Who is the Best Team in the State?

gomab2

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

What was the problem with my statement? Has Brentwood recruited their kids? Do they recieve financial aide? Best team money can buy.

825613859[/snapback]

By Brentwood, I assume you mean Brentwood High. If some of their kids received financial aid, that would be a story since they are a public high school. Also, I don't know why you care, Brentwood was not very good this year. :P:lol:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Brentwood, I assume you mean Brentwood High.  If some of their kids received financial aid, that would be a story since they are a public high school.  Also, I don't know why you care,  Brentwood was not very good this year. :P  :lol:

825615099[/snapback]

I think he was talking about Brentwood Academy. Which if they are DII they recieve financial aid.

Ooltewah doesnt compare to the teams on the list. i dont know if Temple would beat anyone or not i havent seen them yet but im plannin on seeing them play next week against Middleton. by the way, we could have known if they could hang, Middleton played AA teams all year including 2 with Bolivar. we're not saying this because they are single A...they just dont have the players the other teams do. i look forward to seeing them next week though....they will have their hands full in the first round.

825614792[/snapback]

Im sure the Bolivar boys will fold up as quick as your girls team did

I'll preface my statements by saying that I do not believe Temple is the best team in the state. However, with that said, it is absolutely ridiculous to say they didn't stand a chance of beating any team on this list. So many people have the ignorant view that there is this huge gap between A, AA, and AAA. This is completely ignorant. Its not football, in basketball you put five players on the court at a time...five. People have no problem mentioning <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> and they are Division II? Temple got so many doubters coming into the past State Tournaments because they never had the size of the other teams. Everyone said, "Oh their good, but they just can't compete against teams with an overwhelming height advantage". Well, after a couple State Championships against teams with very tall players people realized that size can be overcome with other aspects of the team. I have absolutely no problem saying Temple could beat many teams on this list. Playing every team on this list 10 times I'd say

Temple could playing with them and win a couple games.

They are not the best team in the state. But, somebody who hasn't seen them play and makes the blanket comment "they are in single A so they can't possibly compete with AA and AAA" have a misguided opinion.

825614690[/snapback]

Division II has nothing to do with size so the comparison is irrelevant. There

are a number of relatively large schools in Division II. The point being made

is that Temple being a small school could not compete with the big boys.

That being said, I have not seen Temple and can't say whether they could

compete or not. The large school v. small school advantage is less

true in basketball than football.

Can any of you D II haters explain this? You talk about how much of an advantage it is for D II schools to " recruit " ( aka, legally give need-based financial aid ) yet when BA goes undefeated in the region and than rolls over three " recruiting " schools in the tournament they get no credit.

Just a few things about an earlier comment. Yes Mitchell was in Class A and were young. Now they have one of the most highly recruited kids in the country in Thad Young. My understanding is he is a good student as well. I know that Coach Hewitt(Georgis Tech) was at Substate game watching him. I don't know what a previous poster said earlier but I have yetto see Bolivar choke in the big game, i.e. check the past few years. They have had great players in the pst and will continue to be above everyones level at least through next year. Willie Kemp is a top 5 pt guard in the nation if you don't believe check the schools that have been to see him this year. West Tennessee dominates this poll!!!

By Brentwood, I assume you mean Brentwood High.  If some of their kids received financial aid, that would be a story since they are a public high school.  Also, I don't know why you care,  Brentwood was not very good this year. <_<  ;)

825615099[/snapback]

Nope I was talking about Brentwood Academy, you know the one that has been talked about on this thread, and not Brentwood High that hasn't been mentioned. What a genious.

Now someone please answer me, when is Brandon Wright from. I know he goes to Brentwood.

Nope I was talking about <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, you know the one that has been talked about on this thread, and not Brentwood High that hasn't been mentioned. What a genious.

Now someone please answer me, when is Brandon Wright from. I know he goes to Brentwood.

825616224[/snapback]

Hey "genious", the word is spelled genius. Perhaps if you hadn't

made snotty comments earlier in the thread someone would

answer your question. Although I'm not sure anyone is capable

of telling you "when" he is from.

Edited by jek

Hey "genious", the word is spelled genius.  Perhaps if you hadn't

made snotty comments earlier in the thread someone would

answer your question.  Although I'm not sure anyone is capable

of telling you "when" he is from.

825616306[/snapback]

well somebody sure likes being grammatically correct, dont we... <_<