Jackson County Vs David Lipscomb

Ragland_JC_1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim should not have got the technical tonight. He was up 4 points with about 31/2minutes on the clock. For a referee to make sure a call for eye contact that is

b_ll. I have never seen a whole student sections get throw out of a gym before. I hope the mustangs takes advantage of the two freebie's the referee from east tn gave them this week. The big doppy referee I hope for east tn association that walker valley did not send those referee's to do a number on 7aa

this week.

Edited by bigAsports

Jim should not have got the technical tonight.  He was up 4 points with about 31/2minutes on the clock.  For a referee to make sure a call for eye contact that is

b_ll.  I have never seen a whole student sections get throw out of a gym before.  I hope the mustangs takes advantage of the two freebie's the referee from east tn gave them this week.  The big doppy referee I hope for east tn association that walker valley did not send those referee's to do a number on 7aa

this week.

825598247[/snapback]

Agreed, the technical on Brown was ridiculous.

And the ref ejecting the Jackson Co. student section -- also ridiculous. Did a chant of "Good Game Refs" really offend him that much?

Boo O'Reilly! (about five people get that joke)

Great season Lady Blue Devils! thumb

First off, before I begin my rant, I have a few props and slops to give.

Props to the Lady Blue Devils of Jackson County firstmost. You girls played absolutely awesome against what seemed to be unbeatable odds. You surprised many from other teams, but we know what you were capable of, are capable of, and will be capable of.

Props to Coach Jim Brown. You are an awesome coach who has taken this team beyond what anybody would have dreamed of. I'm sure there are schools out there who would love to grab you who probably pay a lot more money than you receive now, and yet you stay where your roots are. I admire that.

Props to the Fans who got ejected (and yes, I was one of them). To walk out with a smile on your face and laughing (I was one of them laughing :ph34r: ) is again admirable.

Props to the Upperman Lady Bees. You girls played a very good season as well and deserve to go further then what you did.

Slops to any 13AA fan who opens his or her mouth about the absence of 7AA. Unless you were there at the games, perhaps you have a right to speak. Otherwise. you don't. I never said a word about 7AA dominating 13AA and I don't expect any replies to this particular post mentioning it. I wish you the best of luck in sub-state and state. Props to those of you that don't say anything.

Slops to the Referees for tonight's UHS/Hume Fogg and JCHS/Lipscomb games. This year has surprised me in how incompetent some referees are, but tonight absolutely takes the cake. Calls during the first half were going for JCHS, and then against the second. To call a technical on Coach Jim Brown, and not on the Lipscomb coach who was doing far more than what Brown was doing was absurd and idiotic. And then to eject an entire student section because of two or three people...words can't describe what I feel about that. All I can say is that for the benefit of TSSAA and all participating schools, if you fall into this category, go back to your day job, because it's people like you that frustrates the fans and causes incidents like this to happen.

I think that about covers it. I guess I covered my rant in my slops to the referees. Cudos to the fans tonight. Oh, and Chuck, I'll be waiting for that nomination on the best student section. :lol:

Bobby

The technical on Coach Brown was the most obsurd case of a ref taking the game competley from one team and giving it to another team. 6 point swing on one possesion, just uncalled for.

The tossing the entire cheering section for the words of a few, once again (by the same ref that called the technical) the most immature case of a ref abusing his power.

I dont know what else to say, seriously, JCHS should have won the game, the ref took it away, nuff said.

DLHS is a team of destiny after two strait games given to them, yes the York game was given to them too, I was there. :ph34r:

I am gonna object to the York-DL game comment. If DL who had a big lead would have hit shots toward the end, then York would have never been in I wasn't at the game tonight but I will almost promise you it was the same ref that T'ed up a Macon Co. player that was on the bench for saying "foul." Never gave a warning or anything, just t'ed the bench up. Cheapest thing I've ever seen. The same ref the next night put four of Station Camp's starters single handidly on the bench with foul trouble. They were terrible and they done nothing but hurt both teams. I can't comment on the Brown thing, but to toss an entire student section out is weak and that shows that the ref knew that he had lost his own cool. And BTW, Coach Smith at Lipscomb can say more to a ref and have less done to him than anyone I've ever seen. He has it down to an art.

Well here we go, let the excuse parade start. You are all right the refs have been horrible, but both teams play with the same referees and they favor nobody! OK Jackson County fans go ahead and say it we got beat!!! That's all you have to say. I am wondering if anyone in York has thought about what kind of team you would have had if the Ross twins had played there again this year. I believe they would be the state champs hands down. Once again practice a little humility and just say we got beat! I have been to numerous state tournaments over the past few years and have enjoyed rooting on 7AA to the state championship. If DL or HF do make the state tournament, I hope you 7AA fans get behind them like we have you all the past 100,000 years it seems like and root them on!

Well I didn't say that it was for sure so Oletimer settle yourself. The guy that t'ed up Macon wasn't fair at all, he was terrible. They have been terrible all week but I'm like wtaylor, everyone has to play with the same ones....usually if your team loses then they done enough wrong themselves to lose the game.....one person or a ref never loses one for you.