WHO'S BETTER? TYLER SMITH OR RICCO RALSTON!

JUMP WIT ME!

Guest catfish-hunter
This has nothin to do with Smith or Ralston and should probably be on the College Hoops thread but Corey Brewer is one of the best defensive players ive seen this year and is just a freshman. Dickie V himself said that Brewer was the most impressive freshman he has seen this year.

825606853[/snapback]

For someone to say that Shane Foster is better than Brewer & that Brewer "hasn't done anything" means that they've lost all credibility. You don't have to score 30+ points per game and have 2-3 highlight dunks everynight to be a good basketball player.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why don't I ever get to see videos about Tyler hitting long distance shots???"

If you looked at his "rivals" videos they are nothing but him playing the perimeter and knocking down 3's and driving to the hole and dishing. Oh and BTW they are all AAU videos and none are against 5'9 white boys. I just dont see how you can say that someone who a Street and Smith's second team ALL- AMERICAN (Top 10 player) will just be a role player at UT.

Did you not see Tyler on National Signing day? They said nothing but great things and what a great addition Tyler would be and how fortunate UT is to get him. I put a little more stock in what they say than you Catish but you are a close second though...LOL

thumb

Edited by hercules99

Guest catfish-hunter
"Why don't I ever get to see videos about Tyler hitting long distance shots???"

If you looked at his "rivals" videos they are nothing but him playing the perimeter and knocking down 3's and driving to the hole and dishing. Oh and BTW they are all AAU videos and none are against 5'9 white boys.  I just dont see how you can say that someone who a Street and Smith's second team ALL- AMERICAN (Top 10 player) will just be a role player at UT.

Did you not see Tyler on National Signing day? They said nothing but great things and what a great addition Tyler would be and how fortunate UT is to get him. I put a little more stock in what they say than you Catish but you are a close second though...LOL

thumb

825606893[/snapback]

Tyler is better than Rico Ralston. There's no sense in arguing with you hercules99 thumb

Ricco is a good player but comparing him to Smith is like comparing Smith to B.Wright. There's no comarison.

To btown, i'm sure Dickie V said Brewer was an impressive freshman, but i doubt he said the most impressive, because he's been saying Marvin Williams is a lock for that all year long.

And to whoever said there are never any 6' guard Mr. bball finalists. Before Brewer last year, the last 4 AA winners were 6' or less guards. A.Allen(twice), T.Moy, And C.Crisp.

From what I can tell about Catfish, he is a guy with an inferiority complex with a need to belittle others to enable himself to look in the mirror and not feel inadequate.

As for who is the better player, I have not seen Ralston but have seen Tyler a few times. I know Smith dropped 30 on B. Wright in the first meeting this year and if Wright is truly a lottery pick then Smith must be pretty darn good.

Waverly people seem to be the only ones arguing on Ralstons behalf and based on that I assume Smith to be the better player.

And for wether Smith makes an impact at UT next year. I say that he will but you must remember making an impact at Tennessee really isn't that hard. Anything he could contribute would be an impact as lousy as UT currently is.

Ricco is a good player but comparing him to Smith is like comparing Smith to B.Wright. There's no comarison.

To btown, i'm sure Dickie V said Brewer was an impressive freshman, but i doubt he said the most impressive, because he's been saying Marvin Williams is a lock for that all year long.

And to whoever said there are never any 6' guard Mr. bball finalists. Before Brewer last year, the last 4 AA winners were 6' or less guards. A.Allen(twice), T.Moy, And C.Crisp.

825606946[/snapback]

No....he was talkin about how there are so many freshman makin an impact this year and he said..."but the one that has impressed me the most is that Brewer kid from Florida".

Man I have spent the last 15 minutes reading this thread wondering how people can argue this point. Anyone that has any basketball knowledge knows that Tyler Smith is the better basketball player of the two. Ricco is a good high school player and will be a great NAIA player in my opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. For those who don't think Smith will have an impact at UT, you are crazy also. The same things were being siad about Brewer that are now being said about Smith. He is a leaper, athletic, but won't be a great SEC player. We see how that turned out. I think Smith gets bored playing high school ball, during the summer the boy was playing at a level I had never seen him play at. Catfish, you can't put Tyler in the category of a Bradshaw at UT, that is more like Matthew Dotson not Tyler. Ricco and Tyler are both great basketball players, but Tyler has the best overall basketball skills and ability to take over the game. The greater competition he plays the better he plays. That is my opinion take it how you will.

Gerry, Catfish knows who is better!! He just rode the short bus and cant help him- self along with the fact that his high school years were very bad for him and if he did play sport he was just the below average kid praying that he could have the skill of an average or above average player.

Guest catfish-hunter
If tyler dont work his butt off this summer big time.  He is gonna fit right in at UT with a bunch of dead recruits.

825606930[/snapback]

BINGO!!! Bertier, you and I have argued many times on this website but in the end I have always had nothing but respect for you opinion. You are a guy who does not have to get on here and call other posters out for criticizing someone's skills. I find it funny that everytime someone says the slightest thing about Tyler that all of those Giles County fanatics come running to their hero's rescue. Beware Giles Co. faithful because the show may come to an abrupt end tonight. The moment that it does end your basketball team will join your football team in the gutter. BANK ON IT thumb

You are 100% right tcross because I wish I could have played sports and been successful both team wise and induvidually as well.

Yea the white boy from Lewis is way better than Ricco! :o NOT!!!! I guess thats why Ricco threw him twice, could have dunked on him, and broke his ankles like he did a bunch of the GC playas. All Tyler can do is dunk and dish. Ricco can shoot, dunk, dish, and break ankles. And, by the way, who had the most points that game..................THANK YOU!!!!!!

825603262[/snapback]

I agree with u on that one it is a first that i agree but u are right about it Ricco is better