Next years Mr. basketball

blackfeet720

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brandon wasn't it D2, the point guard for Harding (#4) would have a shot. Good luck next season.

825611593[/snapback]

You're talking about Maurian Price. He is an outstanding offensive player...a natural scorer. He will definitely get nominated next year, and should have been this past year too, IMHO. It can't be said that he is a better nor more valuable player than Brandan Wright by any means, but if he were a few inches taller, he would be a big time DI recruit.

Edited by itzme

Seth skogen single a- he may not win it but he should be looked at- the kid is averaging close to 20 a game as a sophomore- just captured mvp honors or the region scoring 27 then scored 31 in the following substate game- the kid is for real-

825610921[/snapback]

first of all let me start by saying im not trying to dis seth skogen at all in this post.

now with that being said: i'm not to sure how great seth will do next year. sure it's not to hard now when you are playing on one of the best teams in the state. but next year he will lose

1. his brother caleb- without a doubt one of the best players in the state. who makes everyone around him ten times better

2. they lose mouw- their inside presence. i'm guessing that seth will have to step up and be their main rebounder now and their inside scorer. i'm just guessing but who else could be? i don't know of anyone else on their team that would, but then again you never know what wadley will do.

3. sean wadley- solid player, great defender, stats don't reflect his impact. but their record will next year when he is gone.

now i'm not saying that seth isn't good b/c he has proved that he has talent. i just think it will be a different story next year when he is the other team's focus on D.i'm sure he'll still get all-district but i think that mr. basketball is a little lofty of a goal for next year

Edited by insane mexican

Marquis Weddle will win Single A Mr. Basketball along with MVP of the State Tournament...You heard it here first...

Maybe Lake County will make The 'Boro.."In Due Time"..But they are going to struggle to be the third best team in the district with Union City and Humboldt joining the party next season....

As for talent coming up...Union City's freshman team was 14-1..And the junior high was 15-4...Pretty good talent at UC also.....Not to mention the varsity at 31-3 with one senior lost to graduation.... thumb

825611199[/snapback]

Sounds like some prettey good battles in the future!