Peabody Golden Tide

SportsNation

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsnation obviously is from UNAKA, and is trying to give "Bulliten Board" material to UNAKA. I think we do have chance to win eventhough they are defending champs. I know this isnt the same team, but I think it was in 96, when Peabody played defending champs Pickett Co(95), in the first round and beat them so this could be dejavu. This ghetto style he talks about, im not really sure. I mean Peabody doesnt pass the ball around 14 times to get a shot, and doesnt set a plethora of screens. They try to play an uptempo style of basketball. So if thats Ghetto ball then, we are the best "Ghetto ball playing Class A team"...is there an award for that...

Edited by Tidepride

we are used to people not likin us and to be honest i like it. i like other people sayin were good and that we'll win so people from peabody shouldnt disagree. if people wanna say were gonna whoop someone then let em. honestly, i agree.

825611532[/snapback]

Shhhh........MM.............yes, I know who you are......LOL :P

Sportsnation obviously is from UNAKA, and is trying to give "Bulliten Board" material to UNAKA. I think we do have chance to win eventhough they are defending champs. I know this isnt the same team, but I think it was in 96, when Peabody played defending champs Pickett Co(95), in the first round and beat them so this could be dejavu. This ghetto style he talks about, im not really sure. I mean Peabody doesnt pass the ball around 14 times to get a shot, and doesnt set a plethora of screens. They try to play an uptempo style of basketball. So if thats Ghetto ball then, we are the best "Ghetto ball playing Class A team"...is there an award for that...

825611576[/snapback]

I don't even know where Unaka is....I am familiar with the Peabody team and their starters, with the exception of the token white kid who usually plays about 10 to 15 minutes...per game. I am simply saying that Peabody will run/roll over Unaka probably by 30. They are sporting a Mr. Basketball finalist, even though he wasn't even player of the year in his own district, and a supporting cast (if not benched for inner school disciplinary problems) and they should have an easy time with Unaka. :P

825611576[/snapback]

Here's your reward and my agreeance to you on that style of ball...Peabody takes it!!!! :P

SportsNation you haven't been on the Trenton bandwagon all year so why are u posting crap like Peabody is unstoppable???? Sounds fishy to me!!! I have watched them all year and they are putting things together at the right time. I hope they do well in the tourney but they will have their hands full with the Defending State Champs. Don't listen to this guy because he obviously isn't from Trenton because Trenton Fans are still surprised at the Tide's turnaround during the tournaments and aren't making any reservations past Wednesday yet.

SportsNation you haven't been on the Trenton bandwagon all year so why are u posting crap like Peabody is unstoppable???? Sounds fishy to me!!! I have watched them all year and they are putting things together at the right time. I hope they do well in the tourney but they will have their hands full with the Defending State Champs. Don't listen to this guy because he obviously isn't from Trenton because Trenton Fans are still surprised at the Tide's turnaround during the tournaments and aren't making any reservations past Wednesday yet.

825611663[/snapback]

You're right. I'm not from Trenton. Everybody knows that from my name. Lake County and Trenton have been rivals for a while. I'm a Lake County gal all the way, but I'm rooting for Peabody. I'm glad they're going to state!!! DISTRICT 16A ALL THE WAY!!

ill say this for peabody when they are focused and ready to play they are near unstoppable they have good gaurds and partee and doaks in the post and both have proven they are able to take over any game. really the thing most likely to stop peabody is peabody them not playin to there potential or having a star player suspended. and as far as the "ghetto" ball award for uptempo style it should probably go to middleton or lake county for class A and what happened in their substate match up is that the ball was slowed down and the team that handled that adjustment best ( middleton because of previous lossed to bigger teams that slowed the ball down learned for their mistakes) won that game

I don't even know where Unaka is....I am familiar with the Peabody team and their starters, with the exception of the token white kid who usually plays about 10 to 15 minutes...per game. I am simply saying that Peabody will run/roll over Unaka probably by 30. They are sporting a Mr. Basketball finalist, even though he wasn't even player of the year in his own district, and a supporting cast (if not benched for inner school disciplinary problems) and they should have an easy time with UnakaB)

825611640[/snapback]

"They are sporting a Mr. Basketball finalist" This is not intended to discourage or put down NiKKY D. in any way but only to make known what the objective stats bear out.

The real Mr. Basketball Finalist from West, TN, in my opinion, based on the evidence should have been JCS' ALAN NORTH. Averaging 27.5 ppg in four of his last high school games all against top EIGHT 1A teams in our grand state. 29 Dist. Finals against Middlleton, 31 vs. W.Carroll in Reg. Tourn.--23 vs. Middleton in Reg. Finals and now 27 vs. Trenton Peabody. I would be surprised if any 1A guard could put up numbers like that against this caliber of competition. Not sure how it works in the other grand divisions of the state but in West Tn which is where i am from. Those who choose the finalists fail to take into consideration how some players are allowed to run up their scoring avg. vs weak opponents. In this case, North went up against all top notch clubs. The facts dont lie but unfortunately some people do.

"They are sporting a Mr. Basketball finalist"  This is not intended to discourage or put down NiKKY D. in any way but only to make known what the objective stats bear out.

The real Mr. Basketball Finalist from West, TN, in my opinion, based on the evidence should have been JCS'  ALAN NORTH.  Averaging 27.5 ppg in four of his last high school games all against top EIGHT 1A teams in our grand state.  29 Dist. Finals against Middlleton, 31 vs. W.Carroll in Reg. Tourn.--23 vs. Middleton in Reg. Finals and now 27 vs. Trenton Peabody.  I would be surprised if any 1A guard could put up numbers like that against this caliber of competition.  Not sure how it works in the other grand divisions of the state but in West Tn which is where i am from.  Those who choose the finalists fail to take into consideration how some players are allowed  to run up their scoring avg. vs weak opponents.  In this case, North went up against all top notch clubs.  The facts dont lie but unfortunately some people do.

825611821[/snapback]

My only question is "Where has this kid been all season??" I saw him against Peabody and he was stroking the three ball!!! Yea he had an outstanding run during tournaments!!! Is he a senior?? What were his stats for the season??