ths vs siegel in the boro

vikingpride34

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with competitive rivalry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the editor,

After reading the two letters to the editor in Tuesday's paper, I get the feeling there are people out there that have nothing better to do but complain about something. We send our kids to school to get an education and to learn how to get along in this world, and yes to have fun and enjoy some competition among friends or schools. I don't feel that it's our jobs as parents to put our 2 cents in about putting down other schools. Since school competitions began there have been and will be rivalries, and this is good as long as it's not taken to an extreme, to which I do not condone the defacing of property.

As to the phrase Siegel Nation, exactly how many original phrases are there? We as citizens of Rutherford County should be proud of our schools and their staff and students. Siegel High School will represent Rutherford County next week in the TSSAA tournament, and we all should back them. Just like everyone backed Riverdale for their efforts in football. Let the kids enjoy their time in high school, as long as it's within the guidelines we set as parents and teachers, and yes we parents are teachers too!

Good luck Siegel in the TSSAA tournament.

Michael T. Jones

Princess Court

Originally published March 11, 2005

Hey guys guess whose on the T!!! Mr. Austin. I read Coach T almost everyday so im pretty sure im up to speed............................

As for the game.... I dont know a whole lot about Tennessee High School but no just about everything there is to know about Siegel. Tennessee, you better have someone that can do about 50 pump fakes or your gonna get about 50 blocked shots. The lane is closed take a detour! Im confident in our team for one reason... Pride. Last season and this season our team had no pride within themseleves. After the win against Oakland at the Nation I've seen a new spark in the boys. Tennessee hear this. Our boys wont lose, there pride is to high and they want this more then anything! And as for Bristol Boy or whatever it is, get ready for the nation. This will be a once in a lifetime expereince for you. Just catch a duke game on TV, then replace Duke with Siegel. I hope your Tennessee boys can handle the noise, because thats what there gonna get!!

Siegel must be butter because they are on a roll!! Ok, now that I've said the most rediculous thing on the boards tonight, I'll just say Siegel will win. Well, you know why. Hint-the roll thing.

825608685[/snapback]

yeah, we (bga) went up to siegel and got killed. the fans embarassed us and so did the team. they're the real deal and should make a run at state.

the fans are loud and choch.

thumb

If you are scrimmaging MLK that wont do a whole lot of good because we play slow down ball and i think MLK likes to push it but maybe not, it would be good to play against some new blood anyway.As for the noise, I dont think it will affect us, Shaud knows what hes doin out there and will keep it under control. The Murphy Center is pretty big so it wont get as loud as ur home games.

If you are scrimmaging MLK that wont do a whole lot of good because we play slow down ball and i think MLK likes to push it but maybe not, it would be good to play against some new blood anyway.As for the noise, I dont think it will affect us, Shaud knows what hes doin out there and will keep it under control. The Murphy Center is pretty big so it wont get as loud as ur home games.

825615162[/snapback]

We need all the practice we can get and MLK should be some very tough competition. As for the Murphy Center, the bigger it is, the more people we can pack into it. That's my motto. :lol: thumb