Happy Valley Baseball

warriorbball

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Happy Valley will be at the head of a very competitive Watauga Conference this season.

They have:

Toney

Caldwell

Garland

Morgan

Jordy

Davis

Buchanan

....and several others.

This team has some tremendous baseball players. And you guys are being a little too tough on their Coach. He's really a Great guy; and for sure a Coach who will back his players 100%...He and "Acie" are the best in the area for that.

Hey, now that I think about those two, and of course "Pink," that's ALMOST enough to help me get over the Lady Rangers' Sub-State loss. thumb

Everybody has bad games, both teams were having trouble hitting. plus they wouldn't have won if their left fielder got lucky and robbed a solo shot in the 6th. Yes we should have hit better defenately but still theres more games and this does not prove anything but that we had a bad game and they had a good game.

:blink:;)

Don't focus all of you're attention on Unicoi Co. because Sullivan North is not a third place or worse team. North will be the best team in the conference that Happy Valley win face. They are in the top two. Theres that big HV/UC rivalry but don't overlook North because if history holds true the warriors haven't had very much success against them.

thats bs bwang. ur gonna use an excuse like u had a bad game. have u ever thought that hv might have had a bad scrimmage? or that toney pitched a bad game? face it, db isnt as untouchable as u think.

as for north, yes they have hvs number. we cant seem to beat them no matter who is better. that doesnt mean that uc wont have norths number. uc has coaching and hitting on their side. if hinkle pitches against uc, north wins. if not, who knows. of course, ucs hitting may outdo hinkle. i didnt know north got as much back as the north guy said, though he was wrong. he said they get 8? starters back from last year and the 1,3,4,5 pitchers back. i think mosley was their 1 not their 2 and losing him and their 3rd baseman would be losin 2 starters.

thats bs bwang. ur gonna use an excuse like u had a bad game. have u ever thought that hv might have had a bad scrimmage? or that toney pitched a bad game? face it, db isnt as untouchable as u think.

as for north, yes they have hvs number. we cant seem to beat them no matter who is better. that doesnt mean that uc wont have norths number. uc has coaching and hitting on their side. if hinkle pitches against uc, north wins. if not, who knows. of course, ucs hitting may outdo hinkle. i didnt know north got as much back as the north guy said, though he was wrong. he said they get 8? starters back from last year and the 1,3,4,5 pitchers back. i think mosley was their 1 not their 2 and losing him and their 3rd baseman would be losin 2 starters.

825619025[/snapback]

Heard it from a good source, and I have the best source there is when it pertains to Hinkle and North ball. He is scheduled to start for North Friday against UC.

I haven't seen them play. but I did get the play-by-play of the DB game over the cellphone. Sounded like DB had their chances to win that game but North just kept making the plays at the right time. Geoff pitched a good 5 innings (pulled probably because of a pitch count) and saving him for Unicoi Co. and Gill came in and did a good job in closing. I don't believe they are very good hitting team as a whole, but they will battle with you.

I think they will be in the thick of the conference race. But they are not unbeatable and I hope we can sneak up and get em a time or two. thumb