UC vs Austin East

lilflipper81

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard Unicoi is very similar to Anderson County in that they can shoot and they rebound really well. AC was not able to bring their best game against AE due to AE's pressure defense. It's relentless and it's not a matter of " we can't get caught up in their style" because they leave you no choice due to their pressure style of play. You can't avoid their pressure because it's in your face. They let you have a few easy buckets to get you running with them and then 5/6 turnovers in a row and it's a 10 point run. AE's offense can be described as shoot it and go get it...and it's extremely effective. Kite, Harris, Ligon, McCalister, etc. it's just another level of athlete than the teams in Upper North East are used to seeing. If you had played Science Hill a couple of times this season I would feel a little better about your chances of being ready for this kind of speed. When Albert Harris turns it on, he's a blur.....anyway...good luck....As I've said before AE is ripe for the taking this season, but it's real tough if you haven't been playing against elite athletes on a regular basis.....I'm not talking about a few guys that can grab rim either or even dunk a little......These guys can all float.....

That's my little cousin you're talking about and you're speaking the truth when you say watch out for him.  I just hope his shot is on!!!

About the game:  AE hasn't been to the state in about 2 or 3 years, I think it's time for the monkey to get off their back.  They're focus and ready to get back to where they used to go year in and year out.  UC, the only thing I can tell is, IT's ON!!!

Let's GO AE, let's make it two teams(Boys and Girls) in the STATE!

825605823[/snapback]

How did he get that nickname???

Even though there was alot of bad blood between Central and Unicoi the last few times I would still like to see UC pull this one out. I heard AE has one guy who shoots alot and makes alot, #41 I think. I think if UC can get that inside - outside game with Weaver and Corn they will be tough to handle.

for uc to have a chance they got to get it workin inside. by no means do i like unicoi but i would rather have them win than ae. it'll be tough goin on the road though. they need to play their best ball all season to come out with a win. can't believe i'm sayin this..........good luck devils.

for uc to have a chance they got to get it workin inside. by no means do i like unicoi but i would rather have them win than ae. it'll be tough goin on the road though. they need to play their best ball all season to come out with a win. can't believe i'm sayin this..........good luck devils.

825606313[/snapback]

thank you very much cougarman for your support. let's hope UC comes back home tomorrow night with a victory and a trip ahead to Murfeesboro!! thumb

Even though there was alot of bad blood between Central and Unicoi the last few times I would still like to see UC pull this one out.  I heard AE has one guy who shoots alot and makes alot, #41 I think.  I think if UC can get that inside - outside game with Weaver and Corn they will be tough to handle.

825606088[/snapback]

825606313[/snapback]

Thanks for the support, guys. Good luck to you all tomorrow night against Alcoa.

Lovin' the support from all the other teams in the District. Hope Central's game against Alcoa goes well and our game against AE isn't half bad either. GO DISTRICT 1-AA!

825606641[/snapback]

I agree!!! I think our 2 teams from District 1 actually have a decent chance to go to Murfreesboro. Good Luck UC and Central !!!!!!!!!!!