Elizabethton vs Oliver Springs

coaches_corner

GLee, I truly enjoy our dialogue.  :P

The Lady Cyclones have more than proven that they can play, and win, with essentially five players.  And you think that this proves what? In fact, the theory of Depth proves to be totally right, and it's proven in at least ninety percent of All Games.  I think that many of us doubters, and more specifically ME; I think that I have poured ample salutations upon the Lady Cyclones.  They have been outstanding. 

But GLee, and try to read this very closely:  They were very, very lucky.  And this is to take Nothing from the Lady Cyclones.  After all, while they board the bus for Murfreesboro, my Darling Lady Rangers will still be contemplating the "what ifs?"

But do you remember, GLee, that in pre-season, Valneesha Redd was feared lost for the season with a threatening foot ailment?  Do you really feel that the Lady Cyclones would be headed to Murfreesboro without her? 

The point is NOT to put Valneesha above anyone else on the team; but it's worth pointing out that the Lady Cyclones were only One Key Player from not even winning their District Tournament. 

So take sincere satisfaction in the Wonderful Success of a Tremendous Team effort.  I sincerely congratulate them.  But NO, GLee, the theory certainly was NOT proven wrong.  The proof is on every team you'll see play this game.  You'll see it on EVERY other team, and at every level, male and female, in the entire tournament. 

You mentioned Oliver Springs.  I think it's safe to say that their Depth obviously worked for them, all the way to Elizabethton.  In fact, the Lady Cats would have more than likely been in Oliver Springs last Saturday night, absent their DEPTH.

Finally, GLee, just try to enjoy this magical moment in time.  It might last until Saturday Night.  It might last until the end of the first game.  And GLee, if the Lady Cyclones, even now, suffer a heartbreaking, or ankle spraining injury, the will not win, not even in the first round. 

So, now is certainly NOT the time to gloat, GLee; and in fact, if I'm lucky enough to go to the game Saturday night after the Cattle Show; and if I'm honored enough to salute the Lady Cyclones as they hoist that Gold Ball, I will be only too happy for Rikki, Val, Micheala, Cameron, Victoria, Marti, Eden, etc.  If one of them is unable to play, I can assure you that the Gold Ball will be in the hands of others.  Let's just pray that this doesn't occur.    thumb

825609946[/snapback]

Sorry if you took offense to what I wrote, but I was stating the facts. No gloating my friend. Did we not hear all year long that they couldn't get there? And yes, I had my doubts also, but Wilson played them his way and it has worked. Then again....... the job is not finished.

You are an eloquent writer Krich, but even I know that I am not right all of the time. Now maybe you can say the same? Maybe you should go back and read some of your older posts? Opionions are just that...... opionions. Now I'm sure you can come up with more _____ to justify yourself, but I really don't care to hear it. This is a time for the girls to enjoy and these times are few and far between.

You keep saying that you have "poured ample salutations" on the Lady Cyclones, but at the same time you post for them to read that if there is some kind of "bump' in the road they are beat. Those are bitter words of encouragement but the confidence they have in themselves will carry them past such posts.

If you are a true supporter as you claim, then your posts should reflect this feeling. Would you have pounded in your past posts weaknesses of the Lady Rangers? I never read any.

I've watched them all grow up and your d_mn right, I'm proud of them and what they have accomplished, whether they win a game at state or not. They have proven themselves and the style of ball that they play, and no, their coached style is not my favorite either, but it has led them to the 'Boro. I really don't consider them "very, very LUCKY" as you stated. I prefer to call them a good team. There are no excuses or what might have beens available. What's behind them is gone. What is in front of them is within reach. Hopefully they will stay healthy and make a great run, but who knows. Maybe one of those subs will do something good at state? They are good ball players also and I wouldn't discount them so easily. Shame on you! We'll see soon, but I'll not set back and write what could go wrong that hasn't yet. That isn't for reading at this point. Not for the girls.

As far as depth goes...... everyone needs as much as possible. I'd love to have seen more developement of the bench early, but I'm not the coach. What Wilson has done is win, so who can complain? Not that I agree, but they win.

I trully wish we had all three teams going to state, but it wasn't meant to be. I was thrilled to see the Ranger men make the trip again. I"m a big Tyler McCann fan from way back.

If your down there Thur, Fri and hopefully Sat, look me up. I'll be the stupid looking guy. Maybe, just maybe we will both have something to "gloat" about in a few days?? :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised that Elizabethton held on with the amall amounts of subs. OS made a run late in the first half when the Lady Cyclones appeared a bit winded. The fourth quarter, however, adrenaline (sp?) took over and they held on. Playing what if again, if they are behind later this week will they have the legs late in the game? Especially after three days of the best competition in the state. Hopefully we'll find out Saturday afternoon.

I was surprised that Elizabethton held on with the amall amounts of subs. OS made a run late in the first half when the Lady Cyclones appeared a bit winded. The fourth quarter, however, adrenaline (sp?) took over and they held on. Playing what if again, if they are behind later this week will they have the legs late in the game? Especially after three days of the best competition in the state. Hopefully we'll find out Saturday afternoon.

825610201[/snapback]

Hey Goose, you been sniping Krich's posts!! Seriously guys, you both make valid points. I can only hope we get to play three games and find out!!!!

Thanks for complimenting my "eloquent" writing ....before stating that you don't care to hear what I have to say. :D

I thought we had four teams capable of playing in Murfreesboro: UCHS, EHS, UHS and CHS. Unicoi County almost righted their ship in time. Cloudland and Unaka were so close. But it takes luck. Unaka's "luck" ran out. They truly were a Great Team; I wish you had seen them play. But a broken foot, an eye injury (bad luck), the Coalfield Yellow Jackets and a couple poor decisions with the ball did them in.

EHS was always one key player removed (i e Rikki's ankle in the Classic) from mediocrity. And that's not an insult. The same thing can be said about every team you'll see in Murfreesboro. Take Cline, McCann or Holtsclaw off Unaka's team ....Mediocre. It takes effort, strategy, support, dedication and team spirit to win it all. The Lady Cyclones, and the Rangers have had an "ample" supply of all these, plus a lot of good "luck."

I'm not bitter; nor do I want anything to impede the Ladies from Elizabethton. Contrary to your insinuations, I'm very happy for them. Intrepret what you want; but you should not tell others what I did not write.

Thanks for complimenting my "eloquent" writing ....before stating that you don't care to hear what I have to say.  :D 

I thought we had four teams capable of playing in Murfreesboro:  UCHS, EHS, UHS and CHS.  Unicoi County almost righted their ship in time.  Cloudland and Unaka were so close.  But it takes luck.  Unaka's "luck" ran out.  They truly were a Great Team;  I wish you had seen them play.  But a broken foot, an eye injury (bad luck), the Coalfield Yellow Jackets and a couple poor decisions with the ball did them in. 

EHS was always one key player removed (i e Rikki's ankle in the Classic) from mediocrity.  And that's not an insult.  The same thing can be said about every team you'll see in Murfreesboro.  Take Cline, McCann or Holtsclaw off Unaka's team ....Mediocre.  It takes effort, strategy, support, dedication and team spirit to win it all.  The Lady Cyclones, and the Rangers have had an "ample" supply of all these, plus a lot of good "luck." 

I'm not bitter; nor do I want anything to impede the Ladies from Elizabethton.  Contrary to your insinuations, I'm very happy for them.  Intrepret what you want; but you should not tell others what I did not write.

825611154[/snapback]

Only commented on what I read. Surely "Luck" will help the Cyclones thru the tourny.

"Luck", good or bad, is produced by the players and the coaches. And I guess maybe the officials (that one makes nightmare happy). Hope to see you there. I'll be there, hopefully thru Saturday. If not, I'll be back earlier. thumb

Sorry about my ommission of Unicoi from my "wish the area had more there list". They were tough, as they are every year.

I also have enjoyed out little "joust of basketball" ignorance. I am also sorry that I didn't get to see the Lady Rangers. I was out for most of the season....... the middle of the season, but I came back strong for the last 5-6 games. I did see a few early, which was most enjoyable also.

I havn't seen McCann for a couple of years and just read that he was 6'3"??? I still remember the little, quick guard when he was 10-11 years old and was told he was too wild. All you had to do was cut him loose and let him run.

I guess another HATS OFF to Baughman. Player of the Year in NET. Way to go girl. Two years in a row. And HATS OFF to Roberson....... a spledid career. :D

Just a little sensitive up here on the Creek at present. I am, if nothing else, acutely conscience of what I write, what I mean by what I say, and I most specifically take consideration of "how" others might interpret it.

As to McCann, he told me last week that he's "six." He's more like five 10 1/2 to five 11" :P ....But the boy can literally Double-Stuff. His leaping ability is amazing.

I'll find more to fuss about later, probably late tonight.

I too have been unable to watch all the games I wanted to; but I saw plenty of ALL the teams I've commented on. Otherwise I would have said nothing.

I'm still hopeful to get to Murfreesboro; I plan to get catch "17" right after the Lady Cyclones win it all.......then he might come off some of his newer, larger income, and treat us all to dinner.

Edited by krichunaka