UNAKA is about to Blow Peabody out!

youngbballfan

trenton finished third in the regular season ad 4th in the ditrict tournament but there is alot of competition in our district on any given night.middle college won the regular season followed by lake county who beat trenton three times and trenton who then split with middle college.middle college was the team who lost to halls in the first round in the district tournament.so based upon these facts,trenton was tournament tested against some good competition all year with improving guard play as the seasaon ended.i heard trenton seemed to have trouble today with turnovers but still prevailed. there is still some good teams in west tn that are at home.lake county middleton game went into overtime in the substate round.those two teams could go 5-5 against each other.trento peabody turned things around after the doaks was suspended for two games before the regional tournament.trenton winning those two games without doaks might have improved the confidence of the other supporting cast with doaks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trenton finished third in the regular season ad 4th in the ditrict tournament but there is alot of competition in our district on any given night.middle college won the regular season followed by lake county who beat trenton three times and trenton who then split with middle college.middle college was the team who lost to halls in the first round in the district tournament.so based upon these facts,trenton was tournament tested against some good competition all year with improving guard play as the seasaon ended.i heard trenton seemed to have trouble today with turnovers but still prevailed. there is still some good teams in west tn that are at home.lake county middleton game went into overtime in the substate round.those two teams could go 5-5 against each other.trento peabody turned things around after the doaks was suspended for two games before the regional tournament.trenton winning those two games without doaks might have improved the confidence of the other supporting cast with doaks.

825620731[/snapback]

By Trenton finishing 3rd it should let Tenn. know how strong 16a is and how strong west tenn single a boys bb is, nobody in our district and region needs to be a shame. This needs to be forgotten and the west needs to rally around our representation, whatever happened in district and region is over and believe me I have a right to say for I am a HALLS fan for life. I only wished the other parts of Tennesse could see what you've stated about the competition then maybe they would understand these whippings they are getting

WHEN WILL YOU GUY'S RESPECT THE WEST!!!!!!!

THE WEST IS NOT WEAK!!!!!!!!!

825623128[/snapback]

I only wished the other parts of Tennesse could see what you've stated about the competition then maybe they would understand these whippings they are getting

825623264[/snapback]

Please explain who, if anybody, does not respect west TN basketball? EVeryone in the state knows the overall best talent comes from the west. And about the whippings? I didn't see you on here talking about "the whippings" last year when Unaka won the State title. Why do you have to put others down to show how good west TN basketball is? We already know this. We also know how some fans from west TN, a minority, belittle people from "other parts of Tennessee." If you would like, I can send you a Certified letter saying that West TN has overall the best talent in Tennessee. It is WAAAAYYY too much for people just to support their school of choice and not belittle other teams. :lol: And we wonder why children grow up to be selfish and bad-mouthers. If any high school students or student athletes see this remember....... You don't have to put others down to show you are good. Believe me, we notice how good of a job the teams from West TN and "other parts of Tennessee" are doing. I'll have to change my quote again....... Please see below and Good Luck to ALL Teams remaining in the State!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!

B)

Edited by Stokomo

Please explain who, if anybody, does not respect west TN basketball? EVeryone in the state knows the overall best talent comes from the west. And about the whippings? I didn't see you on here talking about "the whippings" last year when Unaka won the State title. Why do you have to put others down to show how good west TN basketball is? We already know this. We also know how some fans from west TN, a minority, belittle people from "other parts of Tennessee." If you would like, I can send you a Certified letter saying that West TN has overall the best  talent in Tennessee. It is WAAAAYYY too much for people just to support their school of choice and not belittle other teams.  <_<  And we wonder why children grow up to be selfish and bad-mouthers. If any high school students or student athletes see this remember....... You don't have to put others down to show you are good. Believe me, we notice how good of a job the teams from West TN and "other parts of Tennessee" are doing. I'll have to change my quote again....... Please see below and Good Luck to ALL Teams remaining in the State!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!

:ph34r:

825623299[/snapback]

If you respect us then we appreciate it. When UNAKA won I was in the BORO supporting my teams Halls where I live and Haywood County where I teach if you just got to know. Noone has put anyone down because if you ever have read my post I have always described the play of Temple and their fabulous Skogen brothers as wonderful but if you are not from the West then you wouldn't understand just read some of the posts after the tournament. People have went as far as saying the West domination is a Racial thing like we as african americans breed players. No need for a certified letter because my reward is seeing our kids get what they work hard for all year. By the way I am a Halls Fan for life a fan whose team lost Ezell Harding in 2002 semifinals and Temple in 2004 1st round and I give credit where it is due. I supported Trenton , Middleton and all other West Area teams and none was my school so who is putting who down when one Unaka fan called a blowout before the game was over between Peabody and Unaka. So you need to take some time out to read some other post then you will know why feelings run the way they do.

I supported Trenton , Middleton and all other West Area teams and none was my school so who is putting who down when one Unaka fan called a blowout before the game was over between Peabody and Unaka. So you need to take some time out to read some other post then you will know why feelings run the way they do.

825626184[/snapback]

This is getting a bit like jargon. I took the time to do my research on your topics and other things before I replied to your post. You should have done the same thing you preached and researched a little bit yourself. The person that started this thread is from middle to west TN and has no affiliation with Unaka, so he/she is not a FAN. Youngbball was only stating an opinion that was looking that way in the first half, but it was his personal opinion and he actually stated it was "ABOUT to be a blow out." Your statements "WHEN WILL YOU GUY'S RESPECT THE WEST!!!!!!! THE WEST IS NOT WEAK!!!!!!!!!" and "I only wished the other parts of Tennesse could see what you've stated about the competition then maybe they would understand these whippings they are getting" are what I replied to. You act like no one respects the west. I do not see that. I do see some racial comments as you have stated, but that shouldn't be new to you as an African American.

I am also an African American and see no need for racism here or anywhere, so your points go unmerited when they are aimed at me. Just because UNAKA is an all-white team doesn't mean that they do not respect you or the west. As a matter of fact, I know the coaches and players and they have nothing but the utmost respect for all TN teams and humans in general. I am glad that you support those who work hard on the floor to achieve success, but remember there has to be equal work, if not more, in the classroom if TRUE achievement can take place. Everywhere, not just West TN, I see where student-athletes put the time in the gym but not the BOOKS, then wonder why they got a "raw-deal." I have also witnessed your other posts on here and it seems you have a firm grip on the situations of demanding respect and having manners, so we are not against each other, just from different parts of the state. I believe in three critical factors: 1) BOOKS!!!! 2) Attitude and 3) work ethic. God-given talent is an added bonus but will not do you any good if the first three are not met. I wish you only the best and admire you for staying on our young men and women to be productive citizens. thumb GOD BLESS!!!!!

:P

This is getting a bit like jargon. I took the time to do my research on your topics and other things before I replied to your post. You should have done the same thing you preached and researched a little bit yourself. The person that started this thread is from middle to west TN and has no affiliation with Unaka, so he/she is not a FAN. Youngbball was only stating an opinion that was looking that way in  the first half, but it was his personal opinion and he actually stated it was "ABOUT to be a blow out." Your statements "WHEN WILL YOU GUY'S RESPECT THE WEST!!!!!!! THE WEST IS NOT WEAK!!!!!!!!!" and "I only wished the other parts of Tennesse could see what you've stated about the competition then maybe they would understand these whippings they are getting" are what I replied to. You act like no one respects the west. I do not see that. I do see some racial comments as you have stated, but that shouldn't be new to you as an African American.

I am also an African American and see no need for racism here or anywhere, so your points go unmerited when they are aimed at me. Just because UNAKA is an all-white team doesn't mean that they do not respect you or the west. As a matter of fact, I know the coaches and players and they have nothing but the utmost respect for all TN teams and humans in general. I am glad that you support those who work hard on the floor to achieve success, but remember there has to be equal work, if not more, in the classroom if TRUE achievement can take place. Everywhere, not just West TN, I see where student-athletes put the time in the gym but not the BOOKS, then wonder why they got a "raw-deal." I have also witnessed your other posts on here and it seems you have a firm grip on the situations of demanding respect and having manners, so we are not against each other, just from different parts of the state. I believe in three critical factors: 1) BOOKS!!!! 2) Attitude and 3) work ethic. God-given talent is an added bonus but will not do you any good if the first three are not met. I wish you only the best and admire you for staying on our young men and women to be productive citizens.  thumb  GOD BLESS!!!!!

:ph34r:

825626390[/snapback]

Since the person that started the thread isn't from Unaka then he should have responded to me for I was responding to him. I have a right to voice my opinion when I feel the comment was not in good character. Just because I am African American doesn't mean I have to overlook ignorance but use it as a opportunity to educate my children and others. Believe me race is not a factor, for my children I work with and share with, have problems that have no color. If you have to know UNAKA made all of us public school westerners proud last year. They were the last standing and took it all the way. You should then educate the others from your part of the state that lack the knowledge and understanding of people . We often fear what we don't understand. Here in Halls me and some friends joke that we get the bad calls because we have an African American coach and, team but the fans are we are a rainbow of beauty. You should see some of the looks we get from other teams not similar to us. We have always had that loveand support in our community for our children so maybe I would like to see others free

their minds. There has to be more work in the classroom but also in our communities that's why I am running for public office in hometown. I plan to lend a needed hand in rebuilding a community that aided in my educational, social and spritual growth. I wish you the best and I am glad that we where able to reach some common ground.

There has to be more work in the classroom but also in our communities that's why I am running for public office in hometown. I plan to lend a needed hand in rebuilding a community that aided in my educational, social and spritual growth. I wish you the best and I am glad that we where able to reach some common ground.

825627181[/snapback]

From your posts, you sound like the man that needs to get the job, and I do mean job!!! Very few of us African Americans are willing to step it up in our community and give help and be a voice for those silenced. This is about basketball so I will try to keep it there. I sincerely hope and pray that you succeed in every venture to help your community and BEYOND. Where is Halls? I coached AAU for 12 years and was in Memphis for the State playoffs every year. I know little about the vast communities in Memphis but you may be able to ring a bell as to where I have been. I have taken my teams to the all-night basketball courts near the airport off of 240, I believe just north of the Mississippi border.

From your posts, you sound like the man that needs to get the job, and I do mean job!!! Very few of us African Americans are willing to step it up in our community and give help and be a voice for those silenced. This is about basketball so I will try to keep it there. I sincerely hope and pray that you succeed in every venture to help your community and BEYOND. Where is Halls? I coached AAU for 12 years and was in Memphis for the State playoffs every year. I know little about the vast communities in Memphis but you may be able to ring a bell as to where I have been. I have taken my teams to the all-night basketball courts near the airport off of 240, I believe just north of the Mississippi border.

825627592[/snapback]

Woman to the get the job. Halls is 65 miles north of Memphis, straight up Hwy 51, between Ripley and Dyersburg.