District 7-AAA

BlackAndBlueDevil

Hoolie, do you think that tennis will ever get popular enuff to warrant the local schools building their own courts?

825660653[/snapback]

I don't think it will ever happen. The County is not going to sink money into tennis because the interest is not there unfortunately. Example......Oakland boys went to the state in '03 and '04 but couldn't field a team this year.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and where have I stated that Im judging my success by high school tennis??? Your assumptions have proven to be the farthest thing from the truth so far

You want to compare qualifiers last year??? I was 3-2 Kyle Wishing went 3-2 and Zack went 2-2.  You act as though Zack Jones was the all mighty.  My USTA record last year was 8-6 not stellar by any means while Zack's was 6-6????  While he was a good tournament player...he was not head and shoulders above us as you make him out to be....If you believe your telling the truth then it just shows that you don't really know what your talking about.  I have never judged how far my game has advanced by high school..nor has anyone on our team. 

And about the qualifier....I wont be in it this year so you will see my results in other tourneys this summer and fall....I will be on the sandy beaches of Maui

825660330[/snapback]

Until you say something intelligent Hooligan I cannot let you have the last word. 6-6 after walking off the baseball field and juggling two sports at the same time is more impressive than your 8-6. For an average player you can sure talk some smack. This kid competed in the Southerns and several designated events and you want to tell us how your game has reached a level he was never at? C'mon Hoolie.

I don't blame you for skipping the qualifying to go on vacation. Nothing personal but your game is not at the level required to qualify for Southern's anyway. Serious players work their vacations around the most important tournament of the year. Don't get your big head trapped in the Maui sand.

individuals will be Lokits/ Wishing...Doubles will be Hale/Edwards and Hayes/Verble in the finals

and No I didn't qualify but look at how many qualifiers I played and when I began to take tennis seriously....Did you ever qualify after 14's?????

825660534[/snapback]

Anybody can play in the qualifier Hoolie.

well, 1-0 me ... southern tournaments?

825660582[/snapback]

You must be Z-JO. Why do you let Hoolie talk all that Smack? I know you qualified in 12's and I think you qualified in 14's too (Macon, GA). Hoolie has never qualified and never will. I know you guys are friends but you are too kind and too much of a gentleman for letting him trash you.

Anybody can play in the qualifier Hoolie.
Serious players work their vacations around the most important tournament of the year. Don't get your big head trapped in the Maui sand

Anybody who lives in TN :unsure: and if you would read my entire post on that...I wasn't bragging about being able to play in it....I was simply saying that Zack took it more seriously at a younger age and that I started at a later age....My first qualifier was last year of 14's so thats a total of 3 qualifiers only two of them actually serious about tennis...

Ya know its funny...you get on here and worship Zack like the pope and I say one thing, and that was right now he couldnt beat our 1-4 and hate to tell ya but to ur chagrin that is dead on and you blow up saying I'm trashing him...I wish Zack would have never quit I wish he was on our team...because I say that Zack couldn't beat 4 players from Siegel for obvious reasons of no practice, matchplay, or tennis of any kind in so long I'm obviously trashing him...right??????

And about vacation....we didn't exactly have the option of choosing when we wanted to go on an all expense paid trip for 5 to Hawaii...Business thumb

Anybody who lives in TN :lol: and if you would read my entire post on that...I wasn't bragging about being able to play in it....I was simply saying that Zack took it more seriously at a younger age and that I started at a later age....My first qualifier was last year of 14's so thats a total of 3 qualifiers only two of them actually serious about tennis... Ya know its funny...you get on here and worship Zack like the pope and I say one thing, and that was right now he couldnt beat our 1-4 and hate to tell ya but to ur chagrin that is dead on and you blow up saying I'm trashing him...I wish Zack would have never quit I wish he was on our team...because I say that Zack couldn't beat 4 players from Siegel for obvious reasons of no practice, matchplay, or tennis of any kind in so long I'm obviously trashing him...right?????? And about vacation....we didn't exactly have the option of choosing when we wanted to go on an all expense paid trip for 5 to Hawaii...Business thumb

825661687[/snapback]

I think you forgot what you wrote Hoolie. Go back and read it. I think your fingers get ahead of your brain when you are typing. You said your game, and others on the Siegel team, has advanced to a level that he was never at. That's trash. You said if he were still playing he would be at best #2, or #3. That's trash. He was better than all of you when he quit and there is no reason to think that would change if he were still practicing and playing. Your posts are opinion oriented. My posts can be backed up by his record and accomplishments.

You nailed it Bluetooth..........he is way too humble and too good of a kid to trash a friend on the T. I am proud of him for holding his tongue no matter how hard it may be for him. Besides......we have you to do it for him. :lol: I like ya Bluetooth!

How about you telling me about someomore of Z-Jo's accomplishments on the courts....unfortunately I never had the pleasure of watching him play. <_<

825661609[/snapback]

Well 2priceless, He could tell you better than I. I am a fan of tennis and I have watched all of these guys for years. To be brief, He played in two Southern Closed tournamnets (only 12-15 from Tennessee qualify in each age group). This tourny is for the best kids in the Southeast (excluding Florida, they have there own tourny). I think Wishing is the only other player from Siegel to accomplish this. He played in multiple designated events in every state in the Southeast excluding Florida. The designated tournaments are for the top 64 players in the Southeast that decide to enter. Some of the top players do not always enter and that opens the door for other players. He was seeded in some of these tournaments and beat some seeded players along the way. His final ranking in the 14's according to the USTA website was #74 in the South. His game started to fall off after that because of baseball. That's the part that his detractors remember most.

My personal opinion is that he had to make a decision on devoting even more time to tennis in order to crack the top 50. To do this and continue to play baseball would be extremely difficult. The top 50 in the South are enormously talented and have superior mental toughness. Zack definitely had the physical skills to get there. He decided to play baseball and the rest is history.

You appear to be a big fan of his. What is the connection if you don't mind my asking?

I think you forgot what you wrote Hoolie. Go back and read it. I think your fingers get ahead of your brain when you are typing. You said your game, and others on the Siegel team, has advanced to a level that he was never at. That's trash. You said if he were still playing he would be at best #2, or #3. That's trash. He was better than all of you when he quit and there is no reason to think that would change if he were still practicing and playing. Your posts are opinion oriented. My posts can be backed up by his record and accomplishments.

825662111[/snapback]

sigh....Have you seen Kyle's record lately???????? #3 in the state Right now he is #100 in the south but today He beat a top 65 player in the south from Knoxville at the Carter Classic. Tell me when is the last time you have seen Kyle or any of us play??? If you actually know tennis and know anything about our team you would know that Zack wouldn't be playing #1 for us. Anybody on our team would tell you that not just me. and another false comment by you...he wasn't better than us when he quit...once upon a time he was better, like 12's and 14's, but not when he quit...that too can be backed up by his record B)

Well, I'd say this post has gotten out of hand.

I play on Siegel's team, and i can tell you that hoolie is a very well accomplished, hard working player. All of us on the team have worked extremely hard this year, including hoolie, and he has probably improved maybe the most out of all of us. Don't question his credibility, because i know for a FACT that he is not bragging on himself or bringing zack down. Zack, if he was still playing and never stopped playing, would no doubt be in the top 5 and mostlikely top 2. But, he chose baseball and his game has declined. That is that.

And Hoolie, I advise you just to not worry about it because you won't win this fight i don't think. But anyone on our team and anyone that plays you will know that we have all come a long way and this post is not worth stressing out over.

sigh....Have you seen Kyle's record lately????????  #3 in the state Right now he is #100 in the south but today He beat a top 65 player in the south from Knoxville at the Carter Classic.  Tell me when is the last time you have seen Kyle or any of us play???  If you actually know tennis and know anything about our team you would know that Zack wouldn't be playing #1 for us.  Anybody on our team would tell you that not just me.  and another false comment by you...he wasn't better than us when he quit...once upon a time he was better, like 12's and 14's,  but not when he quit...that too can be backed up by his record  B)

825662184[/snapback]

I have not taken anything away from Kyle. A good player who has worked hard and has made great strides in the last year. Let it rest Hoolie.