Giles County vs. Humboldt

GCfan79

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great game on both sides. Tyler showed his dominance until fouling out with about 50 seconds left. Bolivar showed me something tonight. They were down 11 w/ about 4 minutes left and could have easily given up. But instead battle backed hitting some clutch 3's. Some will say coaching beat Giles (possibly true) some will say it was Tyler fouling out (perhaps) I say it was missed free throws. Zack Holt (one of the better free throw shooters) stepped to the line for a one and one that would have iced it. It looked like he was nervous and short armed it allowing for the tying shot to be made with just seconds left.

Now this next comment isn't saying I don't wish Giles would have won but I don't think their TEAM really had what it would take to win the state. Sure they have a superstar but even they can't do it alone. Heck even Jordan had to have Pippen. Or was it Pippen that needed Jordan. (just kidding)

Good luck to Humboldt at the Boro and good look to Tyler in knoxville. Man I love the vols but they sure do stink.

Catfish, I will say that I agree with you. However, I am done bashing Coach Holt. In the heat of the moment he probably thought Tyler would keep his composure and lead the team to victory. I can't say that I would have been able to make a better decision, but darn...it seems so clear as I was listening to the game. Holt has always been able to select the right talent to get his team as far as their talent will take them. Many will say that if Coach Hannah was still sitting on that bench with Holt to offer some insight and suggestions...things may have turned out differently. Once again...Tyler, Channing & Zach have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Look at what they have accomplished together as a TEAM.