Elizabethton wins, Unaka loses

daizee

A thought on Baughman playing at UT. It would be really nice if that was possible but we must be realistic. A major division I school looks for athletic ability and size. Rikki lacks in both areas. A great high player does not always make a great college player. Rikki has proven she can play and will do very well on the next level but at a smaller school and that is not a bad reflection on her. If heart and desire were the top priorities then she could play at a major school. She would have to come out and play on the perimeter where she would face a much quicker defender. Rikki will make someone a fine college player because she tends to make the people around her better. Again not a knock on Rikki just a realistic view.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP DISTRICT< MVP REGION< MY MVP IN SUB STATE!

I think Rikki can paly at UT, I didnt say post or immediate starter, but I think she can go there and contribute.

As for Pietrowski,6-3 as a soph and has really turned her game up a notch this year.She goes to the hole with authority and has some beautiful inside moves,I think Pat could make a real good college player out of her.

Remember, everything Ive said is only my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours.

Also the Peters girl was a very good player.

825605151[/snapback]

i think you are right baughman would be a contribution later on in her career

but i believe pietrowski could become a big time player at UT. she plays real well when other girls beat and bang on her. and thats about all the college level for posts is is beating and banging.

i think you are right baughman would be a contribution later on in her career

but i believe pietrowski could become a big time player at UT.  she plays real well when other girls beat and bang on her.  and thats about all the college level for posts is is beating and banging.

825608429[/snapback]

honestly, i think that baughman is a pretty good player and i could see her going to a smaller division 1 school. but when you think about ut and the girls that pat summit brings in you're talking 6'5, get out of my way, can shoot a jump shot type of girl. i mean it's one thing when you can play against girls of pietrowski's size but it is a whole other world when you go to a big school like that......pat really looks more towards AAA schools anyways. i don't see rikki playing there and i don't think you should posts stuff on here like that especially if you're not sure if it's true or not. oh and if you think pietrowski is going to play there don't you think she should learn to shoot a jump shot or let alone dribble a ball. big schools like ut only look and go for the best. both are pretty good players though, but you might want to analize the situation a little better before saying they are University of Tennessee worthy.

MVP DISTRICT< MVP REGION< MY MVP IN SUB STATE!

I think Rikki can paly at UT, I didnt say post or immediate starter, but I think she can go there and contribute.

As for Pietrowski,6-3 as a soph and has really turned her game up a notch this year.She goes to the hole with authority and has some beautiful inside moves,I think Pat could make a real good college player out of her.

Remember, everything Ive said is only my opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours.

Also the Peters girl was a very good player.

825605151[/snapback]

A little late but...I hope EHS wins the State they have been winners ever since Coachh17 had them in Middle School so it just proves that if you have a good Middle School Coach your High School program will have a better chance of winning BIG!!

As for for Rikki being the MVP of the Sub-State, I agree she is a great player but without Victoria Hopson Saturday night EHS loses. She got key rebounds, led numerous fast breaks, made the correct pass everytime, played great defense and scored 7 points. The boxscore says she is not the MVP but in my opinion she was .

A little late but...I hope EHS wins the State they have been winners ever since Coachh17 had them in Middle School so it just proves that if you have a good Middle School Coach your High School program will have a better chance of winning BIG!!

As for for Rikki being the MVP of the Sub-State, I agree she is a great player but without Victoria Hopson Saturday night EHS loses. She got key rebounds, led numerous fast breaks, made the correct pass everytime, played great defense and scored 7 points. The boxscore says she is not the MVP but in my opinion she was .

825609111[/snapback]

There were several reasons for the win. Defense was #1.

Hopson played the way she has played all year. She's not gotten the "BIG" press because of the quality seniors in front of her and Petrowski, but she has gotten enough press to make her presence known as of late.

825609111[/snapback]

Last time I looked, there are no substate MVP's. Cyclones win because of a team effort, not just one player. Middle school players and records mean nothing if the players don't develop after middle school. Players most of the time make the program. Its good when you have a coach who knows what he is doing. But the good teams have players whose parents, AAU coaches, and other people who know basketball help develop the players, not just the coach. Coach17 is a good coach, but its easy to coach good players. <_<

Last time I looked, there are no substate MVP's. Cyclones win because of a team effort, not just one player. Middle school players and records mean nothing if the players don't develop after middle school. Players most of the time make the program.  Its good when you have a coach who knows what he is doing. But the good teams have players whose parents, AAU coaches, and other  people who know basketball help develop the players, not just the coach. Coach17 is a good coach, but its easy to coach good players.  :blink:

825609468[/snapback]

U tell'em Daddy!! See ya down the road.

By the way, about Baughman. For her to be mentioned in the same sentence as UT is an honor. I have no idea where she's going, but someones getting a gamer. It's like I said before, I'm sure her and her family has a handle on what she'll be doing next year.

Edited by GLee

There were several reasons for the win. Defense was #1.

Hopson played the way she has played all year. She's not gotten the "BIG" press because of the quality seniors in front of her and Petrowski, but she has gotten enough press to make her presence known as of late.

825609132[/snapback]

My first time seeing them since HV Tournament and she just stood out to me.

My first time seeing them since HV Tournament and she just stood out to me.

825609813[/snapback]

Golly Gee, and I have to agree with osubrutus: But dangit, you're absolutely right. While many of us have talked way too much about the "others," Victoria has simply gone about doing whatever it takes to make the Lady Cyclones a winning team.

So, take a bow, Victoria. thumb thumb thumb

Last time I looked, there are no substate MVP's. Cyclones win because of a team effort, not just one player. Middle school players and records mean nothing if the players don't develop after middle school. Players most of the time make the program.  Its good when you have a coach who knows what he is doing. But the good teams have players whose parents, AAU coaches, and other  people who know basketball help develop the players, not just the coach. Coach17 is a good coach, but its easy to coach good players.  B)

825609468[/snapback]

Coachh17 is a great coach and deserves the most of the credit credit. He may not have the "kiss your butt" people skills all of you desire, but he got the most out sub-par players on the JV in years past and was very successful. Parents and AAU coaches take too much credit for player when in reality the coach that has taught them all year long.

Also, he was a great softball coach at TAD won conference titles and had numerous victories. Yet, he was never given the chance to be the Head Softball Coach! Overlooked twice. He quit feeding them the good players as of last year, we will see the effects in about 3 years. Then tell me he's not a good coach.