Hume-Fogg (26-6) @ Walker Valley (30-4)

GottaHaveHeart

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to HF against WV. Based on paper, I would say WV by 5. All of their losses have come against some very good AAA teams. However, they play the game for a reason. HF put out district 7AA, winners of the last 6 Gold Balls, so they definitely have what it takes. Ryann King is excellent, as long as she stays focused on what she does best, dribble penetration, pull up jumpers and finding her teammates. HF won't get outcoached. She does an excellent job of getting smart play from the team.

I'll say HF by 2.

I'm not quite sure who THE player is for Hume-Fogg, but I understand from someone close to their program that it is their point guard. Whoever their "go to" player is, I can assure you they've never felt pressure from a defense like they'll see when # 23 O'asha Parks is guarding her. Whoever HF's biggest threat is, Parks will be guarding her and when Parks is guarding a player, they NEVER produce like they would normally. Best of luck to both teams.

Walker Valley walks away with this one by 15. I know you don't believe that because it's a sub-state game, but let's just wait and see.

It may be a lot closer than that, but Walker Valley hasn't played well for three games in a row. I just think they're due!

Go Lady Mustangs

It will be a good game. I don't know who Hume Fogg has beat but I do know that WV has not really beat any good teams this whole year. They did play some good teams but they lost to them. I think they are good enough to win and go to state. This will be a test on how good they really are. Good luck to WV. Butler will score her double figures but Morris and Cox are both going to need to contribute double figure scoring. Playing in WV's small gym should work to their advantage because like somebody said, the fans are on top of the players and its hard to win there.

Great job Lady Mustangs! State Bound!

Hume Fogg never gave up. #12 is a player. I thought a key moment in game was with 4 1/2 minutes left in 3rd quarter, Hume-Fogg had cut a 16 point WV halftime lead down to 5, Coach Tucker trusted his bench to give Parks and Burrell, who had been working so hard on defense, a break with Isom and Walker. You could see a change in tempo, the fresh legs and quickness affected Hume-Fogg and the lead grew back to 13 by the end of the period. Parks and Burrell re-entered at the start of the 4th, rested, and helped Mindy, Suzanne and Alyson close the deal.

Nice job !!!! thumb thumb :lol: