Substate Officiating

UCSportsFan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it is kinda bad everywhere. The reason being they do not have enough good qualified refs, so anyone who can pass the test......you guessed it, can be a ref. If they had an abundant amount to apply they could weed out the not so good ones.

825604723[/snapback]

GET A WHISTLE QUIPPY IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS!

All that you must have in order to be a referee in this state is a High School diploma, a 70 on an OPEN BOOK TEST, recommendation from a school official and of course a registration fee. Now I'm not knocking all the officials; most of my family has refereed on the high school and college level and I've worked as a scorekeeper so I know there are some good ones out there. It's just the luck of the draw. For further information I'd suggest calling Terry Hillier, who is in charge of registration of officials at the TSSAA.

825604795[/snapback]

You forgot that the supervisor will watch an official before they get any HS games. also officials must make a certain grade on a closed book test and have gone to an instructional camp to be tourney eligible. A supervisor is not going to put an official in a situation they are not ready for.

A secret meeting has already been held, and the TSSAA has informed the sub-state officials on which teams are to win.  Additionally, the state tournament champions have already been selected by the TSSAA (the plaques have been sent off to be engraved).  I guess that we'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see who has been selected in all three classifications.  In the meantime, spend money, and lots of it, and support your local team. :lol:

BTW, a secret meeting was held this weekend by the NCAA to select which teams would be in this year's Final Four.  The 'champion' will be selected in another secret meeting that will be held next weekend. :lol:

And finally, Major League Baseball has had a secret meeting and has decided that the Chicago Cubs will not play in this year's World Series.  But I don't think that they needed a secret meeting for that.......... thumb

825605367[/snapback]

I can't believe that. I think the refs decide who they want to win and call it unfair themselves.

With all the calls in your favor and noncalls (all the walks allowed and fouls allowed) that Clay Co. got during the playoffs, you should just count your blessings.

825607260[/snapback]

I never mentioned anything about our game, however since you're whining about it the foul count was in favor of Pickett Co. both games, and we still should have won it. Good luck to you, but don't think we won't remember what happened at the end of the game in the region tournament. When we won the district, our kids acted with class, you didn't see them running down the court pulling their shirt off and everyone running onto the court and piling up, but i can guarantee you one thing, that scene won't repeat itself again for awhile, next year Clay Co. will do the pounding my friend, Pickett Co. will be no where near Clay Co. next year, we'll beat you by 40 if we want to! thumb

Devil, looks like you and yours up in Clackson Co. should worry about hitting a free throw instead of who is reffing the game!! thumb

825607431[/snapback]

I do agree though the free throw would have been a big help! We're working on it! I'm not worrying about anything though, and it wouldn't do me a bit of good to worry, i'm like you just watching from the stands! thumb I have just heard of some horror stories about substate games on the road and was just curious more than anything as to where the officials come from and who assigns them. I have read your posts and most of them are "pro" officials and i have some good friends that are officials and i also have seen a few games that i would rather forget as i am sure you have. Just a topic is all, don't take it personal! thumb

Edited by devilfanatic

Clay Co., Clackson Co., Ja-clay Co. or whatever, got all the calls in those games! Your son walked with the ball before he knocked down Groce...and the foul was called on Groce with no walk called. Rich walked with the ball over and over and got away with it...all year and all through the playoffs. Walden was grabbing and holding onto Bailey all night without any calls. This is this year, we'll worry about next year next year. Our home grown freshmen are terrific and will be good next year. In 2 years Pickett will be rolling again, so bragging about the future means nothing now. Who knows, maybe other schools in the district will out-recruit Clay Co. over the summer!

Devil nothing personal at all just having a little fun! I guess I'm a little "pro" officals as you say, I, like you have a few friends who ref but I have no problem saying when the officiating stinks, I for one just don't think it stinks as bad as many on here would have us all to believe. To the point of your original question looks to me like a fair share of road teams won on the road in girls substate action.One last thing not from the Range but would be darn well proud if I were.