Mt. Juliet's Clark

newton5907

I have had the privledge the past 3 years of watching Alysha Clark play for the Mt. Juliet Lady Bears.

These 3 years have been 3 of the best in sequence since the 81-83 run.

Unfournately Alysha suffered a hip injury last season with a month to go in the season. Without her presence we were a totally different team.

Alysha is one of those players that comes along ONCE in a lifetime. She is most deserving of the Miss Basketball award she was awarded last night.

In my opinion she is one of the best players I've seen in this state.

She is a leader and she will be a great asset to the Belmont program.

I understand Belmont also signed the Holiday girl from Chester County and that girl is some POINT guard. I was most impressed with her in the State Tourney.

Sounds like Belmont maybe becomming a force to deal with in the near future.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a couple of years, I had heard of and read about Ms. Clark from Mt. Juliet. I finally got the pleasure of seeing her in person on Saturday night.

All I have to say is WOW! :o

As advertised, she was THE best player at the Boro on Saturday. She (along with the remainder of the Lady Bears) were extremely fundamentaly sound. She new how to position herself to get the ball on offense and blocked out as well as I have seen in a long time. I'm not for sure how many rebounds she had, but everytime I looked she had the ball in her hands after a shot was taken (on the offensive or defensive end). Impressive.

Belmont won the lottery in my opinion, because I think she would be a fine addition to any of the larger SEC schools. I am sure she will make a huge impact at Belmont.

Good luck to her and congrats the Lady Bears.

Also, Dyersburg played a heck of a ballgame, congrats to them as well.

Edited by sam4vol

Place Clark on any team at the state tournament, and they would win the state! She is that good and that deserving. I'm not sure Mt Juliet makes it to the state if

she was not on the team. They have a good team, but Clark makes them great.

No other player in the state could have that impact.

Here's a thought for some "old school" Mt. Juliet fans. Clark wears No. 22, a number also worn by former Lady Bear greats Donna Finley (mid-1970's) and Shelia Johansson (star of the 1977 state champions). Of course these two ladies played 6-on-6, but they were dominating scorers in their own eras. Clark is hands-down the best athlete I've seen play at MJ, but would some of the old-timers care to reflect on the legacy of No. 22 at Mt. Juliet High?

Since we're talking about rumours...

My understand was that she really (really!) wanted to play for Vanderbilt but they weren't offering any scholarships (yet) when she signed for Belmont. It's always a risk but I'll bet if she had hung on patiently that's where she would have ended up next year.

I would LOVE to see her play in the SEC.

Here's a thought for some "old school" Mt. Juliet fans. Clark wears No. 22, a number also worn by former Lady Bear greats Donna Finley (mid-1970's) and Shelia Johansson (star of the 1977 state champions). Of course these two ladies played 6-on-6, but they were dominating scorers in their own eras. Clark is hands-down the best athlete I've seen play at MJ, but would some of the old-timers care to reflect on the legacy of No. 22 at Mt. Juliet High?

825617791[/snapback]

Well I'm old school (or maybe just old). I had the pleasure of watching all of these ladies play. Finley and Sheila Jo had similar games, perhaps because of the six on six play. Both were prolific scorers but didn't have to worry about defense or rebounding. Clark is by far the most dominant player I have seen at MJ. One little nugget: Sheila Jo 1977 State Tournament MVP- 35 pts. in final game. Congrats Alysha on winning AAA Miss Basketball and to you and the rest of the Lady Bears for going all the way! I have thoroughly enjoyed watching you play the past three years. Thank you and good luck!!!