TSSAA RIPOFF.

tellicobearfan

Sportser and Catfish, I didn't know you guys worked for Ronnie Carter. You have to admit the way they the state tourney is not fan-friendly at all. By the way what states make you clear the gym after a state championship game? I am the type of person that likes eveidence of this and not just generalizations. You want to know how supporting a team can hurt a student's wallet. Here is an example.

Student from Bolivar attending all 3 rounds

Tickets: $24 (Tickets are $10 on Saturday)

Gas: TN avg gas price 1.98 * 13 gallons = around $25 a day for gas= $75 for 3 trips to the buro

Food: $10 a day= $30 total

So realistically a student wanting to support his school would pay around $125 for 3 trips to the buro. I know alot of students dont have to travel that far. But tell me how many kids are able to pay that. The TSSAA needs to find a way to help the students, but I guess I am wrong for wanting to get more students there to support their school and raise the attendance to an event that is struggling.

825617801[/snapback]

Last time I checked the TSSAA wasn't a big influence on state gas prices. :lol: No one is forcing these poor, malnourished, and deprived children to go to the game. Tell the kid to quit driving and ride the pep bus. Give me a break do you notice how many people work at these tournaments. That's a lot of paychecks. And no one is taking into account the price for using Murphy Center. The crowd size of the tournaments are down. Gotta be able to afford to have the tournament somehow.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more money taken in, the more money for the staff in the T$$AA.  It's no wonder Carter's salary over is over $100,000 a year.

825617819[/snapback]

I wouldnt put up with the crap that they have to put up with from narrow minded uninformed individuals for the money that they make.... Yeah he makes alot of money but look at other states and look at what their Executive Directors make... Tennessee is getting a bargain!!! Especially with the wonderful people that they have to put up with, whom have no idea what they are talking about........

Ronnie Carter's suits.................$1000/each

Ronnie Carter's Salary.............. $100,000+/yearly

Ronnie Carter's plan on how to squeeze another dollar out of what fans TSSAA

has left...................................PRICELESS

There are some things people can't afford. The TSSAA shouldn't be one of them.