HOW DOES THAT CARTER COUNTY TOP 5 LOOK NOW

LanderMan

1) Unaka

2) Elizabethton

3) Cloudland

4) Hampton

5) Happpy Valley

Gee, that was simple. Throughout 2005 we've been told that the Greeneville Tournament Collapse - a three game embarrassment - shouldn't be held against the Lady Cyclones; that instead, we should take into account that Elizabethton defeated Greeneville. But Greeneville also defeated Elizabethton. And to extend that EHS vs GHS logic: Cloudland did indeed defeat Unaka. But Unaka defeated Cloudland ....Three Times.

"No doubt," corner? No doubt is when one team beats the other on the court.

Unaka played a terrible second half. They lost for the first time since late November; and they are the Number One Ranked team in the State of Tennessee.

Besides, take notice of my very unbiased rankings system above. How could anyone disagree?

The Lady Cyclones are Regional Champions. Cloudland's Highlanders are Regional Champions; nearly worthy of the Lady'Landers being moved into a tie with the Lady Cyclones ....for second place.

But the Blunt Truth is: If Unaka plays at Coalfield, the way they played in the second half against the Lady Highlanders, we'll be talking about why the Lady Rangers' season ended so abrubtly. :rolleyes:

Edited by krichunaka

And while we're all rushing to crown ourselves number one .... IN CARTER COUNTY???....

....Maybe we should consider that the week doesn't end until Saturday.

and after the Saturday Night Specials play themselves out, maybe, just maybe we'll still have these three teams readying for the State Tournament.

1) Unaka

2) Elizabethton

3) Cloudland

4) Hampton

5) Happpy Valley

Gee, that was simple.  Throughout 2005 we've been told that the Greeneville Tournament Collapse - a three game embarrassment - shouldn't be held against the Lady Cyclones; that instead, we should take into account that Elizabethton defeated Greeneville.  But Greeneville also defeated Elizabethton.  And to extend that EHS vs GHS logic: Cloudland did indeed defeat Unaka.  But Unaka defeated Cloudland ....Three Times. 

"No doubt," corner?  No doubt is when one team beats the other on the court.

Unaka played a terrible second half.  They lost for the first time since late November; and they are the Number One Ranked team in the State of Tennessee. 

Besides, take notice of my very unbiased rankings system above.  How could anyone disagree?

The Lady Cyclones are Regional Champions.  Cloudland's Highlanders are Regional Champions; nearly worthy of the Lady'Landers being moved into a tie with the Lady Cyclones ....for second place. 

But the Blunt Truth is:  If Unaka plays at Coalfield, the way they played in the second half against the Lady Highlanders, we'll be talking about why the Lady Rangers' season ended so abrubtly.  :rolleyes:

825600934[/snapback]

Unbiased? Good defense Krich. You know what I think based on the lastest results. What happened early in the season is the past, this is the reality of what's going on now, but I do agree, the week is not over. Good luck, we'll all need a little bit of it.

Krich:

Its the post-season that counts in basketball. The regular season just sets the seeds. You know that. This Carter County top five stuff is really bunk. We shouldnt have let the Highlander fan bait us back into this. Right now, EHS is number one in Region 1 AA, and will see if they can hold serve at home saturday against the team thats been ranked one in the state AA for quite awhile. Unaka is number two in Region 1 A right now and will see if they can beat the R2A champ on the road. Cloudland is no 1 in R1A now, and they got the plaque to prove it, but it dont mean a thing unless they defend the Roan saturday.

Its time to put all this pettiness behind us and root for all three teams from here on out. So, I respectfully change my opinion, right now the top three teams in Carter County are still playing!!! It doesnt matter how you rank them!!!

Krich:

Its the post-season that counts in basketball.  The regular season just sets the seeds.  You know that.  This Carter County top five stuff is really bunk.  We shouldnt have let the Highlander fan bait us back into this.  Right now, EHS is number one in Region 1 AA, and will see if they can hold serve at home saturday against the team thats been ranked one in the state AA for quite awhile.  Unaka is number two in Region 1 A right now and will see if they can beat the R2A champ on the road.  Cloudland is no 1 in R1A now, and they got the plaque to prove it, but it dont mean a thing unless they defend the Roan saturday. 

Its time to put all this pettiness behind us and root for all three teams from here on out.  So, I respectfully change my opinion, right now the top three teams in Carter County are still playing!!!  It doesnt matter how you rank them!!!

825601099[/snapback]

Well said Corner. As I remarked in an earlier post, everyone knows my thoughts, but I'll keep it to myself and support Carter County.

It was I who predicted that all three would journey to Murfreesboro to play in the state tournament.

But it was I who also predicted Unaka to beat Cloudland.

Who's the top team in Carter County? I really don't care. It's mute.

However I would love to see all three reach the big dance. I never forget last year and how special it was to see Carter County represented so well.

Good Luck, Unaka, Cloudland and Elizabethton. I be on press row pulling for all you you.