Temple vs. Grace IV

bigbody1220

Opinions are funny things.  You also had the opinion that Grace would lose to CCS by 3 last night, but we all can be wrong from time to time.  The fact of the matter is that Parshall is good enough to play D I.  Just because someone may not be recruited doesn't necessarily mean they do not have the talent to play on that level.  Parshall knows more than anyone that if he would have pushed himself earlier in his career, he would be going D I right now.  Look at Christian Moody for Kansas.  He was recruited by a few mid-major programs but he walked on at Kansas and is now their 6th man and contributes 6 and 4 every night.  The question is not whether Parsall will play D I, but does he have the talent to? Of course he does.  Remember, there are 317 D I men's basketball teams.  I am sure he could fill a roster spot somewhere...

825601346[/snapback]

Ahhh... SNAP!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will end this debate right now.  Zach Dragoo (class AA from CSAS) and Keith Galloway(class A from LV) both walked on and played at UTC which is a very good mid-major program and Parshall is better than both of them. Are you seriously saying that programs like Elon, Bethune-Cookman, Belmont, or Gardner Webb wouldn't want Parshall?  He is going to put the time and work into making this happen, and the program that gets him will be the better for it.

825601452[/snapback]

Nice, I wish I had saved my snap for this one.

I will end this debate right now.  Zach Dragoo (class AA from CSAS) and Keith Galloway(class A from LV) both walked on and played at UTC which is a very good mid-major program and Parshall is better than both of them. Are you seriously saying that programs like Elon, Bethune-Cookman, Belmont, or Gardner Webb wouldn't want Parshall?  He is going to put the time and work into making this happen, and the program that gets him will be the better for it.

825601452[/snapback]

haha no neither of them walked on and played...they walked on and went straight to put the jersey on and sit on the end of the bench and never get in a game, haha when i still was in chatt i went to almost all of the games and neither of them played a single minute of a game i was there..parshall cannot and will not play d-1..it is just a totally different ball game than what you guys think..i mean justin hare is a hundred times better than parshall and he is coming off the bench at belmont, and you want to tell me parshall can go do that...i dont think so, and im not bashing the kid but there is just a big difference between naia and d-1, in my opinion he coudln't even play at the school i attend, its just a different level than single a basketball, but keep saying what you guys want

Edited by mnewballer21

Why not?  Are you telling me that D I schools in the Atlantic Sun, Colonial, or even Southern Conferences wouldn't want a player of Parshall's caliber.  Obviously, no one thinks he is good enough for the big time programs, but to say he isn't D I material is ill-conceived.

825601103[/snapback]

I love grace and am a huge fan, but no way on God's green earth would JP play D-1. I love him but he is just way to slow. He does not have close enough quickness or ball handling skills to play major college ball. Maybe low NAIA if he is lucky. thumb

haha no neither of them walked on and played...they walked on and went straight to put the jersey on and sit on the end of the bench and never get in a game, haha when i still was in chatt i went to almost all of the games and neither of them played a single minute of a game i was there..parshall cannot and will not play d-1..it is just a totally different ball game than what you guys think..i mean justin hare is a hundred times better than parshall and he is coming off the bench at belmont, and you want to tell me parshall can go do that...i dont think so, and im not bashing the kid but there is just a big difference between naia and d-1, in my opinion he coudln't even play at the school i attend, its just a different level than single a basketball, but keep saying what you guys want

825601554[/snapback]

What does that mean? They were still good enough to sit the bench D I. I never said Parshall could lead the ACC in scoring, but he is good enough to ride the pine somewhere. Remember, and I'll say it again; There are freakin' 317 D I teams!

What does that mean? They were still good enough to sit the bench D I.  I never said Parshall could lead the ACC in scoring, but he is good enough to ride the pine somewhere.  Remember, and I'll say it again; There are freakin' 317 D I teams!

825601672[/snapback]

That doesn't mean anything. That equals somewhere in the area of 4,755 players. Now when looking at the U.S. and overseas, that is a very small #. 317 schools sounds good but in basketball that doesn't equal a lot of players. If it was football where you need a lot of players then yes he would have a great chance. I hope J.P. does well at a NAIA school and not sit the bench if that at an NCAA school. Good luck tonight!!

What does that mean? They were still good enough to sit the bench D I.  I never said Parshall could lead the ACC in scoring, but he is good enough to ride the pine somewhere.  Remember, and I'll say it again; There are freakin' 317 D I teams!

825601672[/snapback]

no they weren't good enough to sit the bench d1, it was just a note of charity from henry dickerson...but anyway parshall would not even sit the bench for savannah state...there is just that big of a difference between d1 and naia that you just have no clue about so stop trying to argue it

Edited by mnewballer21

Both teams had pretty good wins tonight.  After seeing both teams play tonight, whats everyones predictions?

825600051[/snapback]

Didn't get to see last night; heard çaleb did well even with the sore hamstring, and Mouw and Seth were able to score enough to help prevail. I think Grace will bring everything they can muster tonight to this game. Temple will have to box out and play tough defense and be able to adjust quickly to whatever Grace offers them defensively-and hit the free throws down the stretch. And I think everything at the end will be significant; I think it will be close. My prediction: Temply by 3. :)

no they weren't good enough to sit the bench d1, it was just a note of charity from henry dickerson...but anyway parshall would even not sit the bench for savannah state...there is just that big of a difference between d1 and naia that you just have no clue about so stop trying to argue it

825601723[/snapback]

All I have to say is, ask Zack Dragoo and Keith Galloway if it was a favor or if they earned it. That's ignorant of you to say. Perhaps, they would give you a clue.

ive played against dragoo..he's not the caliber of player that plays d1...if he's so good, how come he only once in a blue moon so action in a game?

825601886[/snapback]

I've played with both and know both. All I am saying is that they were good enough to play D I and so is Parshall. He says he wants to work hard and play D I eventually. Only time will tell...