Cloudland Region Champs!

unbiased1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the ladies from Stoney Creek wanted to win the rest of their games, But the Loss couldn't have come at a better time. 1 game earlier and the season would be over, 1 game later and the season is over. The season is one game long now and maybe this will reignite the flame under the Lady Rangers and get them through til March 12th with out another loss. Not to take Coalfield or Oneida lightly, but Cloudland and Unaka match up well against them.

Best wishes and good luck Saturday and next week.

Edited by unbiased1

Reserve guard Santana Clawson hit three threes in the fourth quarter. She actually had to sit out the final couple minutes with a stomach ache; but the damage was done, and her defense was, as always, remarkable. Conversely, Unaka missed enough open shots to lose several games.

Cloudland deserves full credit for an outstanding victory over the Rangers.

I think it was 28 - 20 at the half in Unaka's favor; the Lady Rangers led by 14 in the second quarter. But the missed layups, and otherwise pathetic offensive execution cost the Rangers the game. Fifteen points is by far, the least Unaka has scored in a half this season.

Again, credit Cloudland's defense in full; but we're talking about layups. LAYUPS!

It's a long drive to Coalfield. But with execution like we witnessed against Cloudland, it will be a much longer drive back to Stoney Creek.

Perhaps this is the wake-up call that the Lady Rangers needed. They have been riding high and havent played a tough opponent in a long time, except for Cloudland and perhaps Cosby. They may have thought they were unbeatable and now know they are. If they can re-focus, they can still get to where they want to be. The road is tougher now for sure, but do-able. The problem is they do not have much time to get over this disappointing loss. In 36 hours they will be on a bus to Coalfield. Dont stay down too long girls. Good luck Rangers and Highlanders.

Perhaps this is the wake-up call that the Lady Rangers needed.  They have been riding high and havent played a tough opponent in a long time, except for Cloudland and perhaps Cosby.  They may have thought they were unbeatable and now know they are.  If they can re-focus, they can still get to where they want to be.  The road is tougher now for sure, but do-able.  The problem is they do not have much time to get over this disappointing loss.  In 36 hours they will be on a bus to Coalfield.  Dont stay down too long girls.  Good luck Rangers and Highlanders.

825600852[/snapback]

Hancock County are behind the region winners!! Congratulations and good luck!

Good job, lady Landers and good job to the coach. I had a gut feeling that the Landers would win this game. They are a much better team than most people give them credit for. I was riding home with J. Lunsford's uncle this morning and talking about what a hard working girl she is as well as the rest of the ladies.

Krich, don't give up on the Lady Rangers. They still can win the state title. The girls ride home to Stoney Creek might be like the boys ride home last year. thumb You are right, however, when you say that layups are critical. Sometimes its the little things that confound the great ones.

Thanks, Storm, and NO WAY would I ever give up on them. They have plenty of talent, coaching and grit to go win at Coalfield, and in Murfreesboro.

Besides, I'll be at MTSU next Saturday regardless of how many of the County teams make it there. There's a Cattle Show and sale in the Argriculture Section around noon; I think it's the Hereford State Show and Sale.

There will be some Great looking females in "Maroon and White" in Murfreesboro next weekend; many of them with four legs. :blink:

Hopefully a dozen or so with two legs will be hoisting the Gold Ball Saturday night. thumb

Coming from a truly unbiased point of view. I think it is great to see that three teams from the same county have a chance to go to the State Tournament. Being personally involved in a league that is the haves versus the have nots in every sport, it is nice to see these small community schools in class A and AA succeed. You guys in these communities (Elizabethton, Stoney Creek, Roan Mountain, Hampton) are very fortunate that your schools never consolidated like Washington and Sullivan County did. Carter County shines the last rays of community pride in Northeast Tennessee. You guys care about your school, students, teams, and athletes. Growing up in a consolidated county school and now being involved at another I envy what you guys have. Good Luck

Coming from a truly unbiased point of view.  I think it is great to see that three teams from the same county have a chance to go to the State Tournament.  Being personally involved in a league that is the haves versus the have nots in every sport, it is nice to see these small community schools in class A and AA succeed.  You guys in these communities (Elizabethton, Stoney Creek, Roan Mountain, Hampton) are very fortunate that your schools never consolidated like Washington and Sullivan County did.  Carter County shines the last rays of community pride in Northeast Tennessee.  You guys care about your school, students, teams, and athletes.  Growing up in a consolidated county school and now being involved at another I envy what you guys have.  Good Luck

825602497[/snapback]

I will amen the NO to a consolidated 1 county school. Keep the community schools and see what kind of kids you produce. Loyal, hard working, and above all, community pride. It is the building block of a great County. BTW, Morgan is the same way. No Consolidated H.S. and it will stay that way as long as I have a vote on the funding of such.