cosby/rockwood semifinals region 1A

cowboyboom

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toss-up.

Hackler should defend Blakney better than CAK's posts. With Peddicord taking some turns.

I think Cosby's #44 won't get many open looks versus Rockwood. I'm waiting for Manning to have a big game in this one. He's been sitting back, being patient, not forcing anything the last few games......

Rockwood wants to make this a halfcourt game, obviously. With their 2 big men, they will want to take advantage of Cosby's lack of height.

Cosby, as usual, has the edge from behind the arc. Rockwood will need to make a couple early 3's to stretch Cosby's defense and open the middle for Hackler, Harvest and Peddicord.

Coaching is even, both will have good game plans and their teams will be ready.

I'll go Cosby by 5 in a heck of a chess game.

The now seemingly annual match-up (And starting twice next year with the Tigers move to District 3) will be fully covered by CockeCountySports.NET.

In 2003, the Eagles won by the hair of their chin after trailing by double-digits in the last 1:30 down at Midway.

Last year, the Eagles lost at Rockwood in a Sauna in the pre-game before the Ice Bears played at the gym (Someone thought they would open the gym door to the outside at halftime in a hot gym to cool off the inside. Instead they made the court as slick as ice.)

So this is the rubber-match.

Should be a fun one. thumb

Hey cowboy you may need to click the edit button Cosby vs Rockwood is Region 2. ;) And just like the past few years this matchup should be another Instant Classic. PT Sports Writer mentioned the games from '03 and I can verify from first hand experience that those were the toughest games we had all year. As far as the coaching matchup I don't see a big advantage either way.

I expect that the crowd will be into this one just like always. I know I'll be there supporting the Big Blue. thumb

Go Eagles!!!!!!!!

Well here we are again, it seems like every year we have to deal with those Eagles. Cosby is probably the favorite coming in due to the small floor, and their ability to light it up from the outside. The Tigers are probably the more prepared team, being a former player, i know that Coach K. has got them scouted well and will have the right defender on the right guy. I know that the Tigers live for these moments of being the under dogs and usually play well. Jamie Hackler and Corey Payne need to get going early if Rockwood is going to win. Ellery Harvest and Zach Peddicord will play defense and make it difficult for Cosby to get into rythm. David Butler is probably the most under-rated starter in the Region, he will have a good night if forgotten about. If Billy Moffit settles down and plays his game then he will have success, whether it be beating the press or just running the team. The Tigers are an all around team and will play tough tomorrow night ...................

Rockwood by 7

One thing I think Rockwood has to do is challenge Blakely and make him work on defense. Oneida didn't really make him work hard on the defensive end and I think they need to wear him down somehow. Blakely and Hackler may not be matches up together and if that's the case then I think Butler, Peddicord, Willis, Harvest or whoever he guards needs to be aggressive and make him work. They don't necessarily have to get him in foul trouble, but they cannot allow him to float free on defense like he did against Oneida.

As far as Cosby's shooters, they'll find ways to get open. The key is to make them work extra hard at it. Any Tiger in the game cannot rest for a second or that's when he and the team will get burnt. Give help, recover and rotate.

Oh well, I guess I'm just that these teams had better bring it for 32 minutes (or maybe more) Thursday night.

Good luck Tigers.

I will donate my time to be the official time-keeper for tonights contest (I am sure the Tiger faithful would love that). I will arrive with my stopwatch and air horn. No slap against Rockwood, but I hate a team has to end their season losing like that. Should be a good game - I predict Cosby hits a game winning shot with 1.5 seconds left. We will see if the Tigers whine when the shoe is on the other foot.