The state championship game will be played on the first day between AAA Walker Valley and Martin Westview.  The winner of this game will win the state championship.  My pick is AAA Walker Valley winning the AA state championship.  It doesn't hurt to have 1400+ students to choose from now does it! :)

825605118[/snapback]

are you ever gonna stop whining?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it is, the haven't won anything big, except in bowling. Its easy to be the best in this area, because this area is pretty weak in most sports

825605257[/snapback]

Regions/districts in football, boys basketball, girls basketball, bowling, softball, baseball, that's more than "not anything."

In this particular situation I feel there is no advantage to Walker Valleys number of students, due to the fact that these are the same starters that have been there since the school had a smaller number of students 2 yrs ago. Adding the extra students that will move them to a AAA level has not changed the starting line up. There are no new Faces or Super Stars that have been added to the roster. By TSSAA standards and requirements they are LEGALLY still a AA school for the remainder of the school year, so with that said- GOOD LUCK LADY MUSTANGS!

Hope you can bring home the Gold Ball for Class AA- which is what you are!

You guys have had a great season..Good Luck Wednesday...

A little history lesson about AE and teams from Obion County....

1985...Obion County beats AE for the boys state championship at Vanderbilt...

1997...Union City(from Obion County) beats AE in the state semi-finals at The'Boro(boys)

This year...Union City beats AE in a holiday tourney in Poplar Bluff,Missouri(boys)

I know it doesn't mean much because those are all boys games,but it's a little interesting...

And as another saying goes..Work hard..Play hard...Stay hard... B)

825605024[/snapback]

You did mention that those were all boys games and I just wondering if you will remember that those were boys games, just because their boys can beat ours (Austin-East) doesn't mean that their girls are going to have the same outcome at such a big time of the year. And I don't have any old saying to give, but it's all in fun B)

1997...Union City(from Obion County) beats AE in the state semi-finals at The'Boro(boys)

This year...Union City beats AE in a holiday tourney in Poplar Bluff,Missouri(boys)

I know it doesn't mean much because those are all boys games,but it's a little interesting...

And as another saying goes..Work hard..Play hard...Stay hard... B)

825605024[/snapback]

Not being cocky but just because their boys (Obion County) beat our boys (Austin-East) doesn't mean that there girls are going to be so lucky. It's hard play or your going home in tears. I think that it will be a hard played game. I think A-E will play the Cinderalla story and pull an upset.

If anybody is a Cinderella it's Obion Central.They have been doubted all year long by everybody and given very little credit for what they've accomplished.This a young team who starts two freshman and plays three others on a regular basis. With so much young talent and more coming from the junior highs,I have a feeling this won't be their last trip to the state tournament.

That, of course, was the magical year of 1986 when Cannon & Co. beat the Roadrunners for the crown. I can still hear the cheer ring through Memorial Gym "fire up A-E fire up woooooooooo". Ric Flair would be proud. Good luck Lady Rebels, glad to see you back at the dance.

You did mention that those were all boys games and I just wondering if you will remember that those were boys games, just because their boys can beat ours (Austin-East) doesn't mean that their girls are going to have the same outcome at such a big time of the year.  And I don't have any old saying to give, but it's all in fun  :)

825605414[/snapback]

AE Will Destroy Them Obion Onionheads! :)