District 7-AAA

BlackAndBlueDevil

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Oakland didn't even put a team together? How the mighty have fallen. Should be easy pickings for the Stars (and Devils).

I do have a question, Hoolie. I'm not familiar with how things run in the 'Boro, so how is it that Siegel has all the talent that has come up through the RCM, yet Blackman and Riverdale have nobody? Don't these kids at the other schools have just as much opportunity to start early?

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, Oakland didn't even put a team together? How the mighty have fallen. Should be easy pickings for the Stars (and Devils).

I do have a question, Hoolie. I'm not familiar with how things run in the 'Boro, so how is it that Siegel has all the talent that has come up through the RCM, yet Blackman and Riverdale have nobody? Don't these kids at the other schools have just as much opportunity to start early?

825617861[/snapback]

I think all of the current Siegel players are zoned for Siegel. I heard that the best tennis player at Siegel is playing baseball.

I think all of the current Siegel players are zoned for Siegel. I heard that the best tennis player at Siegel is playing baseball.

:angry: A good tennis player back in the day yes...but he has since given it up

He would be #2 or #3 on this team.

well theres no denying it that tennis is an expensive sport....so its not by chance that 4 of our top 8 players live in Breckenridge. 3 of us live on or around Haynes and the other just happens to live in the zone. I am the only one who moved from out of the zone into it when Siegel opened...esp with Blackman's whole team leaving and everyone who I grew up playing with coming to Siegel.

Tennis has become very exclusive, for lack of a better word, in Murfreesboro and sadly most kids give it up after the first couple of times they play and they are absolutely terrible, most people are. We've had to put in years of practice to get where we are and I think most kids aren't willing to spend that kind of time on a sport such as tennis.

:angry: A good tennis player back in the day yes...but he has since given it up

He would be #2 or #3 on this team. 

well theres no denying it that tennis is an expensive sport....so its not by chance that 4 of our top 8 players live in Breckenridge.  3 of us live on or around Haynes and the other just happens to live in the zone.  I am the only one who moved from out of the zone into it when Siegel opened...esp with Blackman's whole team leaving and everyone who I grew up playing with coming to Siegel. 

Tennis has become very exclusive, for lack of a better word, in Murfreesboro and sadly most kids give it up after the first couple of times they play and they are absolutely terrible, most people are.  We've had to put in years of practice to get where we are and I think most kids aren't willing to spend that kind of time on a sport such as tennis.

825640269[/snapback]

Hooligan, I respect your opinions. You are one of the few people on here that know something about tennis but you will lose credibility fast if you do not clarify your comment on the kid who decided to play baseball.

Siegel #1 and #2 never came close to beating him to my knowledge. He was named the best Freshman in Rutherford County two years ago. I think you beat him in a local tournament last summer after he walked off the baseball field and had not practiced for months. It is a moot point but if he were still playing and practicing he would be the #1 player at Siegel.

If he was still practicing like the rest of us then he would be #2 most likely possibly #3.  He went back and forth with our #1 when the two of them played but our #1 would clearly be above him now

825640481[/snapback]

They went back and forth? From what I hear your number 1 never beat him in tournament play.