brought the crowds and the enthusiasm back this year. The student section just kept getting bigger.

Thanks for the memories to the SUPER SEVEN...you guys have been so fun to watch grow (and grow and grow some more) through your years at Greenbrier be it in height or in character, or both. Just like the football team, you have raised the standard for the ones that will follow in your footsteps.

Graduation is fast approaching, and as you go on to college, I wish you all well. Some of you will be attending the same college as our son, so it will be a pleasure to be able to see you occasionally even after this year ends.

Let me add my thanks to the seven Seniors for your hard work! Thanks, Kenton, Jonathan, Jacob, Jeffery, Justin, Dustin, and Curtis! You will be missed on the Bobcat basketball team.

Catsball1, whoever he may be, has never been anything but respectful on this board.  So even if it is Logan, he has nothing to be ashamed of...and in fact alot to be proud of.  He is a good player.

825601582[/snapback]

First Question... WHERE WAS THE DEFENSE?!?

I hate to burst the David Lipscomb bubble, but don't look forward to putting up the same numbers tonight. With the Royals hold Brock and Mayes in check 3 times already this season, Brock won;t have a double -- double and MLK will clean up on the boards. Also the swarming Royal defense will be in full force tonight. I mean for the 6 seniors on this team, it's their last game versus Lipscomb, unless they completely go all out and make it to the State finals, so look for the Seniors to play hard and come out hot.

By the way, Bobcats, What happened to fronting Brock and Mayes last night?

I'm telling you thats the only way to get the W versus the Mustangs.

BIG BEN

I hate to burst the David Lipscomb bubble, but don't look forward to putting up the same numbers tonight.  With the Royals hold Brock and Mayes in check 3 times already this season, Brock won;t have a double -- double and MLK will clean up on the boards.  Also the swarming Royal defense will be in full force tonight.  I mean for the 6 seniors on this team, it's their last game versus Lipscomb, unless they completely go all out and make it to the State finals, so look for the Seniors to play hard and come out hot. 

I'm telling you thats the only way to get the W  versus the Mustangs.

BIG BEN

825602067[/snapback]

Doc might get out coached in this one.....

Long drive down to Walker Valley....

I hate to burst the David Lipscomb bubble, but don't look forward to putting up the same numbers tonight.  With the Royals hold Brock and Mayes in check 3 times already this season, Brock won;t have a double -- double and MLK will clean up on the boards.  Also the swarming Royal defense will be in full force tonight.  I mean for the 6 seniors on this team, it's their last game versus Lipscomb, unless they completely go all out and make it to the State finals, so look for the Seniors to play hard and come out hot. 

BIG BEN

825602067[/snapback]

First, the defense was there last night, but so was DL's shooting. No matter how good a defense you play, the other team will always get open shots, and the way DL was shooting last night, every open shot was falling. Brock isn't known to be an outside shooter and he hit a jumper or two, and Mayes hasn't proved to be the best foul shooter this year, but I know he hit at least 4/4 last night, maybe more. Plus, we were fronting the post if they were on the low block. If they moved up above the block we were backing them. When we backed them above the block they didn't do much but pass it back out. Brock didn't score very many of his points on straight post ups, maybe about 6-8. He probably got about 8 points on free throws, and he drove a time or two for a layup, and sometimes as GB was trying to front him, he was able to seal (which is what we were trying to avoid last time we played them bc both posts are great at sealing you above them) and then he got the easy layup because we were stuck trying to get around him. Also, he got a good number of rebounds and easy putbacks (when DL actually missed a shot) bc he had good position on the boxout when DL shot the long ball bc we were in front of him. He is a great player though, and he knows how to play the post very well.

GB had a great year and had many good accomplishments this year...thanks to all the seniors for making this a year to remember. To DL and MLK, we will be cheering for you to bring the gold ball back to 8AA. Good luck.

BIG BEN

825602067[/snapback]

i hate to burst your bubble but the almighty royals fall to david lipscomb tonight.

please tell us again the only way to beat lipscomb. have a glass of water with your crow.