Peabody Golden Tide

SportsNation

My only question is "Where has this kid been all season??" I saw him against Peabody and he was stroking the three ball!!! Yea he had an outstanding run during tournaments!!! Is he a senior?? What were his stats for the season??

825611826[/snapback]

North was second only to Xavier Webb in West, TN in scoring. The reason he is unheard of is the powers that be want it that way. He also scored a career high 47pts. vs Memphis Harding back in Nov. against one of the top rated guards in the state on him most of the night. Take home: some kids get hyped; others dont. Some are deserving some are not. He's been doing that all year long. Avgeraging over 22 ppg and that without running up his avg. against weaker teams like some others did. Has led JCS in scoring since his Soph. yr. He should have been the West TN Mr. Basketball Finalist but the powers that be refuse to admit it but he proved without a shadow of a doubt that he deserved this honor. WatsUP WatsUP WatsUP

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Peabody play their 1st Rd State Tournament game and I don't know what kind of team they were with the bid kid that got kicked off the team but with the team they have in the State Tournament right now they have absolutely no chance of winning the State. Doaks is their WHOLE team and that is not an understatement. Doaks is such a freaskish athlete that if he had any kind of a supporting cast they would be almost unbeatable. But, Doaks is the ONLY thing Peabody has. The little freshman #21 will end up being a good player but right now he still needs a lot of development.

I saw Peabody play their 1st Rd State Tournament game and I don't know what kind of team they were with the bid kid that got kicked off the team but with the team they have in the State Tournament right now they have absolutely no chance of winning the State. Doaks is their WHOLE team and that is not an understatement. Doaks is such a freaskish athlete that if he had any kind of a supporting cast they would be almost unbeatable. But, Doaks is the ONLY thing Peabody has. The little freshman #21 will end up being a good player but right now he still needs a lot of development.

825621534[/snapback]

Must i say AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Keep looking and focusing on Doaks and u just might see Peabody with a gold ball before its over. I watched them play in the 1st round also and have seen then play many times and those role players will hurt u when least expected.

thumb

Peabody did not get this far from doaks only .ashburn and everyone else will get it done  DONT HATE US JUST GET ON OUR TIDE AND ROLL

825621583[/snapback]

Lets get current, Peabody plays Wayne Co., right? Then if someone saw both play, how do they match up? It's not about what a team did all season, ( Temple, Pickett, Unaka, CAK) it's how they handle the atmosphere and nerves of being at State. Oh yeah, they're all good or they wouldn't be at the BORO.

thumb

Lets get current, Peabody plays Wayne Co., right? Then if someone saw both play, how do they match up? It's not about what a team did all season, ( Temple, Pickett, Unaka, CAK) it's how they handle the atmosphere and nerves of being at State. Oh yeah, they're all good or they wouldn't be at the BORO.

825621606[/snapback]

Any of the remaining 4 could win it. I dont see a true favorite now. There could be a 10-15pt win by one team, b ut thats just how it goes at state. I wouldnt be surprised if the games were 3-4 pt nail biters

Any of the remaining 4 could win it. I dont see a true favorite now. There could be a 10-15pt win by one team, b ut thats just how it goes at state. I wouldnt be surprised if the games were 3-4 pt nail biters

825621612[/snapback]

Wow.........I think this is the only post where I actually agree with you. At this point I am satisfied with where Peabody is. I would love to see them play in the championship game and bring home the gold, but if a loss happens before that......they have so much to be proud of and everyone here feels the same way.

Wow.........I think this is the only post where I actually agree with you.  At this point I am satisfied with where Peabody is.  I would love to see them play in the championship game and bring home the gold, but if a loss happens before that......they have so much to be proud of and everyone here feels the same way.

825621618[/snapback]

I totally disagree with you. Remember the times when PHS was a Class A powerhouse. When we didnt expect for the TIde to lose. We cant have that attitude as fans. Of course if they loose we will be proud, but we shoudl expect nothing less that a championship every year. We have so much talent in our small town. No other class A school can say that they have talent year in year out. Evry year we have a sports team up for something big. The talent is there. We have to get back to that mentality where we except nothing but winning. These guys have been playing together since they were in the 6th grade. They have played in JR high state games with each other. They know what it takes to win. Remember Obion COunty, and Union City, Bradford girls, Gleason girls, back in the 90's fans their fans wouldnt make statments like this. Excepting anything less that a championship is unheard of. Lets get back to the old days where we believe in our program.....Lets dig deep and find some of that TIDE PRIDE!!!!

Roll TIDE

Edited by Tidepride