Sub-state Matchup

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezell is very balanced with size, quickness, experience and good shooters. I was surprised they lost to CPA but at this point in the year, teams are basically even.

I'm sure MP is very good and I was a bit surprised they beat WC on a neutral floor.

You can't predict a winner at this point because the team that wins will be the one who plays their game better on a given night, keeps key players out of foul trouble, eliminates big mistakes, and makes free throws.

All teams in the round of 16 can beat any other team that is still standing on a given night. You just hope your team doesn't have an "off night" or they are done for the year.

I saw Ezell play in a Christmas tournament and they looked o.k. They had decent size inside and pretty good guard play. However, what I do remember from the game was one of their guards had a bad attitude and was arguing calls with the ref. The ref then warned the coach, and the coach immediately benched him for the remainder of the 4th. Ezell was up by double digits at the time, but once he came out the team they were playing came back to make a very close game out of it. Should be a good game, but if they start worrying more about the officiating than the tigers, it's going to be a long night.

For single A, MP has a very athletic, experienced starting 5. Any of the 5 can score 20+ on a given night. After the starting five, the talent lvl. drops significantly. MP loves to play the transition game. They seem to thrive in transition w/ offensive rebounds and dunks.

Summertown is a fast-paced team and they tried to run with MP and got beat handily twice. Summertown beat Ezell in a high scoring game earlier this season. I have no idea what Ezell has this year, but I certainly don't think MP will go quietly.

I agree w/Watcher 52. Should be a barnburner, but it's tough to tell.

Edited by wuzMP63

I'm taking Ezell in this one. They've played well lately, and can probably run Mt. Pleasant to death. Several weapons on this team, too.

825602017[/snapback]

I see it hard to run MP to death!! MP likes to run and do it very well. Every team they have played this year has not tried to run with them, very few have tried to get into a fast pace game, and those that have haven't been successfull! But i know Ezell will be very talented, and MP will have to play at the top of their game!!

i dont think they will run mp to death after seeing them aginst wayne county 4 times they want to run you are playing into what they want to do, however there starting 5 is very ath. and all can score, but past them they are not as good, staying out of foul trouble will be key, i think ezell has a couple big guys one i think is 6'8" the other 6'6" , but size doesnt seem to bother mp buy there 2 wins over wayne county who is big for 1a, i say

mp by 10