District 7-AAA

BlackAndBlueDevil

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region is sort of out there...we played many teams in our region at the champion's club tournament and went undefeated, but you never know...tullahoma will be there, other teams i am unsure of.

Hale and edwards lost in the semis to the team from lebanon.

For an update on the girls, Callie Caffey of blackman beat emily jacobs in the finals and Elizabeth Ingle and Mollie Ann Trollinger of oakland won doubs.

Edwards absolutely fell apart in that match

wannabe I see where you went for the smash two as hard as you can strategy on your serving? lol

and as far as region it doesn't look like there will be any competition....The #1 player from Tullahoma hits with us sometimes and he tells us that District 8 is terrible. Tullahoma won singles and doubles I THINK i know they won singles but not sure about dubs and I know they won the team but they fall off bad after #1 so hopefully we can keep on advancing

Edited by Harris' hooligans

wannabe I see where you went for the smash two as hard as you can strategy on your serving? lol

and as far as region it doesn't look like there will be any competition....The #1 player from Tullahoma hits with us sometimes and he tells us that District 8 is terrible.  Tullahoma won singles and doubles I THINK i know they won singles but not sure about dubs and I know they won the team but they fall off bad after #1 so hopefully we can keep on advancing

825668349[/snapback]

yea shoulda never even been as close as it was

825668127[/snapback]

825668349[/snapback]

Gosh Hooligan, after reading your post, I felt thought it was basketball season all over again. Just like ol' times with your not giving Lebanon any credit for their doubles' win. Do your opponents ever win, or do you guys just lose?

yawn...another example of you not knowing what your talking about. Were you there???...when you have 10 putaway floaters right on your racquet at the net and u miss all 10 of them and countless other key shots then I consider that falling apart. They were up 5-2 first set and dont close it out....they win second set 6-2 and then simply dont hit the ball hard at all and played Lebanon's game in the 3rd set. In tennis theres a difference between winning a match and beating yourself. Lebanon played good but Edwards fell apart end of story

Nice comment...i must agree...the better team may have easily been hale/edwards but they didnt pull it out in the end, lebanon did. You dont have to give them credit or say they earned it ,but don't get on here and say that the only reason they won is because edwards fell apart. Just move on..Your not even the number 1 for seigal, how can you boast so much and yet be a number 3 player?

Okay.

Fact of the matter is, you can say that Edwards/ Hale beat themselves, you can say that Lebanon won, but it all comes down to the fact that Lebanon played the better match.

On paper and asking anyone you wish, Edwards and Hale were the better duo, but on that day, Lebanon's two seniors played better and deserved to win the match. The siegel duo did indeed miss many put away balls and lost many points that they should have won.

But, the Lebanon team had more desire to win the match and it showed, because every point they won was a celebration. HAle and edwards didn't show any emotion and it was negative, and that very well could have been what helped send Lebanon up over the top.

Say what you will, Edwards and Hale DEFINITELY did NOT play their best match, in fact it was probably one of their worst of the season so far, but Lebanon's team played better than Siegel did and pulled out the match in three sets.

BTW, i don't see any arrogance in Hoolie's post. I play for siegel also and watched lots of the match and I can vouch for him that Edwards did fall apart in that match. That is not taking any credit away from the Lebanon team.

Edited by nation_supp89

Nice comment...i must agree...the better team may have easily been hale/edwards but they didnt pull it out in the end, lebanon did. You dont have to give them credit or say they earned it ,but don't get on here and say that the only reason they won is because edwards fell apart. Just move on..Your not even the number 1 for seigal, how can you boast so much and yet be a number 3 player?

825671023[/snapback]

yawn and lets look back at what I said....Edwards fell apart. Did I EVER say that the only reason they won is because of Edwards. Its the equivalent to you saying Todd Cross had a terrible shooting night.... no one gets on here and attack you saying omg you dont give anyone credit can anyone ever flat out beat lebanon? Lebanon showed more emotion fact...they played their game..said that...and they won fact Edwards fell apart...fact The thing that you love to do so much getthatstuff is assume things and take them as you see fit.

and one more thing....PLEASE OH PLEASE show me where there is any form of boasting???? and if you want to talk about seeding...lets talk about what seed you would be on Siegel's team wannabe. thumb

yawn and lets look back at what I said....Edwards fell apart.  Did I EVER say that the only reason they won is because of Edwards.  Its the equivalent to you saying Todd Cross had a terrible shooting night.... no one gets on here and attack you saying omg you dont give anyone credit can anyone ever flat out beat lebanon?  Lebanon showed more emotion fact...they played their game..said that...and they won fact Edwards fell apart...fact  The thing that you love to do so much getthatstuff is assume things and take them as you see fit.

and one more thing....PLEASE OH PLEASE show me where there is any form of boasting????  and if you want to talk about seeding...lets talk about what seed you would be on Siegel's team wannabe.  thumb

825671230[/snapback]

rofl

and if you want to talk about seeding...lets talk about what seed you would be on Siegel's team wannabe.  thumb

825671230[/snapback]

I wouldn't know which end of the racket you use to hit the ball with, therefore, I probably would not be seeded very high. I do, however, know about fair play.

Unfortunately (I reckon'), I am old school where credit was given when credit was due. I appreciate some of the things I read on the recent posts. I don't disagree that the Siegel team may have been better than the Lebanon team. They may win 9 out of every 10 times the two teams meet. But this is the 'one' and Lebanon deservedly won. Their effort warrants all the credit. They should not have to read about "Edwards falling apart." Maybe, just maybe, Edwards fell apart because Lebanon took him apart. Possibly?

Edited by getthatstuffoutahere